Sailor Moon: Which season is the best?

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Binker, Apr 10, 2006.

?

Best season

1. Classic (first season)

2. R Part 1: Doom Tree

3. R Part 2: Dark Moon Kingdom

4. S

5. Super S

6. Stars

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. oakzap425

oakzap425 Registered

Binker, have you only watched Sailor Moon? :confused:

2. rabidfanboy

rabidfanboy Registered

Sailor Stars I guess was the best season out of the anime. The manga was loads better (except for some of the crap translation changes...Damn you last line of the series!!!!!) and I always try and push people to reading that as well as watching the last season.

As far as the starlights go it's not really that complicated. In the manga the Starlights are women who crossdress (crossplay?) as men. In the anime they are women as Senshi, but while on Earth decided to take the bodies of men when they undid their transformation.

3. Silver Sable

Silver Sable Wild Pack Commander

I have a question, how could you guys see the Stars series if it wasn't released yet in the USA? Was it released in other countries besides Japan?

4. oakzap425

oakzap425 Registered

...Imports/Downloads, Sable.

5. oakzap425

oakzap425 Registered

Actually, I'f I'm not mistaken, I think only about 3 seasons of Sailor Moon were aired, and all had heavy edits...

6. Silver Sable

Silver Sable Wild Pack Commander

Ahhh

7. Corinthian™

Corinthian™ <insert witty title>

Mexico> USA, Anime wise

seriously, I was like 10 years old when I watched Stars.. it freaked me out :down

8. rabidfanboy

rabidfanboy Registered

SS was aired on Cartoon Network. The editing was horrendous throughout the series. The English adaption wasn't the only one to alter the show though. When Toei adapted it to anime they took some liberties and changed some things that even upset the mangaka.

9. oakzap425

oakzap425 Registered

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Moon_(English_version)

...Oddly enough, either I stopped watching, or something, but I really don't remember much past Sailor Moon R.

I think I remember Rini coming back. I remember Black Lady... and that wierd dude...

I remember a little bit about Uranus/Neptune showing up. But maybe it was so bad, I blocked it out.

I'm going to have to buy the rest of the imports. I have the last season, I found at Otakon for a/b 50 bucks. Mission to find the rest, though they are pretty hard to find.

Man the US edits were horrible.

10. Mandi-chan

Mandi-chan Registered

Here's what I know about Stars:

Manga version, the Starlights were women who crossdressed as men.

Anime version, they actually turned into men!

I think Naoko was very pissed with that change. If I were her, I would have been pissed at what the anime did to SM as a whole...

11. Binker

Binker Registered

What do you mean? You mean have I nly watched Sailor Moon and nothign else? If so, then no. I watch alot of other stuff.

Correction: 4 seasons as well as the 3 movies were released here.

What do you mean by that? I have read the manga and wtahced the anime. And I gotta tell you; I'm more into the anime than the manga. And I see the anime better than the manga. Maybe its the design of the Senshi which is all disorted to me. But the anime is better.

12. rabidfanboy

rabidfanboy Registered

No way! The manga is sooooooo much better then the anime.

Manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anime.

13. Binker

Binker Registered

Umm, no its not.

It has some good things but the anime is looked on so highly.

14. Mandi-chan

Mandi-chan Registered

The anime was beyond boring at times, 99% of that show was mindless filler episodes only 1% actually focused on the story.

Plus, they turned Usagi into a moron who never matured. In the manga and PGSM Usagi started off as a bit ditzy and immature, but she quickly grew out of it and accepted her role. In the anime, Usagi complained endlessly and never grew up. She continued to be a immature idiot until Stars!

I liked the anime, don't get me wrong, but it didn't do the story or characters justice.

Like the anime, PGSM was a different take on the story. The difference is Usagi grew up, it was more serious than the anime, and there weren't any filler eps. All the eps had a role, were connected to something important to the plot.

15. rabidfanboy

rabidfanboy Registered

PGSM had one of my all time favorite Sailormoon scenes in it. It was in act 36 when Usagi went all postal with her sword deflecting Queen Beryl's attacks.

I also enjoyed the anime, but nothing compares with the story elements and character development of the manga.

To each their own though. Some people just enjoyed the anime more then the manga, nothing wrong with that.

16. oakzap425

oakzap425 Registered

I also prefer the manga to the anime.