Resistance 3

i wasn't blown away by the multiplayer either it seemed really bland to me graphics look okay and i don't know why but the guns look really weird this time

I thought it looked like a lot of fun. Thinking this could be the best shooter of 2011 for me... after Battlefield 3.

Maybe it was something about that map wasn't diggin that either although i do like that teleporting to a enemey thing that was friggin' sweeeet!!

Well, here is my entry for the U.S. contest that my friend and I worked on called "Predator & Prey". Let me know what you guys think! Hope you like it.

Resistancesurvivor.jpg

What I was shooting for: I didn't want to do a Resistance style battle. Instead, I wanted to try and evoke the viewer into having somewhat of an emotional attachment to the picture. While a lot of the European entires seemed to be more focused on "Soldier warfare", I really wanted to reflect the atmosphere in Resistance 3. It's no longer a game about military might. It's a game about survival and that's what I wanted to emulate in the picture.

The backstory to my photo was, I was a civilian who survived a battle against the Chimera. However, my allies were all wiped out and I'm on the run. I'm taking salvation in an abandoned building and a Chimeran Hybrid is in hot pursuit. All I have is a magnum to his Bullseye. Things don't look good. *:D

I had such a blast making this photo. It was one helluva an experience to go to this condemened building and do a photo shoot. The conditions were horrendous! We were shooting in 15 degree weather. Snow was falling outside. I rolled around in some mud to get the war torn look. *:D My nose was running while we were shooting.

All in all, I felt we definitely captured a realistic scenario for the Resistance atmosphere. I'm very content with how our picture turned out. Hopefully, like my picture, I'll be a Resistance survivor. *;D

Here is the original photo before post processing:

hybridX-1.jpg

Here is another photo we were thinking about using.

field-1.jpg

I titled it "Leaving Hope" after my favorite Nine Inch Nails instrumental. We wanted to show a soldier who was contemplating suicide.]

Hope you guys enjoyed our photos!

Yeah, the first picture is what we submitted.

The other two were just actual photos we took without doing any photoshopping to them. Glad to hear you approve! Means a lot.

I can FINALLY talk about this! :shock

Honestly, this video does not do the experience justice. It's one thing to watch it but a WHOLE other ball game when playing.

This is, by far, the best installment of Resistance. Insomniac Games have crafted such a tight/polished experience! The controls are very intuitive. They are very reminiscent of the first game with a hint of the second. In short, they've taken the best elements of both games and created a perfect hybrid. The weapons are heavy and feel powerful! They are such a joy to shoot. In a way, I guess you could say it control a bit like Killzone 2. However, not to the extent that game goes. Resistance 3 still manages to keep its own identity, which I love!

Also, the way Insomniac has implemented the rumble, makes me want to turn it back on while playing. The game still has a long way to go. Which is very surprising. Their attention to detail is absolutely flooring. They have a new gore system implemented, you can see snippets of it in the videos posted, where players actually inflict bullet damage on the creature models. It's awesome shooting a Chimeran Hybrid in the head and watching half of it's face be stripped clean away. You can also shoot off arms and legs. And there are different articulation points so the gore is different every time! It's not pre-scripted like most games. It's actually physics based which is such a sight for the eyes. Really gives a certain satisfaction when inflicting damage on adversaries.

I played this level on March 28th and the experience has still stuck with me since then. That's almost two weeks time. Very impressive to say the least. Insomniac seems to be focusing more on story this time around and that's something that I find very enticing. The video above doesn't really justify the games atmosphere. You get a real sense of despair when traveling through the flooded town. All in all, this is definitely a day one purchase! But then again, would you expect me to give it anything else? :p

I'll be sure to post pictures from Community Day and my small tour of Insomniac later.

After Seeing Battlefield 3 Trailer and Tv spots i really wish Insomniac could polish R3 to look as good as Battlefield 3

BF3 is running on a high-end PC in those trailers. It won't look as good on PS3/360. Though it will still look awesome.

When the action packed sci-fi thriller Battle: Los Angeles is released for Blu-ray on June 14, anyone who purchases the movie will get access to an exclusive playable demo of Resistance 3, the latest installment from Insomniac Games' first-person shooter series.

The Resistance 3 demo is approximately a half-hour long and features the creepy boat level that our own Jake Gaskill previewed at Insomniac's Community Day. From his preview, "This particular sequence finds Joe Capelli and an unidentified companion, both of whom just recently escaped a massive showdown with the invading Chimera in the town of Haven, Oklahoma, which we played through in our previous hands-on preview, and managed to travel quite a distance in order to secure transport and start their journey up the Mississippi on their way to St. Louis."

It seems that the demo will be on the disc.

I actually like that cover a lot, and I have no affinity for Resistance whatsoever. I'm so sick of all boxart depicting a generic action scene or a bunch of disembodied heads.

A bit of comparison:

resistance-fall-of-man.jpg

Resistance2-box-art.jpg

I am with Soapy, I really like the cover.

That cover is ugly as hell

I actually like that cover a lot, and I have no affinity for Resistance whatsoever. I'm so sick of all boxart depicting a generic action scene or a bunch of disembodied heads.
well thats done for marketing. Those are alot more marketable and appealing than the one for R3. I wouldnt be surprised if it gets changed between now and September. The design just looks awful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"