Rian Johnson Invites You To The Benoit Blanc Mystery Thread

Shapiro is blowing a fuse over this movie on twitter. I'm so happy Rian Johnson got under his skin.

eric-andre-popstar.gif

Netflix simply doesn't have the infrastructure to focus more on distribution. I mean, they used Fathom Events for the Glass Onion. And everything I've seen from their corporate leadership indicates they are not interested in going in that direction. And won't be for a while. They are techbros at heart, which I think this movie clearly, clearly shows what is going on in that mindset.
Yeah, I think they've made it very clear that they would rather ride the company into the dust than admit their "innovations" aren't actually sustainable business strategies. Rather than change any of the myriad of company directives that are squandering their capital, they're trying to ban password-sharing in a way that completely ***** any customer who ever travels, with their only apparent solution being "log your travel plans with us."

Honestly, the Glass Onion script feels like it was originally most directly targeted at Johnson's new Netflix bosses, and Musk just bumbled himself into fitting the role perfectly.

Yeah, I think they've made it very clear that they would rather ride the company into the dust than admit their "innovations" aren't actually sustainable business strategies. Rather than change any of the myriad of company directives that are squandering their capital, they're trying to ban password-sharing in a way that completely ***** any customer who ever travels, with their only apparent solution being "log your travel plans with us."

Honestly, the Glass Onion script feels like it was originally most directly targeted at Johnson's new Netflix bosses, and Musk just bumbled himself into fitting the role perfectly.

I mean, there is a wide variety of tech bro billionaires is applies to.

I think it was sustainable, until they got drunk making it rain. There very much was a bubble there, that was causing all the potential streamers to spend massive amounts of money on programming.

I expect Netflix to slowly to start releasing key shows weekly, rather than all at once.

I really enjoyed this. It was good fun with another great ensemble cast. I think Knives Out is overall a better movie but this was a solid sequel.

It was a solid murder mystery once again, but I like Knives Out a lot better mainly because of the setting and the actors involved.
Bring as many as these movies as possible. Daniel Craig is so damn entertaining.

Yeah Knives Out was better for me as well, mainly because the new enlgand setting made me feel right at home haha, and i did prefer the characters. But Glass Onion is still a great movie overall, and it's easily in my top 3 of the year. I wonder how long till we know the title of the 3rd film?

Yep, the first was better but this was still really good. Gimme another.

It’s too bad he feels that way, but I kind of understand the decision. At the very least “A Knives Out Mystery” is more elegant than, like, Knives Out 2: Glass Onion.

Or it could've been worse with any of these possibilities:

2 Knives 2 Forks
28 Knives Out Later
The Dark Knives
... or even
Knives Further Out
Knives Out With Forks
Knives and Sticks Out

:o

It's so backwards when Disney is allowing password sharing for Disney bundle. Pretty sure Amazon Prime Video allows it as well. It's f'n dumb to ban that. They used to freaking market it.

Last edited:
That was intriguing and fun. :up:

I hadn't actually watched Knives Out yet and didn't know this was a sequel to it till I saw the name, but now I've started that too.

These kinds of projects are good for Netflix to have in the streaming wars. Fun seeing Craig in these kinds of roles and I hope he continues to pick some quirky characters for future films.

Just watched Glass Onion, I thought it was good and a lot of fun

Janelle Monae, Danielle Craig, and Ed Norton were all great in their roles, while everybody else was solid as well, no weak links to be found. Once again it was visually impressive and full of little hints and easter eggs.

That said, I think Knives Out was a good bit better, and the mysteries were slightly more unpredictable. I called the ending on this one within like 20 minutes. Also Ana De Armas's character grounded the last movie in a way that this movie didn't have until half way through when the first big twist came. Also, this one could've used some Chris Evans lol

Also also, I hated the ending with the Mona Lisa bit... I don't care how much of a doosh he was and that he killed your sister, you don't burn the f***ing Mona Lisa to get someone in legal trouble. Not cool, Glass Onion, not cool.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

On rewatch

You can see Bron take the gun from Duke when they do a chest bump after Duke shows him his phone. Then you see the outline of the gun in Bron’s waistband when he turns around. Then you see him throw the gun down when he’s mixing the drink.

Seen Knives Out now as well which was a decent mystery and a little more serious than this one. Nice work by Johnson both times. Chris Evans was great. :funny:

Just watched Glass Onion, I thought it was good and a lot of fun

Janelle Monae, Danielle Craig, and Ed Norton were all great in their roles, while everybody else was solid as well, no weak links to be found. Once again it was visually impressive and full of little hints and easter eggs.

That said, I think Knives Out was a good bit better, and the mysteries were slightly more unpredictable. I called the ending on this one within like 20 minutes. Also Ana De Armas's character grounded the last movie in a way that this movie didn't have until half way through when the first big twist came. Also, this one could've used some Chris Evans lol

Also also, I hated the ending with the Mona Lisa bit... I don't care how much of a doosh he was and that he killed your sister, you don't burn the f***ing Mona Lisa to get someone in legal trouble. Not cool, Glass Onion, not cool.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

Craig's Benoit Blanc is amazing, make no mistake. But he is best when he is playing off of someone. It was Marta and the detectives in Knives Out. In Glass Onion, he was mostly solo. It is by small degrees that I find Knives Out better.

These kinds of projects are good for Netflix to have in the streaming wars. Fun seeing Craig in these kinds of roles and I hope he continues to pick some quirky characters for future films.

I'm sure Craig enjoys doing this far more than breaking bones and tearing ligaments in the James Bond shoots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"