Rate the Teaser Trailer!

It's not weird at all when you stop and realize that Fox is giving us the FF film that literally no one wanted in a cheap attempt to hold onto the rights. That's it, that's the entire issue summarized in one sentence. It's fine if you don't agree, I hope you get what you want out of the film, but to pretend our negativity is completely unwarranted is a bit much.

That doesn't make any sense because it would have been the same amount of work and money to make a reboot that was more in line with the original comics rather than the Ulimates storyline.

If they had done a movie that was faithful to the original storyline, it would still be a "cash grab" by your definition. So it really just comes down to the fact that a bunch of people are pissed that it isn't the 616 F4. It's still a somewhat faithful adaptation of a set of comics that was published. Full stop.

The tone and visuals of the trailer are different than whatever's come before it in prior CBM trailers. So I'd rate it an 8.5/10. The trailer honestly has me thinking "comic accuracy be damned, this looks like a pretty unique CBM."

Except The Fantastic Four as a comic book are already unique and can easily be put to film to show that. :huh:

This isn't even Ultimate FF. The containment suits, crappy looking Doom, they aren't called the Fantastic Four.

Exactly. The gun to Marvel's head was bankruptcy and the possibility of loosing everything. Marvel didn't want to sell these characters, and if there was another option to save themselves back then I am sure they would have happilly explored it.

Surfer

And Marvel almost going bankrupt is Fox's fault? If they had not been saved, then you wouldn't be getting all these Marvel Studios movies that we all get to enjoy now.

This isn't even Ultimate FF. The containment suits, crappy looking Doom, they aren't called the Fantastic Four.
We haven't really seen enough to confirm. The internet blogging Doom is obviously cause for trepidation, but until I see it (or hear a synopsis in full), it looks close to that universe so far to me.

And Marvel almost going bankrupt is Fox's fault? If they had not been saved, then you wouldn't be getting all these Marvel Studios movies that we all get to enjoy now.

Wow. The kool aid runs DEEP when they start giving Fox credit for Marvel Studio's success.

Heh. The ratings really are all over the place. It should be interesting to see what this place is like in August.

Wow. The kool aid runs DEEP when they start giving Fox credit for Marvel Studio's success.

Actually that was stretching, but I was just using bad internet logic. It works both ways. I'm just saying that you can blame anyone for anything and vice versa.

And actually, no Kool Aid necessary. It's pretty accurate to say that Fox making X-Men led to renewed interest in superhero movies. Of course you still have to make good movies, but the green-lighting process is always a big hurdle.

There's no section as negative as this one. It's like cult in this sub forum

You don't like it? Move on then, if you cannot post your opinion without rude posts about other posters in this forum, you will not be welcome here. I have already kicked a poster out that was on the "negative end" of the spectrum for his rude posts to those posters who are looking forward to the movie. I can just as easily do it again...

Your opinion is more than welcome, and I am very glad that you are liking what you are seeing and hearing, but the above post is not welcome.

Yeah, you definitely were.

Also, I never said Fox saved them single-handedly. Marvel saved themselves by selling the rights. That other user was implying that the other studios forced that situation.

I have to say unless there will be something else in the movie itself, I'm not sure what the 616 comment was about in the interview from yesterday. IT IS HOWEVER, very much a UFF adaptation, as far as this little bit that we have seen.

A few things that I can glean from just a teaser...

1. Miles Teller seems to have taken on the UFF Reed...
2. As far as the others? just did not see enough to make an opinion, BUT...this has cemented a little more that though Kate Mara is a fine actress, IMO, she is not Sue Storm even from a UFF adaptation. At least, not in what I have seen thus far...
3. Without getting a solid look and feel for the villains, I have no opinion on that.

I just let a couple of my non-comic book fans take a look at the teaser. Their reaction was the same.... Seemed interested in the movie, and then at the end..."That's a Fantastic Four Movie?" weird.... shrug of the shoulders and that was it.

I have to say I agree with them, had I not known that it was an F4 teaser trailer, I would have never guessed it was the Fantastic Four...that in and of itself makes me sad, but I can certainly understand the casual fan of the F4 enjoying the teaser and looking forward to the movie, I certainly won't take that away from them.... but what I saw does feel like the comic that I know and love, but it does look like it could be an interesting movie. :) I give it a 7, on its own merit, and a 0 for a Fantastic Four feel. :(

But hey, I will give a few more views... :)

A few things that I can glean from just a teaser...

1. Miles Teller seems to have taken on the UFF Reed...
2. As far as the others? just did not see enough to make an opinion, BUT...this has cemented a little more that though Kate Mara is a fine actress, IMO, she is not Sue Storm even from a UFF adaptation. At least, not in what I have seen thus far...
3. Without getting a solid look and feel for the villains, I have no opinion on that.
I thought the few flashes of Miles and Kate were good. Kate has already out-acted Alba, that's for sure. Dunno about the rest though. The few shots of Jamie and MBJ were fleeting, but they both kind of looked like cliches (playing baseball, working on a car...).

Well, I for one, even as an Albafan was very surprised and I mean VERY SURPRISED at the casting of Alba for Sue Storm... without having really heard any dialogue from the 4 themselves, I can't really make a statement on whether the writing is better than the first 2 movies....which is what I saw as the problem far more than the acting.

With that said, I cannot say anything bad about Mara's acting, she is a very good young actress. I simply can name at least 5 other actresses that are just as good and would have been perfect for Sue...But that is simply this fan's opinion and I wanted some other actresses in the role of Sue. I don't want to take anything away from Mara, I will respect the actors....I always have, whether I like them in the roles or not, but I definitely could see at least 5 others in those same exact scenes that would have made me much happier. BUT.....I will give her a chance and see what happens.

It doesn't look half bad. Looks like a grittier more serious take on the characters, I defintely will check it out. Sucks that all the comments on YouTube are people crying about Sue and Johhny being adopted siblings. Like in 2015 it's so absurd that a white chick and a black guy can't be adopted siblings and still have the traditional sibling relationship/ dynamic.

Anyway,

7.5/10 for the teaser

Actually that was stretching, but I was just using bad internet logic. It works both ways. I'm just saying that you can blame anyone for anything and vice versa.

Marvel published the UFF

Trank was inspired by the scene from the UFF comic

All this is Marvel's fault!!!!:woot:

5/10

Nothing about it said bad movie here. But it failed to impress me even a little bit. Left me emotionless and not caring about anything I'd seen in it.

Compared to Tim Story's version - 10/10

Compared to other sci-fi movie trailers - 7/10

Compared to the classic comics - 2/10

The average rating gets a 6. :o

You must have a low opinion of Sci Fi movie trailers.

9, as well.

I've been back and forth in threads but I'm solidly excited now.

8/10 for me. Really liked the teaser. It did exactly what it needed to, set up the story and show a few scenes from the second half of the movie. No beat by beat breakdown of the movie, and showed us just enough to let us know the tone of the movie. Definitely interested in the movie now, probably will catch it in theaters.

The next 2 trailers need to nail the effects and scope of the movie. Most likely, the next trailer will be in May with Avengers if it follows the DOFP promotion timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"