Sequels Recasting the X-Men for the MCU

Yeah clearly not one of my best casting choices though all the others are pretty solid I think. I have many better ideas but he was the one I went with mostly for the picture base.

I like the idea If Milo Gibson, Robert Kazinsky, Dustin Claire, Christopher Abbott, Shoa Lebauf, Michael Zegen, etc.. But alas they didn't have good enough images to use for the picture.

Cyclops - Logan Lerman
Jean Grey - Olivia Cooke
Beast - Jesse Plemons
Angel - Alfred Enoch
Iceman - Connor Jessup

Wolverine - Oscar Isaac (yes, I fancast him for everything, and no, I don’t care)
Sabretooth - Gustaf Skarsgard

Professor X - Chiwetel Ejiofor (yeah yeah, he was in Doctor Strange, tough ****)
Magneto - Adrien Brody
Cassandra Nova - Thandie Newton

Cyclops - Logan Lerman
Jean Grey - Olivia Cooke
Beast - Jesse Plemons
Angel - Alfred Enoch
Iceman - Connor Jessup

Wolverine - Oscar Isaac (yes, I fancast him for everything, and no, I don’t care)
Sabretooth - Gustaf Skarsgard

Professor X - Chiwetel Ejiofor (yeah yeah, he was in Doctor Strange, tough ****)
Magneto - Adrien Brody
Cassandra Nova - Thandie Newton
Weird I like all your casting choices just not for the roles you placed them in.
LL- Northstar
OC- Kitty Pryde
JP- Synch
CJ- Cannonball

OI- Young Professor X which I don't really want but would be good with him.
GS- Sauron

CE- (motion capture) Gladiator
AB- Jason Wyngard/Mastermind
TN- Mystique

Watching hellboy I realized Milla Jojovich a would make a great Emma Frost and David Harbour a great beast
I didn’t think of either but they could both work. :up:

I don't like Milla for Emma, but I could definitely see her for Mystique. Harbour as Beast, sure.

If they decide to cast younger actors/actresses, they could go for Mina Sundwall from Lost In Space for Jean Grey. She’s 18, she’s got the look, and she’s a decent actress. Or I might just be saying this because Lost In Space is my new obsession and I love the whole cast with all my heart and soul.
Mina+Sundwall+45th+Annual+Saturn+Awards+Arrivals+K9kpV9GBNMYl.jpg

mina-sundwall-1.jpg

I just want the characters to look like the comic books

I don't really mind who plays who as long as they look and act somewhat like the characters. Not exactly, but enough to be recognisable.

I want Essie Davis (Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries) to play Cassandra Nova. She’s got so much charisma, and I can just imagine what her wardrobe would look like. I think she’d look great in a bald cap, too.
upload_2020-1-19_12-26-10.jpeg
upload_2020-1-19_12-28-24.jpeg

I just want the characters to look like the comic books

I don't really mind who plays who as long as they look and act somewhat like the characters. Not exactly, but enough to be recognisable.
I hear you. Of course, there's considerable leeway when it comes to that. A lot of superhero characters have fairly generic good looks with every artist putting their own style on that look. Put a pair of red sunglasses on James Marsden and he looks like Scott Summers. But then again so does Eric Bana wearing those same shades in Black Hawk Down.

I want Essie Davis (Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries) to play Cassandra Nova. She’s got so much charisma, and I can just imagine what her wardrobe would look like. I think she’d look great in a bald cap, too.
View attachment 31232
View attachment 31234
Not a bad shout. I’d be interested to see what she could do and how they could make her look for the role.

I don't like Milla for Emma, but I could definitely see her for Mystique. Harbour as Beast, sure.
Actually yeah, she might be better suited (as in perfect for) Mystique.

For me Thandie Newton and Olga Kurylenko are the ones to beat imo. They both look and have similar energies to the way ive always thought Mystique should look and act.olga.jpg
e915b62a1f5b9a39212ec4687bdceba3.jpg
rocknrolla07.jpg
124fa99dd55cfdb35374d369ac790d66--marvel-dc-comics-marvel-art.jpg 83de17bec930c0fec5f61117081b1653.jpg Olga-Kurylenko-Christian-Dior-Spring-2014.jpg

olga has never impressed me but Thandie would be a very interesting take i think

Thandie is by far my #1 choice and I agree she would be the most interesting of the two. She just has this simultaneously maternal yet detached vixen look about her that is key to selling Mystique properly.

being almost 50 i'm not sure how interested she would be in taking it on, but i'd def be curious in how she would play it

How about Josh Brolin as Wolverine? Sure, he's played Thanos, but never appeared in human form. He would have the right look and height for it and acting skills.

With the mutton chops and bouffant hairdo and lack of purple skin, he'd look different enough from the Mad Titan.

He also played Cable which is now loosely connected to the MCU. So it is a hard pass for me.
being almost 50 I'm not sure how interested she would be in taking it on, but I'd def be curious in how she would play it
She did Westworld doing action and adventure with social commentary sprinkled in. I doubt it would be too much of a stretch to see her being open to playing one of the most iconic X-Men villains now in the MCU.

Also if she can get Nolans involved even better.

If they decide to cast younger actors/actresses, they could go for Mina Sundwall from Lost In Space for Jean Grey. She’s 18, she’s got the look, and she’s a decent actress. Or I might just be saying this because Lost In Space is my new obsession and I love the whole cast with all my heart and soul.
Mina+Sundwall+45th+Annual+Saturn+Awards+Arrivals+K9kpV9GBNMYl.jpg

mina-sundwall-1.jpg

She seems like she'd more of a fit for Kitty Pryde. She comes across younger in Lost in Space anyway, and has that sort of Kitty-ish personality more than Jean.

That first pic of her in the green dress is not really the best pic of her and not quite representative of how she looks. The second one is better.

He also played Cable which is now loosely connected to the MCU. So it is a hard pass for me.

She did Westworld doing action and adventure with social commentary sprinkled in. I doubt it would be too much of a stretch to see her being open to playing one of the most iconic X-Men villains now in the MCU.

Also if she can get Nolans involved even better.

i wasn't thinking along the lines of the content. i totally think she's up for that, but i wonder if she's willing to sign a 7 film contract commitment. do they still make the actors do that?

i wasn't thinking along the lines of the content. i totally think she's up for that, but i wonder if she's willing to sign a 7 film contract commitment. do they still make the actors do that?
Wouldn't you think that a television show would be an even larger commitment due to you pretty much making several films worth of content in shorter timespans? Not only that but agreeing to be available for several seasons up to 7 years if the show is a hit.

Wouldn't you think that a television show would be an even larger commitment due to you pretty much making several films worth of content in shorter timespans? Not only that but agreeing to be available for several seasons up to 7 years if the show is a hit.

oh i agree with that totally. i just don't see the show giving her that much time off to film the movie or vice versa. would be great though

oh i agree with that totally. i just don't see the show giving her that much time off to film the movie or vice versa. would be great though
That's true. Chris Pratt had to take a hiatus from Parks and Recreation because of just that. I did not consider that but it is a fair point. Although some actors have done both before like The Rock with Ballers and "the Fast" franchise so it is not impossible either.

Amybeth McNulty is a promising young actress already with an amazing performance in 'Anne with an E' under her belt, I could see her potentially being a great Jean in the future

IMG_-3g0fay.jpg

For me Thandie Newton and Olga Kurylenko are the ones to beat imo. They both look and have similar energies to the way ive always thought Mystique should look and act.View attachment 31281
View attachment 31278
View attachment 31275
View attachment 31283 View attachment 31277 View attachment 31279
Thandie Newton is wayyy too old for Raven Darkholme now. She would've been great 10 years ago, though. Maybe Valerie Cooper

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"