Sequels Recasting the X-Men for the MCU

I know exactly what you mean. When I suggested Psylocke should be a British man that ends up in the body of a Japanese woman (because her origin story involves a mind swap), the entire forum was against it :funny:

Emma Frost is another filthy rich blonde and I honestly couldn't see her any other way. But If they made Cyclops/Scott Summers latino I think it would mean a lot to people. Even though nobody really listens to Scott sometimes.

i don't think they'll recast magneto as black

the holocaust is too important to his entire origin. professor x maaaaaaaybe but also doubtful with his connection to israel and their mutual connection as well due to it

instead i think they'll just have a more diverse team

If Marvel wanted to pull a Robert Redford in Winter Soldier, Daniel Day-Lewis as Magneto would be mindblowing.

the mojoverse cast made me chuckle.

would it be too much to ask for a more classical or opera take on Dazzler?

[YT]gaK2chA79jI[/YT]

I could see something reminiscent of the Fifth Element happening

[YT]i86Ugyg3nfk[/YT]

Imagine the fifth element scene as Asteroid M : D

That clip made me love Emmy even more.

If Marvel wanted to pull a Robert Redford in Winter Soldier, Daniel Day-Lewis as Magneto would be mindblowing.
Everything DDL does is mind-blowing. There Will Blood and My Left Foot are both absolutely brilliant movies (damn you, now I have to finally watch Lincoln). Don't want to see Magneto again anytime soon, but he could easily play Sinister, or Bastion.

DDL is maddeningly selective about his film projects, and didn't he retire? Even if he comes back to it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it won't be for a Marvel movie.

Characters like Xavier, Beast, Cyclops, etc... can be any race, really, but Magneto needs to stay a white Jewish man. It’s too deeply engraved into his character.

Also, no gender-swapping, please. Just prominently use any of the amazing female characters already in the X-Men lore.

DDL is maddeningly selective about his film projects, and didn't he retire? Even if he comes back to it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it won't be for a Marvel movie.
That's why I said "if Marvel wanted to pull a Robert Redford in Winter Soldier". Wasn't he retired before being cast in that?

redford retired after the old man and the gun, and that was his "final" movie, but the russos got him for one last cameo in endgame on the day he announced his "retirement"

but there is 0 chance DDL does a mcu movie lol let alone any movie, the man is very decisive, if he says he's retired, he's retired

And, as mentioned, DDL was really picky about his roles even before his retirement.

Another respected actor I could see as Magneto is Viggo Mortensen, but I don't think he has done a purely commercial role in ages, either. Maybe Marvel could lure him with a promise of the kind of paycheck that could help him keep choosing passion projects ages to come. Or maybe not. For all I know Viggo still has enough of that LOTR money lying around to go swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck.

Last edited:
in his day viggo would've been a great doom but i don't see him doing an mcu either, he did LOTR because of his son, he usually does more art house kind of movies, especially at this in his career i believe he wants to do more directing

As I recall Christopher Abbott has been suggested for Wolverine a few times either here or in the Marvel Films subforum. I couldn't comment since I hadn't seen him in anything. Now I've finally watched Catch-22. And while Yossarian is obviously a very different character from Logan, Abbott does as good job and comes across as a capable and charismatic actor. I wouldn't mind him getting at least get a screen test.

Last edited:
i don't think they'll recast magneto as black

the holocaust is too important to his entire origin. professor x maaaaaaaybe but also doubtful with his connection to israel and their mutual connection as well due to it

instead i think they'll just have a more diverse team

It would depend on the timeline of the MCU. If it's closer to the time of when Howard Stark is still alive, then by all means, make him a survivor of the Holocaust. If it's modern day, that might be difficult. If you want him to be an older gentleman in the modern day, say someone closer to the current age of William Hurt (who will be 70 next year), then make him a child of Holocaust survivors. It could get more difficult of the MCU Magneto is closer in age to RDJ, Ruffalo, Cheadle and Rudd, all of whom are in their early 50's. They can still make Magneto a descendant of Holocaust survivors but he himself would need to be a victim of prosecution.

He will be the most difficult to cast.

they could still have him tied to WW2 and just have slower aging a byproduct of his mutation, four fundamental forces of the universe, unknown comic book science, blah blah blah. or have the nazis experimented on him, but that might be too much of a retread of first class

only other thing i can think of is maybe he's a child who lost his parents to the holocaust, which would still age him pretty decent.

Does Disney now own singers X-men as well?

since they now own everything xmen, I could see daisy Ridley as jean grey, not sure if someone already said that. Saw an interview on a Latino channel

Last edited:
That's what he was in the Fox movies already.
i could see them rehashing it, or playing off it. i remember him fighting to get to his mother and they showed the fence bending to his will. they could make him much younger, an infant snatched away or something to take some years off.

Watching hellboy I realized Milla Jojovich a would make a great Emma Frost and David Harbour a great beast

First post and been so randomly inspired I have been making concept art for the X-Men for the tail in 2019. So new year here is some new concept art with who I think should be cast as the team

Armie Hammer as Cyclops
Emma Stone as Jean Grey
Not completely sold on this one but...
Orlando Bloom as Wolverine
Katherine Langford as Rogue
Avan Jogia as Gambit
Cole Sprouse as Iceman
Maggie Q as Psylocke
And Jeffery Wright as Beast
547c580b-abfb-40c9-a1a1-47d56a3190dc_rw_1200.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back