Rick Famuyiwa is Directing the Flash

Excellent. Dope was awesome.

BEST WB/DC choice after JAMES WAN!!!…. He also understands the what the young people of U.S. face today…

I hope he brings the look and freshness of DOPE to THE FLASH.. I think The Flash should not just be a superhero movie..

I wouldn't mind if Barry Allen was made to be grown up in the ghettos or the streets surrounded by lots of crime.. or something like that either..

I hope he brings the look and freshness of DOPE to THE FLASH.. I think The Flash should not just be a superhero movie..

I wouldn't mind if Barry Allen was made to be grown up in the ghettos or the streets surrounded by lots of crime.. or something like that either..

I don't know if that's going to happen considering Geoff Johns and Jon Berg are producing The Flash.

Famuyiwa is an interesting choice. He has a strong comedy and character-driven resume, which is good for this movie. I hope he's a fan of the property too.

I don't know if that's going to happen considering Geoff Johns and Jon Berg are producing The Flash.

Famuyiwa is an interesting choice. He has a strong comedy and character-driven resume, which is good for this movie. I hope he's a fan of the property too.

I mean, I think Famuyiwa works best telling the stories of the people that don't have such luxury of other people, predominantly privilege white people in America..

I mean it would be a different take from the show but yet still be comic accurate with everything that Flash is famous for.

Hope he uses that colour tone and style he used for DOPE as well..
I cannot wait to see those bright posters for The Flash w/ him on board too.

The Flash movie is in good hands now.
https://twitter.com/RickFamuyiwa/status/738537630699118592
34ebbc0793dd4e8f97b0f8cd47a8b31d.png

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure The Flash will be a bright and colorful film. I wasn't crazy about Dope (I liked Confirmation), but it was beautifully shot. It did look a bit too clean due to the digital cameras, so hopefully Famuyiwa will shoot on 35mm like Snyder and Jenkins did for the cinematic texture.

I'm pretty sure The Flash will be a bright and colorful film. I wasn't crazy about Dope (I liked Confirmation), but it was beautifully shot. It did look a bit too clean due to the digital cameras, so hopefully Famuyiwa will shoot on 35mm like Snyder and Jenkins did for the cinematic texture.

I honestly want The Flash to be shot like DOPE.. I think the cinematography for DOPE was beautiful, it was colourful and fits the FLASH perfectly

I've only watched half of Dope so far but I think Flash having cinematography like Dope would be good.

Oh, wow, two threads here with same name, I will just quote my post then.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/the-flash-rick-famuyiwa-dope-dc-comics-warner-bros-1201766332/

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has found its director for its feature The Flash starring Ezra Miller. The studio has chosen Rick Famuyiwa, the up-and-coming director who on the feature front most recently helmed the Sundance pic Dope, which he scripted.

Famuiywa is receiving strong Emmy-season buzz for directing Confirmation, the Anita Hill-Clarence Thomas HBO drama that stars Kerry Washington and Wendell Pierce as the two principal characters.

He seems to be good choice as he has directed movies that focus on characters and the world they live in.

Also, as many have said it's a good thing that he is also a writer, I hope that he rewrites whatever he thinks is not well written, and improves the script.

I like the fact that many talented directors who would have just continued to making low budget indie films are getting a chance to direct big budget movies and get noticed.

Wow... Left field choice but I suspect he was chosen for his ability with character and humor. Left field... But a solid choice.

great, here we go with changing character's races from white to black and calling it "different" ......... forget about the Asians. Why have an Asian play Iris, not cool enough for people?

great, here we go with changing character's races from white to black and calling it "different" ......... forget about the Asians. Why have an Asian play Iris, not cool enough for people?

Is that sarcasm?

Wow Jeff Sneider just said on Meet the Movie Press that Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum) almost got The Flash directing job. Glad WB/DC didn't go with him.

Shawn Levy reminds me of Vertigo's Sandman.

This is all I have to say on this matter.

Rick Famuyiwa is a big step up to direct THE FLASH. I was worried we wouldn't get someone new onboard in time for the film to keep its release date, but this should out things back on track.

Shawn Levy is human vanilla. It bothers me that WB were even considering him.

Shawn Levy is human vanilla. It bothers me that WB were even considering him.

But he is what the studio would consider a "safe choice" with Night at the Museum & Real Steel being kind of action/comedy/special effect films which is what they are looking for with this movie. So not really a surprising finalist. Peyton Reed wasn't the most inspired choice for Ant-Man and that turned out okay.

I didn't say it was surprising but it does annoy me.

Marvel and WB are two completely different studios. Marvel has great people guiding their comic book films while WB doesn't right now.

i dont get levy hate real steel imo is one of the most underrated films i have seen it had fun,charm and tons of heart and the tone i would love for a flash movie

but glad we got Famuyiwa aswell

Well hello, nurse!

The rumor is that Imogen Poots has the Iris West role but the studio has confirmed nothing and I can't recall where I heard that rumor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"