Runaways Casting Thread

I think we've all made up a runnaway or two in our time, yes?

Regardless, I like Haley Ramm a lot, she seems a bit old for our first Molly, but still cool... Sarah Steele from Spanglish would have been perfect, but she seems to have lost the weight that makes Gert stand out a bit... and Spenser doesn't sit quite right with me... I think she could do it though, honestly...

I'll stick to most of my choices...

Alex Wilder: Percy Daggs III
veronicamars_percydaggsiii.jpg

Nico Minoru: Camilla Belle (yeah, she's not asian, but she looks close enough, and I couldn't find asian actresses with the talent or the right age, that still felt like Nico)
04.jpg

Chase Stein: Brady Corbet
Brady%20Corbet-2.jpg

Gertrude Yorkes: Amber Tamblyn
172824__amber_tamblyn_l.jpg

Karolina Dean: Leighton Meester
leig14ym.jpg

Molly Hayes: Raquel Castro
Raquel%20Castro-1.JPG

fangrl06 said:
Hopefully they make a Runaways movie soon enough to cast them.

I'd say that Runaways has a lot more going for it than at least three of the proposed Marvel proposed projects (Ant-Man, Power Pack and Hawkeye).

The only trouble with a live action Runaways is that you really could only do the one movie and then all of your actors/actresses would be too old should they want a second movie.

If you cast kids who are actually teenagers now, then they'll stil be under 22-23 two-four years from now.

Philly Phanboy said:
The only trouble with a live action Runaways is that you really could only do the one movie and then all of your actors/actresses would be too old should they want a second movie.

try telling that to the people doing Harry Potter...

Pinoy98 said:
Karolina Dean - Spencer Redford

SpencerRedford.jpg

I like this lineup except the choice for carolina dean

but yes..Brenda song for Nico:) :)

I still would go with Spencer, even if she is a little older.

For a younger choice, Carly Schroeder from Firewall might be a good substitute to star as Karolina Dean.

firepre2.jpg

Another alternative for Nico, Katie Leung from the Harry Potter movies.

Katie.jpg

JackBauer said:
try telling that to the people doing Harry Potter...

Apples and oranges, JB. :O

Harry Potter movies are supposed to have the cast get older as they progress through school. Having the cast of Runaways look older in future movies would diminish the whole "lost innocence" idea.

true enough. but unfortunately I doubt they'd ever have to make seven movies out of Runaways. hell, we'd be lucky enough to get a trilogy, so, in a way, this is a moot point.

A Runaways movie has so much more potental than Power Pack. Then they after they do Cloak & Dagger, crossover movie!

I could see Milo Ventimiglia as Victor.

Anyway,

liverunbig5xc.gif

Thought this was interesting. Though, replace Tina Majorino with Sarah Steele and Michelle Trachtenberg with Evan Rachel Wood and then we're set.

Amber Tamblyn strikes me as a great choice for Gert, as I said before, Sarah Steele looked like Gert for Spanglish, but is definitely too skinny now...

Alyson Stoner is one of my favorite Mollys, but she's a bit old now...

And while I love Brenda Song, and I think Katie Leung could do a good job as Nico as well, they're both minors, and it feels odd having such young actors with such old actors... I think the casting should be a bit more even... either go young or go older...

Honestly, I almost always hate threads like this, as generally, people will post insane casting ideas that do not mesh well or fit in any way shape or form in regards to the source material.

But, granted I have no idea whom the actors listed without photos are, the majority actors photos that have been posted are perfect casting choices. Nice thread. 2 thumbs up.

You could use Carly McKillip as another alternative for Gert. I couldn't find a large picture of her but this will have to do:

240_alice.gif

Geez, its so dead around here.
Percy Daggs III for Alex!!!
Tina Majorino for Gert!!!

Nico Minoru- Mary Elizabeth Winstead
MaryElizabethWinstead01.jpg

Karolina- A.J. Cook
aj-cook.jpg

Molly Hayes- Taylor Atelian
main1.jpg

Alex Wilder- Nathan Stephenson
Robbie2.jpg

Gertrude Yorkes- Katie Boland + Dyed Hair and CGI Old Lace
boland_katie.jpg

Chase Stein- Greg Cipes

Victor Mancha- Tim Lacatena
10m.jpg

Xavin- Jacinda Barrett
jacinda_barrett_poseidon.jpg

Updating and changing a few of my picks...

Alex Wilder - Percy Daggs III

Nico Minoru - Brenda Song

BrendaSong.jpg

Chase Stein - Dustin Milligan

DustinMilligan.jpg

^ New pick: Dustin played the son in the short lived series ironically named "Runaway".

Gertrude Yorkes - Sarah Steele

SarahSteele.jpg

Karolina Dean - Alyson Michalka

AlysonMichalka.jpg

^ New pick: Alyson is a younger actress than my original pick and with straight hair probably looks more like the character "Karolina".

Molly Hayes - Jodelle Ferland

JodelleFerland.jpg

^ New pick: Jodelle was the little girl from he movie Silent Hill.

I like you list Philly, but I'd replace Gert with the sister from Runaway and The Book of Daniel.

I really like your list too Philly, but I'd rather have Ryan Newman as Molly. She was Cindy Collins in Zoom and I thought her character was Molly's clon. She had Molly's attitude, her power and her likeness for Princess codenames and colorful clothes.

I'll stick to most of my choices...

Alex Wilder: Percy Daggs III

:up:

After rewatching Veronica Mars last year I was like wait a minute...

A Runaways movie should be one of Marvel's priorities. It doesn't have the readers fanbase, but you put the trailer out there people would see it.

I could see Milo Ventimiglia as Victor.

Anyway,

liverunbig5xc.gif

Thought this was interesting. Though, replace Tina Majorino with Sarah Steele and Michelle Trachtenberg with Evan Rachel Wood and then we're set.

Let me say this about your choices. Until 2 minutes ago, I was worried that if they ever made a TV series (which it would have to be) they'd never be able to cast it right.

After seeing this (especially your pick for Chase) I have to say that I am no longer worried. At all. You rock.:word:

Xavin: Dana Davis (The Nine, Heroes Season 2) and Brandon T. Jackson (Roll Bounce, upcoming Tropic Thunder)
Dana's one of the few grown folk mentioned that could actually pass for a teen, and Brandon's about to be one of the hardest working people in H-wood.
dana-davis1.jpg
thecut3.jpg

Chase Stein:
Hardest casting ever. Chase is so deep.

Karolina Dean:
Sweet, laid back, confused and ready for makeup. There are MANY people who could do this.

Victor Mancha: Hunter Gomez (National Treasure, various Family Guy)
Okay, so he's just a pretty boy, but I just have faith in the kid. Maybe it's that he's got "the look."
1064593293_s.jpg

Nico Minoru: Brenda Song (Wendy Wu, Sutie Life of Zach and Cody)
While I may doubt her ability to be taken seriously. I have no doubt in her ability to play the part. If Shia Lebouf can make the Disney switch, I KNOW
060508_brendasong_top.jpg

brendasong3.jpg

Molly Hayes: Haley Ramm (Yours Mine & Ours, X3's Young Jean)
ramm.JPG

Leapfrog: voiced by Michael Rosenbaum. Heh.

Old Lace: Andy Serkis

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"