Age of Ultron Scaret Witch and Quicksilver, First of the Inhumans?

Nah, Agents of SHIELD is the lead-in for Inhumans, QS and SW are just latent supers or regular people who got imbued with power by an infinity stone or some such

I think it's a real possibility at this point. As others have said their origins are pretty much the same anyway. I've seen people who were afraid that it would mean that inhumans would just replace the mutants and that the social system associated with the inhumans would be ignored. That won't happen of course, the inhumans film will deal with that I think. That doesn't mean QS and SW can't be inhuman in origin. Characters like Kamala Khan are not part of that society, but they are inhuman in origin. So maybe the Hydra experiment will bring out their inhuman power that they didn't know about. Quicksilver regained his mutant powers by terrigenesis anyway in the comics.

No. The first Inhuman is probably Skye.

As far as the twins go, I would hope there is something already special about them

This is true, yet yesterday at the panel he did say "Where The Inhumans fit into the universe, you will find out sooner than you expect"

The two statements, of course, are not remotely contradictory.

The exact quote, when asked whether the Inhumans would be used to get around not being able to use Mutants, was: "As it relates to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? No. No, no, no." (link).

There are two things of note here. First, that's about as emphatic as you can get. It isn't playing coy (like he normally does) he said no four times in a row.

That being said, it's also important to note he didn't technically answer the broader question about whether Inhumans would take the role of mutants. He just said flat out that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver won't be Inhumans.

I think it's a real possibility at this point. As others have said their origins are pretty much the same anyway. I've seen people who were afraid that it would mean that inhumans would just replace the mutants and that the social system associated with the inhumans would be ignored. That won't happen of course, the inhumans film will deal with that I think. That doesn't mean QS and SW can't be inhuman in origin. Characters like Kamala Khan are not part of that society, but they are inhuman in origin. So maybe the Hydra experiment will bring out their inhuman power that they didn't know about. Quicksilver regained his mutant powers by terrigenesis anyway in the comics.

Quicksilver *does* kinda sorta have strong ties to the Inhumans in the comics anyway, what with marrying one of them (Crystal) and siring another (Luna). So it wouldn't be *entirely* without precedent in comic canon to say Pietro's Inhuman. Wanda, however, would be another story.

Personally, I prefer that they stick to the High Evolutionary backstory on Wanda & Pietro. They could introduce Herbert Wyndham in a later film to fill in the Twins' origin, and make HE a prime villain.

Quicksilver *does* kinda sorta have strong ties to the Inhumans in the comics anyway, what with marrying one of them (Crystal) and siring another (Luna). So it wouldn't be *entirely* without precedent in comic canon to say Pietro's Inhuman. Wanda, however, would be another story.

Personally, I prefer that they stick to the High Evolutionary backstory on Wanda & Pietro. They could introduce Herbert Wyndham in a later film to fill in the Twins' origin, and make HE a prime villain.
Yep
inhumanwedding.jpg

pietro-in-terrigen.jpg

No. The first Inhuman is probably Skye.

As far as the twins go, I would hope there is something already special about them
I'd have to agree. The Twins were given powers via the Spear, Skye was born into what ever she and her parents are.

I just hope they don't merge Von Strucker and High Evolutionary. I can see Strucker being a peon for HE tho

SW and QS whatever they are said to be wouldnt matter at all. I'm sure the movie will still be awesome... as for skye being the first inhuman is almost certain now based on all we've seen through AOS. Regarding Acting on the show.. It's a TV show you dont see tom cruise in a tv show right?

SW and QS whatever they are said to be wouldnt matter at all. I'm sure the movie will still be awesome... as for skye being the first inhuman is almost certain now based on all we've seen through AOS. Regarding Acting on the show.. It's a TV show you dont see tom cruise in a tv show right?

No, but you do see Samuel L. Jackson.

This is true, yet yesterday at the panel he did say "Where The Inhumans fit into the universe, you will find out sooner than you expect"

The latest episode of Agents of SHIELD pretty much confirmed the existence of Attilan so that's probably what he meant.

Still it could be they're Inhumans with dormant powers that were unlocked by Loki's Mind Stone.

While it seems the spear had a role in unlockinng powers , if you look at the twins hands in the CATWS post credit , you can see they had some kind of injection

Im thinking another experiment with some super serum derivative or Extremis (as it alters DNA via the brain), or maybe even the Kree blood from Tahiti project, then bombard them with the spear as it may have a Gamma signature, like the Tesseract.

Or, if the spear is indeed the mind gem, it may have convinced them t that their bodies could do extraordinary things, thus changing their DNA.
You know the old theory : " if we used 10% of our brain capacity, we could move mountains"

I'd like to think that they're experiments from Von Strucker using Loki's staff on humans and these were the only 2 that were able to survive cruel experimentation

And they only survive Strucker's cruel experimentation because of their latent Inhuman DNA. :D

What if they introduce the actually mutant origin concept in Age of Ultron. Where Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are descendants of Humans that were experimented on by Celestrials and Von Stucker's just trying to use the mind gem to activate there latent powers. In the MCU the Celestrials created the gems too.

Last edited:
Poysenally, I figure most "mutants" are human/deviant crossbreeds.

Why? Some mutants breed true. Banshee's jud Syren has his powers. The Deviant race does not breed true. Magneto/Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver.

They should call them "marvels" rather than "miracles". Seems like a no-brainer to me. (too on-the-nose, i suppose)

They should call them "marvels" rather than "miracles". Seems like a no-brainer to me. (too on-the-nose, i suppose)

Well technicaly there not called miracles. That's just something fans clung to when Von Strucker say "The age of miracles are upon us". Its like saying because Professor X school is called the "School for the gifted" that Mutants are called Gifts.

SW and QS will be 'Gifted', not Inhumans

If Pietro can be connected to the Inhumans and Wanda is his twin sister, I don't think it would be an incredible leap.

I would accept the twins as Inhumans. It seems just as easy to say spontaneously/randomly have powers though. That is basically what the X-gene is anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"