Scars And Disfigurements

I do have quite a few, but this is the one I'm most self-conscious about:

A straight, diagonal scar across the bottom of my chin. It happened because a friend of mine and I were at a pool party, and we decided to do that dumb thing when two people jump in the air, slamming their stomachs together (I have no clue what it was called, but it was a big inside-joke from the musical we all performed in together) from other sides of the corner of a pool.

Well, when we collide in air (over the water), instead of bouncing back a little and landing safely in the water like we had planned, we basically stuck together (almost like we hugged- how adorable), we fall into the water, and he lands with his balls directly on my knee, and his shoulder (he was kinda boney, I should add) hits me square on the end of the chin. It hurt like a *****, but I didn't realize I was bleeding until one of the girls whose parents owned the pool got grossed out, and said there was blood all over my chin. We clean it and bandage it, and the wound literally looked like a small eye socket. I got home and showed my parents, and found out I should have gotten it stitched, as it was a really wide, pretty deep wound. I never did, and now I have a wonderful scar that anyone at least somewhat shorter than me will usually notice.

I also have what seem to be permanent markings in my hands (that are visible) from stunt work, where what I thought was dirt and wood getting jammed into my hand. I likely have even more up and down the sides of my legs and forearms (I always wore shorts and tee-shirts during rehearsals).

Last edited:
I have moles on my body thanks to genetics, especially me back. In 1988, I went to a dermatologist who removed about a dozen of them, each requiring a few stitches and the largest on the side of my knee required a skin graft from my hip. So I couldn't bend my knee for about 6 weeks as if I was on crutches.

While recovering with the stitches in me I went to a company picnic (where I worked that summer) just to get out of the house.

I got back in the car and had a hard time with my long legs to get back in the driver's seat w/o bending my left knee. I had stitches also in my lower back. From leaning back into the driver's seat to get into the car, those stitches in my lower back ripped.

Being in the car, I drove straight to the doctor's office. No cell phone on hand in those days. Bleeding from the lower back, I got to his home office to get sewn up again.

There was only one problem.

"I don't have any local anesthetic," said the doctor.

The stitches he gave me originally were the kind that wouldn't make a permanent mark in my back. The ones he did in his office while I screamed made their mark on my back.

It'll be a few years before I explain all of this to my kids even though my oldest (6 yo) has asked me about it.

I've got a tiny scar right above my lip (it's hard to see) and another small one near my right peck.

Very true! I dunno why I'm self-conscious about it, none of my other scars bother me. Probably just because it's on my face, thus a tad more noticeable than others.

i used to be self conscious about the one on my lip, but now its so faint that you can't see it unless you're like less than a foot from my face.

Wanna make that happen?:o

:heart:

im not conscious of it anymore. i figured that if i let you get close enough to my face that you can see it that i was comfortable enough with that person anyways

im not conscious of it anymore. i figured that if i let you get close enough to my face that you can see it that i was comfortable enough with that person anyways

Hotness!

Yeah, I dunno why I'm bothered by my scar. I'm not with any other scar, and I never really get embarrassed with anything else...

If I get the a scar pointing the opposite way in the same place, I'll have an X.

:hehe:

Got a scar from a dog at a horse show in the summer before going into 7th grade. The dalmaon was in the sun for God knows how long. At the time I should have had a bumper sticker that said I brake for dogs because I petted almost every dog I encountered. I should have skipped this one.

After patting its head it lunged at me. It somehow scratched me over my left eyebrow whether it was one of its fangs or the claws of its paws I have no idea because I had my eyes closed.

Had the whole works done to me at the designated ambulance - including oxygen - and was rushed to the local hospital so they could give me a butterfly band-aid.

Left Arm - When I was 6 I fell out of my dad's car while coming home from school. It was an old Chevy Manza and the door was busted and I didn't wear seat-belts then. He took a left turn, the door flew open and I fell out. I had a nasty road-rash where the tire ran it over. The scar covers my upper elbow and part of my bicep.

Next to left eye - My dog clawed my face accidentally. Its a faint line that runs with my eye-socket.

Left Thing - Huge Mole Removed

Lower Back - Even bigger Mole Removed

Back of Head - Mole Removed that required stitches

Right Inside Ankle - Slipped on the roof about 2 years ago while trying to clean the gutters. My ankle scraped against the gutter (which was nasty).

Left Palm - I don't know if its a scar, permanent discoloration or what. When I was 13 and in math class my friend took my mechanical pencil and was taunting me with it. I went to reach for it right as he brought it down. Lead was sticking out at the time and hit me right below the index finger on the palm. I have what still looks like a piece of lead there. That was 12 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"