Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 5: TRUTH (SPOILERS)

They mainly hyped the guest star, which was a huge surprise and they knocked it out of the ballpark in regards to that in my opinion.
No they said this was the best episode and it would make us cry.

hahqbquvqkt61.png

Another good episode and always feels right that a Cap related show/movie touches on subjects others would fear to tread, its what added something to CA:TWS and its working well here too, makes the show infinity more interesting for it, its going to rub some the wrong way and thats a good thing.

I like Walker and his arch, the flagsmashers is less interesting so more time spent on Walker the better but no doubt the flagsmashers will be resolved in the finale, every scene with Sam and Bucky together is excellent, even the slower moments have been earned this series.

Looking forward to the finale (and especially the new suit).

So John has completely lost it. Dude is totally mental. That fight scene was so brutal and well directed. But I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have because the writers nerfed Bucky. I know they didn't want to make it seem like Falcon was irrelevant to the fight, but they made Bucky completely incompetent, what a letdown. I though this was the show to bring back beast winter soldier, but except for a few scenes he's been practically useless, at this point Sharon is a better fighter than him.

I think "beast Winter Soldier" is dead. IMO, the only way he could be THAT effective is if he lack conscience. WS was trying to murder anyone in his way. Bucky is trying to live by Steve's standards (and his therapist-mandated rules) which means no unnecessary killing. All that means, Bucky is constantly holding back.

Falcon, on the other hand, needs the damn SS serum. The whole series seems to drive home the point that "normal" humans can't stand toe-to-toe with these enhanced beings.

Loved the Bucky and Zemo scene, happy they didn't kill him off. This show has done wonders for Zemo, I've always loved the character but this show really elevated him. I hope we see him again in another movie or show.

My guess is we'll see him in a "Thunderbolts" project.

Wow at what happened to Isaiah. Just like Steve he saved many soldiers, Steve was celebrated and he was thrown in jail. That man's anger is so justified. Even though I think his anger at Steve is misplaced, I get why he would resent Steve. I was surprised to learn no knew he's still alive except for Bucky.

Seems to me that Isaiah didn't have a problem with Steve so much as what being "Captain America" means (in his mind). Lends to why he doesn't believe a black man can be Cap.

The conversation between Sam and Bucky was the best part of the episode. Bucky needs to stop making his life all about Steve and really start living it. Sam is a better therapist than the one Bucky got. Giving people closure is easier said than done, the inevitable conversation between Bucky and Yuri is not going to be pretty.

I loved the constant callbacks to Sam's previous profession.

John is making his known shield now, hello US Agent.

That new shield, theoretically, should crumple when any enhanced person hits it lol

I was happy with that Power Broker reveal. Looking forward to seeing more of her.

While I appreciated the relationship building during the boat scenes and training montages, it makes it seem like they have all the time in the world. What’s Karli waiting for exactly?

Another fantastic episode IMO eventhough I loved the last one more. I really do appreciate the character building episodes though and while I can understand not everyone being a fan of the boat stuff little moments like that between Sam and Bucky really do alot for me in the character bonding/development department.

Also, god damn are the action sequences in this show well directed. The opening three way fight was great even if I wished it was a little longer, but Walker actually did better than I expected him to considering he was pretty much outmatched in every way and they definitely didn't shy away from the brutality.

The Julia Louis-Dreyfus cameo was a nice suprise too and I can't wait to see what they do with her in more MCU movies/shows and I can't decide who I want Bucky to end more with between both Ayo and Sarah, although those family dinners with Sam and those kids is going to be hella awakward lol.

Oh and once again Isiah Bradley had a scene that almost brought me to tears. Seriously, Carl Lumbly is absoulutely killing it in the brief scenes that he has had in this show.

I especially loved the moment where Bucky apologized to Sam about how neither he or Steve knew or could understand how it would feel to be a Black person taking up the Captain America mantle. God, what a great episode.

Sam's still going to be using his wings as well right?

Him giving Torres his old wings is setting him up to be the new Falcon no?

Seems that way. They seem to be building up Torres as a major character down the line. I wonder if he’ll team up with Elijah, who may or may not have inherited some of his grandfather’s abilities.

Sam's still going to be using his wings as well right?

Wouldn't make sense for him not to. And even though the mcu doesn't follow the comics strictly, he still had them there when he became Cap.

Him giving Torres his old wings is setting him up to be the new Falcon no?
I don’t like the idea that the old wings can just be reused so someone else can be Falcon now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"