Dark of the Moon Scenes in the movie that made go "Uhhh really?"

Outside of the opening prologue, pretty much the whole movie. I said it before, this is by far the worst movie of the summer. If you want to debate over which is worse Green Lantern or Transformers, go ahead, they both sucked. This movie was supposed to be an apology for the second, instead it was more of the same crap.

Deep Wang. Optimus and the cables. Megatron wearing a cloth to...to shield him from the sun? I don't know. The fact that Sam keeps getting these hot girlfriends. Eps saying he's given up the guns and fighting....just to go right back into it and pretty much do nothing. Yeah that.

And I'm still tryna wrap my head around Soundwave's tentacle Kraken like thing.

Well, now that I think of it, Megatron's face was half-gone, exposing some innards. Bug robots were creeping in and out, so maybe that's why he was wearing the cloth.

Any scene with Sam and Carly
Ken Jeong
John Malkovich
Simmons Scenes

The notion that Sam apparently earned a college degree in the year following ROTF. :doh:
DOTM happens almost four years after ROTF.

I actually said "Seriously?" at Starscream's death. Now, Starscream isn't my favorite Decepticon from the cartoon, but he was probably my favorite in the first film. He just did some cool **** in his brief amount of screentime. He even gave Ratchet and Ironhide a hard time. But he became more of a ***** in the second film. He got pushed around by Megatron constantly. They never touched upon his intent to betray Megatron. I was hoping they'd let him kick some ass in the third film, but no. He took out an empty space shuttle and a couple of ospreys. I didn't have a problem with Sam killing him, but it was just so drawn out and pathetic. Just the "Ow! Ow! Ow! I can't see! I can't see!" had me cringing. By the time he started dragging his face on the ground and said "I'm gonna kick you!", I just thought, "Put him out of his misery already."

I would have preferred if Starscream was the one who found Sam and Epps when they first get into Chicago and attacks them, only to be slaughtered by the Autobots. Pretty much replacing the random Decepticon in the dropship with Starscream.

Well, the whole movie sort of counts. But specifically... where were all these characters and plot elements in the first and second movie? The Fallen could have used that army on the moon.

Also, forcing the Autobots to leave Earth... again. Do the characters in this movie suffer from amnesia? What nearly happened last time they did that?

Seriously why did Bay even bother to use the old school sound effect of a transformer transforming only one time in this film? I've noticed this throughout the trilogy.

Seriously why did Bay even bother to use the old school sound effect of a transformer transforming only one time in this film? I've noticed this throughout the trilogy.

It was probably Spielberg that told him to do it. Spielberg is really, really good at getting that nostalgia factor in his movies. The first one was a decent movie with Spielberg's handprint all over it. The other two, Spielberg pretty much left the set to help Abbrams out. By the looks of it, everybody is ditching Bay. Megan Fox, Shia, Orci and Alex.

No mention of Ironhide's death whatsoever.

No mention of Ironhide's death whatsoever.

Apparently this is because it was war-time and they had no time to mourn or even talk about it. But there was plenty of time(appx half the movie) for stupid jokes.

Anyone else notice that there were moments of a serious lack of urgency after Decepticons were discovered? I mean it literally went from Sam and his girl getting acquainted with all this top secret info, then in the next scene she's getting dolled up for her dinner party and getting mad at Sam for wanting to help the Autobots.

Apparently this is because it was war-time and they had no time to mourn or even talk about it. But there was plenty of time(appx half the movie) for stupid jokes.

So the autobots were too busy making jokes to mourn iron hide?
I must have missed that part. I'm also sure everyone that was in fact "making stupid jokes" was doing so in spite of hearing about iron hides death...

Sorry if you wanted to see more tears for the death of a the secondary character, I'm sure when Optimus died in the last go around, and you indeed got what you asked for, you stood up and applauded at the tears shed by lead character himself....of course it was probably handled poorly in that film too so whose to say.

Here's a funny statistic, how many stupid jokes happened in the appx half of the lion king. after an actual important character died.

When the building was falling sidewards, and there were people casually working before Sam and Co crashed in, WTF?!
Sliding down the room, which seemed to stretch about a mile long.
Autobots destroying buildings with no care whether there are people inside.
Sam flying across the room and having his arm practically glued to his body, no one cared to look at his arm?
Sam being dirty, covered in cuts and bruises, and Carlie looks exactly the same way she looked in the rest of the film.
Megatron wearing a scarf?
So many more things I can't remember, doesn't stop it being the second best film I've seen this year

So the autobots were too busy making jokes to mourn iron hide?
I must have missed that part. I'm also sure everyone that was in fact "making stupid jokes" was doing so in spite of hearing about iron hides death...

Sorry if you wanted to see more tears for the death of a the secondary character, I'm sure when Optimus died in the last go around, and you indeed got what you asked for, you stood up and applauded at the tears shed by lead character himself....of course it was probably handled poorly in that film too so whose to say.

Here's a funny statistic, how many stupid jokes happened in the appx half of the lion king. after an actual important character died.

Wow, for a dude that makes little cartoon/film thingies, you sure like to support bad movies.

Just about the entirety of the movie, to answer the topic question.

Goodness, what a bad movie.

Wow, for a dude that makes little cartoon/film thingies, you sure like to support bad movies.

Perhaps it takes a foot in the industry to appreciate another group of peoples work (the animation aspects in TF are top of the line after all).

Maybe that's why Nolan has been mentioned as being a fan of this type of work, perhaps that's why Cameron has been on record saying nothing but good things about the style. Perhaps, my sig needs to be read by more people. Why is it such a big deal to everyone what kinda films you enjoy, or tell everyone you enjoy...it's very lame in my honest opinion.

Guess what, I enjoy Mac & Cheese! I know!
It's not quite french gourmet but I really like it, and not just because I'm cheap. The weird thing is I've taken some cooking classes and stuff and yet I still "support bad food." Isn't that insane.

People need to stop acting like what they enjoy (and enjoy talking about) makes them a greater or lesser person, especially on forums. By the way, comedies are almost by definition flawed films if you look at them in certain ways...better be careful not to let anyone around these parts know you enjoy those.

cartoon film thingies eh...thanks I guess.
Art is subjective, it's hard to define a "bad" film.

Perhaps it takes a foot in the industry to appreciate another group of peoples work (the animation aspects in TF are top of the line after all).

Maybe that's why Nolan has been mentioned as being a fan of this type of work, perhaps that's why Cameron has been on record saying nothing but good things about the style. Perhaps, my sig needs to be read by more people. Why is it such a big deal to everyone what kinda films you enjoy, or tell everyone you enjoy...it's very lame in my honest opinion.

Guess what, I enjoy Mac & Cheese! I know!
It's not quite french gourmet but I really like it, and not just because I'm cheap. The weird thing is I've taken some cooking classes and stuff and yet I still "support bad food." Isn't that insane.

People need to stop acting like what they enjoy (and enjoy talking about) makes them a greater or lesser person, especially on forums. By the way, comedies are almost by definition flawed films if you look at them in certain ways...better be careful not to let anyone around these parts know you enjoy those.

cartoon film thingies eh...thanks I guess.
Art is subjective, it's hard to define a "bad" film.

I wonder if you would support a Bay helmed Superman film, chock full of stupid, needless characters like Transformers. Lois Lane would be some super hot model with zero acting skills, and every scene with her would be filmed like a lingerie commercial. She would exist only to say supportive things to Superman, and never do anything useful herself, except pop up at the end and give Lex a peptalk, tricking him into saving Superman by attacking Darkseid.

Superman would be barely existent in the film, and Clark would be the main character, stumbling around like a buffoon (moreso than Reeve's version and without the charm), and getting into whacky misadventures with random, unneeded characters that contributes zero to the main plot.

Superman would only appear after Lois or Jimmy spend about 20-30 minutes running from enemies, escaping from falling buildings, or some other hazard scene that runs overly long. Superman would swoop in, save their asses, then fly off after saying some noble, or badass line.

BTW, the climax of the movie would be 45 minutes of nonstop, state of the art action, but with Perry, Lois, Jimmy and a random assortment of comic relief characters just running from the main villain. Superman appears towards the end to face off with the final villain, but instead of a climatic final battle, Superman instantly defeats the villain and the world is saved.

Rinse and repeat for sequel.

That's basically what Transformers 2&3 were, but replace Superman with Optimus.

BTW, did any of those directors give a meaningful critique of Bay's work, or basically just say, "He films action well", or "Is a good visual director". Basically just blanket statements of feigning politeness and nothing that describes his work as a whole.

Last edited:
BTW, did any of those directors give a meaningful critique of Bay's work, or basically just say, "He films action well", or "Is a good visual director". Basically just blanket statements of feigning politeness and nothing that describes his work as a whole.

This.

I wonder if you would support a Bay helmed Superman film, chock full of stupid, needless characters like Transformers. Lois Lane would be some super hot model with zero acting skills, and every scene with her would be filmed like a lingerie commercial. She would exist only to say supportive things to Superman, and never do anything useful herself, except pop up at the end and give Lex a peptalk, tricking him into saving Superman by attacking Darkseid.

Superman would be barely existent in the film, and Clark would be the main character, stumbling around like a buffoon (moreso than Reeve's version and without the charm), and getting into whacky misadventures with random, unneeded characters that contributes zero to the main plot.

Superman would only appear after Lois or Jimmy spend about 20-30 minutes running from enemies, escaping from falling buildings, or some other hazard scene that runs overly long. Superman would swoop in, save their asses, then fly off after saying some noble, or badass line.

BTW, the climax of the movie would be 45 minutes of nonstop, state of the art action, but with Perry, Lois, Jimmy and a random assortment of comic relief characters just running from the main villain. Superman appears towards the end to face off with the final villain, but instead of a climatic final battle, Superman instantly defeats the villain and the world is saved.

Rinse and repeat for sequel.

That's basically what Transformers 2&3 were, but replace Superman with Optimus.

clever,

What would be even more clever would be comparing the beat/tone/comical work of Donners superman before he makes a superman movie(written by Mario friggon Puzo) to the beat/tone/comical work of his Lethal Weapon movies. (rinse and repeat 3 times for good measure)

Hey why not give Superman an old black, seemingly retired actor as a side kick, call him John Henry (irons) and have him run around like a chicken in spotted boxers for the opening of the movie, then have an acclaimed Asian action star/actor show up and not say a single word but do a lot of fancy kicks and twirls while he and his buds play on numerous negative Asian gang related/refugee stereo types......Hell why not cast Mel Gibson in the lead, I mean this is Richard Donner is it not.

It's called will full intent, for a welcoming and established audience. Superman played as fun action comedy probably wouldn't work as well as TF does. You'd have to ask the producers...they actually set and write off on the tone among other things. But hey, bay is bay so don't let me stop you from ignorant presumptions.

If Todd Phillips directs batman after Nolan, he might cast one of the hangover guys and set it in another Asian country and make another wildly offensive(but not as offensive as bay), and make an action comedy out of the dark knight.:whatever:

To be honest, even if bay didn't bring his Rock game to a superman production, I and a lot of people be way more interested in seeing it than another "well written," "well toned," Bryan Singer character piece.

I can't say, from what I've read they said they like what he does. Take that for what it's worth. Cameron said something about reverse engineering his style and what not. Hey, Bay has said he likes Kubrick, but that was probably just a blanket statement of politeness and nothing describing his work as a whole too. It's hard finding lush quotes in this day and age.

Too bad all of Bay's films follow the same tone and stupidity. Transformers 2&3 are basically full on Bay depravity with Transformers added on the side.

I also think it's funny how you never mention Bay's pacing issues, character issues, writing issues, etc. It must only be about the SFX and action for you.

Last edited:
Haha. :woot: Yeah, this.

Art is not subjective, by the way. How much one likes a piece of art is subjective, by its very nature of being an opinion. Art is quite objective, in all its forms in every medium. Good writing vs. bad writing. Good filming vs. bad filming. Good art vs. bad art. But oh, you'll never understand.

I don't know if anyone has trashed Bay's action sequences. I haven't read far enough back in the thread. But I'm not. I'm saying the movie is bad. Why? Because it is.

Bay films good action sequences. They're clean, crisp, lacking any of that very bad-bad-bad "shaky camera syndrome" that was going on for a few years. They're vibrant, energetic. Colorful. Other good stuff. At least most of the time.

But there's the rub, right? This isn't an action sequence. It's a movie. Just because the action sequences are good does not make the movie good. The rest of the movie is quite poor, from writing to direction. Scenery's pretty. I still like most of the cast, other than that weirdly-shaped face of who replaced Megan Fox. It still hits a few moments right, but those are mostly relegated to the few moments we get of Sam with Bumblebee. Those few moments are all that's true to the original movie. The rest of it rings hollow, even more so than Revenge of the Fallen did.

Best part of the movie? Either Sam-'Bee moments, or Sentinel Nimoy spouting a Spock line. :awesome:

Haha. :woot: Yeah, this.

Art is not subjective, by the way. How much one likes a piece of art is subjective, by its very nature of being an opinion. Art is quite objective, in all its forms in every medium. Good writing vs. bad writing. Good filming vs. bad filming. Good art vs. bad art. But oh, you'll never understand.

I don't know if anyone has trashed Bay's action sequences. I haven't read far enough back in the thread. But I'm not. I'm saying the movie is bad. Why? Because it is.

Bay films good action sequences. They're clean, crisp, lacking any of that very bad-bad-bad "shaky camera syndrome" that was going on for a few years. They're vibrant, energetic. Colorful. Other good stuff. At least most of the time.

But there's the rub, right? This isn't an action sequence. It's a movie. Just because the action sequences are good does not make the movie good. The rest of the movie is quite poor, from writing to direction. Scenery's pretty. I still like most of the cast, other than that weirdly-shaped face of who replaced Megan Fox. It still hits a few moments right, but those are mostly relegated to the few moments we get of Sam with Bumblebee. Those few moments are all that's true to the original movie. The rest of it rings hollow, even more so than Revenge of the Fallen did.

Best part of the movie? Either Sam-'Bee moments, or Sentinel Nimoy spouting a Spock line. :awesome:

I would even go as far to say that a majority of the action scenes in Transformers do suck. Yes, they're engineered well, but there's no emotion, no sense of danger. Just underdeveloped, trite characters running around avoiding stuff while the cool characters (Autobots) are offscreen.

Too bad all of Bay's films follow the same tone and stupidity. Transformers 2&3 are basically full on Bay depravity with Transformers added on the side.

sure

I also think it's funny how you never mention Bay's pacing issues, character issues, writing issues, etc. It must only be about the SFX and action for you.

Actually I mentioned just about all of those aspects in my short review...not so much his writing issues, considering the presence of a unionized writer on all films(even bays). But even if it was all about SFX for me, I'd be proud to say so, like I said before, I don't like films for socially acceptable reasons, I just like them. Bays films are entertaining for tons or reasons, and that's not just my opinion.(link to current box office charts and RT audience score)

If I go to a stand up comedy show, I don't care if it's not as insightful as lecture on world literature. It matters that I'm entertained. What I find silly is people telling other people not to like that same 2 hr stand up because it isn't in the same vain as my history prof's "stand up." Some films seek to entertain by way of "Story telling" others seek to do different things.

Film and Story.
Some stand up is actually about story telling, some about props, others about other things. Just like some modern art is about principles established during the renaissance while other modern art is literally finger painting. Be your person, it's less stressful :cwink:

1. dont u guys dare make fun of LATINO HEAT MEGATRON (and his poncho of doooooooooooom).

2. DEEP WANG was epic .

3. NO Anthony Anderson WTH, they give a brotha a government job in BAY 1 only to make him not appear in the sequels ? wtf.

4. the fact that OCRI did a crappy job renaming the PREDACONS (rumblers or whatever >__>) in the highway scene (RAZORCLAW/RAMPAGE/HEADSTRONG) then the robot chicken who we all know is DIVEBOMB because Lazerbeak was a sniper/espionage expert at best. not a solo act.

i am glad to have 4 of the predacons in this , who were atleast true to the PACK mentality which is more than i can say for TITANIUM NUTS and his pyramid assault in BAY2.

5. how can any one say a bad word about John .. he is a batspit crazy actor , id buy it if he played a older HEATH-joker in a final batman movie.

really he OWNED sam with that look he shot him "NYUKAH PLEASE " expression during the interview :woot:

Transformers-DarkoftheMoon-FilmStill-JohnMalkovich-ShiaLaBeouf.jpg

6. bay did film the scenes with BUCKTOOF AND GOMER (the twins) but he cut them from the final version. just look at Where Michael Bay Will Bet You $25,000 That the Twins Aren’t in TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON

7. NO ONE brought this up yet so ill do it : IN 4 YEARS there have been a fingerfull of autobots arriving on earth YET when the CONs conquer the world they have small jets and zepplins .

cut to the end of the movie you really expect us to believe 9 autos FEND OFF an entire INVASION ?
also the Cons had a strong military force and when the control was destroyed everything disintergrated ? even those on Earth WHAT THE FRAK ??
this is TWILIGHT (CRAPPY BEYOND WORDS) writing at best :doh:

8. in the poster i laugh my @ss off because sam has a panic look on his face like Prime is gonna do Tenatcle stuff to him

transformers-dark-of-the-moon-movie-poster-04.jpg

ok im Done :woot::woot:

Jag please post more. Seriously. I'm laughing hysterically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"