Days of Future Past "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling she will be the real Phoenix in this movie. Whether or not she continues from The Wolverine or if it's an alternate timeline. When we see Jean in action, she will have the fire bird.

I have the same feeling. Bryan might want to give us HIS version of the real Phoenix, to make us all forget the horrible adaptation from X3.

Yeah, I think this'll have everything. If she's an alternate timeline Jean we can just assume she became the good Phoenix and never went dark. If she somehow returns from being a ghost in The Wolverine then she can be the white phoenix of the crown or whatever.

i still don't think jean will come back from the dead because i don't think X3's phoenix was that version of the phoenix, there was very little connection with the comic phoenix

but i think time travel will bring her back and knowing she has an action scene i'm assuming its quite early in the film, making me speculate maybe in the middle of the film we see what wolverine has changed being in the past so far and see an alternative dark future with jean and scott alive and maybe even jean being able to control her phoenix powers, its been done in X-men cartoon forms i believe where they tried to change the past but the dark future still remains but other things around it have changed, but obviously by the end it will be fixed

the reason why i think cyclops will be back at the same time jean is back is because what he will be the only one brought back from the dead at the end by the changed future? or at least the only one not to appear in the film and just get a cameo at the end? THE ONLY ONE!! when you think about it seems rather pointless, singer knows people wanna see cyclops again and i suppose if you wanted to make this film epic in scale bringing him back for a small role would be cool way to please some fans

Last edited:
I think it'd be cooler if she can't be killed. And the Jean in The Wolverine is an echo of the Phoenix still "alive".

I just hope they won't really focus on her, a little tease for the next movie would be fine. DOFP should be about going to the past and saving the future. Not the return of Jean Grey and Cyclops.

Im speculating cyclops and jean will have small roles in the dark future at some point and that them returning isn't made a big deal out of, something changes then they are there fighting sentenals

I have a feeling she will be the real Phoenix in this movie. Whether or not she continues from The Wolverine or if it's an alternate timeline. When we see Jean in action, she will have the fire bird.

I am up for that!!

I would love to see that in the movie,not saying they need to spend alot of time on her character but to see the firebird wreaking havoc would be awesome.

Do you realize that Prof X only appeared in 1 scene in Origins and Wolverine in 1 scene in First Class. Their role was merely a cameo.

With Jean Grey, there are already reports that Jean might show up in the movie more than once, so her role in the movie isn't a cameo but a small role. I just don't think its a supporting role like Yukio, Viper and the characters in the movie.

uh yeah, if you read the text you actually quoted you'll see I'm expecting more than a cameo from Jean Grey as Famke will be credited, will do promotion, and is featured in the marketing.

So Famke's returning in this movie? (please say yes)

If Phoenix is in this full fledged, then isn't this film going to be kinda crammed? They already tried to cram the war, the cure, and Phoenix into TLS. Now we are getting Sentinels, 1973, and Phoenix all together? I get that some of the characters have been established, but that was the same deal with the two films preceding X3. I don't see how you can fully develop the Sentinels and commit the time required to undo most of the major plot points in X3. I guess Singer earns the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think see how he overcomes everything the film has going against it.

If Phoenix is in this full fledged, then isn't this film going to be kinda crammed? They already tried to cram the war, the cure, and Phoenix into TLS. Now we are getting Sentinels, 1973, and Phoenix all together? I get that some of the characters have been established, but that was the same deal with the two films preceding X3. I don't see how you can fully develop the Sentinels and commit the time required to undo most of the major plot points in X3. I guess Singer earns the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think see how he overcomes everything the film has going against it.

she may not be back as the phoenix, just jean

Dam, did this woman ever aged?, haha, she looks great.

I like what I hear in this interview!

i think if they do anymore wolverine and jean love story stuff it really will crap on the last remaining dignity cyclops as a character has for this franchise

Famke is going to be on the Wendy Williams talk show on July 25.

Famke does look great! :hrt::hrt::hrt:

(but her eyebrows are very distracting, I've never noticed it before, even in the original movies but I first noticed it in The Wolverine trailer when she's hugging Hugh). :csad:

Last edited:
I have the theory that Cyclops will be in this film fighting sentinals, if that stuff about jean is true

the reports of seeing james marsden at the airport in the location they were filming gives us a possible hint that he will be involved and like others i did think maybe he will have a cameo at the end but now i think about it well it just seems pointless for him to be the only returning member to get a cameo at the end, wouldn't be most respectful to his character or not the most worthy of marsdens time and i know many will say oh they are planning future sequels but that actually feels like a long shot when you look at it and think about it, and singer obviously wants this film to be epic, part sequel but more its own thing, a big scope movie and bringing back Cyclops would help that like a lot for a few scenes and showing off his power, rather then at the end audiences shouting ITS CYCLOPS!! :D.. oh its finished D: which isn't the most satisfying

Last edited:
Interesting that she did the interview on a different set than the scene shown in the trailer..

The long Access Hollywood video interview with Famke kinda reveals a spoiler.

Are you referring to
Phoenix will always rise from the ashes (ie. she's back for DOFP)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"