Days of Future Past "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOAH, the set that she's on in the trailer addict interview says a lot. A few months ago i was ready to write this movie off but with all the great buzz I'm seeing, midnight showings? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Famke also did onset interviews giving us a longer look at her hair in the movie. I like this look the best of all the Jean hairstyles:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-wolverine/interview-famke-janssen

I though her hair in the first one was perfect, the whole ponytail thing, in X2 it was alright, I'm just not a big fan of short hair (storms hair keeps keying shorter and shorter :/) and on last stand, that wig and color looked awful. For the wolverine, her hair looks decent.

WHOAH, the set that she's on in the trailer addict interview says a lot. A few months ago i was ready to write this movie off but with all the great buzz I'm seeing, midnight showings? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Yup! On the wolverine behind the scenes, it's connected to same set Famke is having her interview in, it is guarantee that she has more than one scene :-)

Her hair in X2 was actually my favorite, X3's wig was awwffuuuulll, especially in the destruction of Alcatraz where it SHOULD have been at it's best, it came across too weird. The 'extended Dark Phoenix destruction' deleted scene really highlighted how bad it was too. That movie tried too hard to make every shot look like it could be a comic book panel, which is okay but it because too obvious. Not all things translate well on screen.

Her hair color in The Wolverine looks so much better compare to her hair color in X3.

It doesn't look fake.

I see james marsden (rumoured) has reappeared again on imdb!! After being taking off after he was spotted with Halle coming on a plane

I see james marsden (rumoured) has reappeared again on imdb!! After being taking off after he was spotted with Halle coming on a plane

The way I see it either cyclops won't be in the film at all or he will have a small role somewhere fighting sentinals

I don't think they will give him a pointless cameo which doesn't show off his powers

Yes I think this also! And if he is there potential for famke also....

My favorite Jean hairstyle was in X2. :hrt:

Just a head's up about the reminder posted at the top of the forum - with The Wolverine coming out next week, please make sure to keep spoilers regarding any post-credit scenes or ties to DOFP that *may* appear in that movie in SPOILER TAGS.

Thank you.

I've got a theory!
Retcon of a retcon. Here we go. The real Phoenix aka the "good" Phoenix left Jean's body as the psy-coccoon was created preserving the "bad" Phoenix aka Jean's real body. Wolverine then went and stabbed her. "Good" Phoenix is the firebird and the shadow above the lake was her leaving. She is also the Jean that Wolverine will be seeing in The Wolverine. She's somehow trapped from reappearing as Jean in physical form and can only speak to Logan. But she will return as the Phoenix bird at some point in DOFP I think.

I hope that doesn't happen.

I really hope they give her a break after The Wolverine. And that break has to be like 5 years or more. Not all modern-day X-Men films has to deal with Jean and her Phoenix force.

I've got a theory!
Retcon of a retcon. Here we go. The real Phoenix aka the "good" Phoenix left Jean's body as the psy-coccoon was created preserving the "bad" Phoenix aka Jean's real body. Wolverine then went and stabbed her. "Good" Phoenix is the firebird and the shadow above the lake was her leaving. She is also the Jean that Wolverine will be seeing in The Wolverine. She's somehow trapped from reappearing as Jean in physical form and can only speak to Logan. But she will return as the Phoenix bird at some point in DOFP I think.
I like the firebird theory. If they decide to give her that Pheonix ill be happy,but still would be so if they just decide to make her a powerful telepath/telekinetic because her powers were still developing in the movies.

I've got a theory!

Not bad my friend, seems like a stretch, but with the whole Havok news . . . I guess anything is possible.

I hope that doesn't happen.

I really hope they give her a break after The Wolverine. And that break has to be like 5 years or more. Not all modern-day X-Men films has to deal with Jean and her Phoenix force.

Wolverine has to take a break,not Phoenix.

Famke is the best x-woman,she must be on X-Men Days of future past.It would be a big disappointment that were not in this movie.Everyone waiting.

She has stunt double in this movie,she will have action. :hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:

I agree I think wolverine needs to take a back seat!

Jean needs to take a back seat as well IMO. The woman has died twice already for crying out loud, if she keeps coming back they might as well install a revolving door.

Thats what the Pheonix does its her namesake she rises from the ashes. Its not like she has been pushed down our throats at all,she had a storyline in X3 but it wasnt to much espiecally considering how awesome the comic was. I like Jean shes my 2nd fav behind Storm.

I agree,we need Famke on this movie.She's a diva,and X-Men needs more divas,like Halle or Rebecca,not only Wolverine and the x-boys.

Besides that she is 90% sure it returns.She has a double stunt.:jedi

this is how i see it, if cyclops returns then it will be the same way jean returns and i'm assuming its by time travel and not rising from the dead

there is no way you can make cyclops return alone be a big deal, not after how he has been treated in past films, if they bring him back they will have to bring someone else back with him in the same way

i really do think there is more to this then meets the eye

Jean needs to take a back seat as well IMO. The woman has died twice already for crying out loud, if she keeps coming back they might as well install a revolving door.

lol!!!!:funny:

I'm not sure about getting rid of her completely but give her a much smaller role in any new films and allow other female characters to be developed. We still don't know a whole lot about Storm or Kitty, and even Rogue to some extent! Please no more Mystique, tired of that character not even Rebecca Romijn's Mystique, who I love. Just move on to new female villains.

agree about Jean and Mystique too.

Its time to make Rogue and Kitty really Shine! And Storm a bit more too. A new female will be welcomed.

:huh: Don't know enough about Rogue? We know more about Rogue than almost anyone else in the trilogy. Rogue simply needs to have some fun, for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"