Age of Ultron Scaret Witch and Quicksilver, First of the Inhumans?

sdc10

Civilian
Reaction score
Anyone else think that SW and Quicksilver may be revealed to be Inhumans? Seems to me that using the term "Inhuman" may be a good way for Marvel to get around the whole not being able to use the word "mutant" situation they are in.

The theory's been advanced before. Now, with the confirmation that Inhumans are on the way in 2017, the possibility is a lot stronger. Still, seems like two years and several films is a long time to wait for more on the Inhuman story.....

AOU 2015:
"Wanda & Pietro are Inhumans!"
"What are Inhumans....?"

2017:
"....well, let me tell you what Inhumans are."

I'd say about 50/50 odds on it, with the other 50% being the likelihood of HYDRA experimentation. They are said to be "volunteers" for HYDRA's experiments, after all.

I hope Hydra was experimenting on them BECAUSE they're special.

But if they're Inhumans, isn't secrecy kind of their whole bag? It would be out of character for them to pretty much out themselves to HYDRA and say, "hey, look what we can do! Can we be guinea pigs in your laboratory now?"

I suppose the real question is would any of us hate the idea of them being Inhumans?

Kevin Feige has already said that they are not Inhumans.

But if they're Inhumans, isn't secrecy kind of their whole bag? It would be out of character for them to pretty much out themselves to HYDRA and say, "hey, look what we can do! Can we be guinea pigs in your laboratory now?"

I said nothing of them being inhumans.

Well I mean they could set it up where the twins are unaware of what they are, whats to say this movie doesnt set it up where the twins are special in some way which allows them to be given abilities artificially. With the Inhumans movie clarifying what they are and what makes them special.

This is true, yet yesterday at the panel he did say "Where The Inhumans fit into the universe, you will find out sooner than you expect"

Im personally hoping that there is more to the twins than just "two random people Hydra grabbed and experimented on". I mean the Strucker scene did mention how their other experiments failed and only the twins survived, so that at least establishes that something may be special about them.

Yeah I'm betting on this. The twins will "gain" their powers through the experiments of Hydra, but if you remember the tag scene Strucker said they were the only ones to survive the experiment, meaning there was something special about them to begin with.

Yeah, they are already pre-miracles before Hydra tested on them. Besides, I think the tests are just to brainwash them to be on their side (as we see in "AOS") vs. they put something in their bodies to make them who they are.

I think the real question should be: Is Vin Diesel going to be an Inhuman?

I suppose the real question is would any of us hate the idea of them being Inhumans?
Just like how people got over the fact
that Tony is building Ultron
(is this still technically a spoiler?) I think people would understand and get over the fact that they're Inhumans, if Kevin and Marvel made it work well.

But of course Kevin once said that they aren't inhumans, so I don't know.

They only reason I could see them not being inhumans, is that Marvel wants to keep open the possibility that either they could have a collaboration with Fox the way they seem to be headed with Sony.

I think it's best the X-verse stay out of the MCU, because it just makes things way too complicated. But I'm sure Disney/Marvel are taking a pragmatic business like approach that one day they would like to rule their whole empire themselves.

Either way, I would not be upset if they are inhumans, because quite honestly as a Marvel reader for 40 years I was really confused on the difference anyway. I always thought Medusa was a mutant, and then they pull crap like Namor being the "first mutant". I don't know at what point they declared Namor a mutant, but I thought it was lame personally, and I don't really think of him as a Mutant, I think of him as half-human half Atlantian. Maybe that's picking nits but that's how confusing this all is.

I guess the difference is the Inhumans were mutants created by genetic experiments by the Kree, where the X-verse are mutants created via natural evolution.

Bottom line, I don't have a problem either way.

I'd rather not see that happen. I'd prefer if they just stuck with the 'miracles' moniker for the time being and have Inhumans be a seperate entity to the MCU's mutants.

The Russos also said Captain America 3 wasn't Civil War. At Marvel they kind of have to lie from time to time to build suspense.

They only reason I could see them not being inhumans, is that Marvel wants to keep open the possibility that either they could have a collaboration with Fox the way they seem to be headed with Sony.

I think it's best the X-verse stay out of the MCU, because it just makes things way too complicated. But I'm sure Disney/Marvel are taking a pragmatic business like approach that one day they would like to rule their whole empire themselves.

Either way, I would not be upset if they are inhumans, because quite honestly as a Marvel reader for 40 years I was really confused on the difference anyway. I always thought Medusa was a mutant, and then they pull crap like Namor being the "first mutant". I don't know at what point they declared Namor a mutant, but I thought it was lame personally, and I don't really think of him as a Mutant, I think of him as half-human half Atlantian. Maybe that's picking nits but that's how confusing this all is.

I guess the difference is the Inhumans were mutants created by genetic experiments by the Kree, where the X-verse are mutants created via natural evolution.

Bottom line, I don't have a problem either way.

Just being nitpicky the X-verse mutants were created as a result of experiments by the Celestials who placed the gene in early humanity. The gene only manifested itself in "present day". So basically mutants and inhumans have basically the same origin. The only difference being Inhumans in the comics need the Terrigen Mist to get their powers.

This is true, yet yesterday at the panel he did say "Where The Inhumans fit into the universe, you will find out sooner than you expect"
Maybe he was referring to something that's going to happen in Agents of SHIELD, not Age of Ultron.

Maybe he was referring to something that's going to happen in Agents of SHIELD, not Age of Ultron.

One of my problems with Agents of SHIELD is that it doesnt seem to introduce any major concepts (aside from minor characters) before the movies do, the show is mostly reactionary to the movies. I doubt something as big as the inhumans would debut on the show rather than one of the movies where more people will be exposed to it.

Well, the first time a kree appeared was in AOS.

One of my problems with Agents of SHIELD is that it doesnt seem to introduce any major concepts (aside from minor characters) before the movies do, the show is mostly reactionary to the movies. I doubt something as big as the inhumans would debut on the show rather than one of the movies where more people will be exposed to it.

I think AoS should should take it's own course now, to be honest.

it's Director Coulson in charge after all... so that means Fury isn't really connected now and could settle into an adviser/contact role for the Avengers when need be.

As for what happens to Widow/Hawkeye regarding S.H.I.E.L.D, I'm not sure. Perhaps their known as Avengers now and not agents.

The TAHITI Alien was kree

But it wasn't introduced as such on the show. Nobody said "OMG thats a Kree in there!" Sif gave a list of multiple blue-skinned aliens that existed when asked about it.

I have no problem with them being Inhumans. I mean in the comics mutants and inhumans have the same basic origin anyways. Genetic tampering done on early homo-sapiens by alien species, the only difference is Inhumans don't develop their powers naturally.

The Inhumans I think would serve as a great replacement for mutants in the movieverse

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"