Season 6, Episode 8 "No One" Discussion Thread

well you dont know that either. Im going just based on what was shown on the show. You are assuming something that may or may not have been the case

And you're assuming that Arya got special training which no other Faceless Men receive. Some assumptions are logical and reasonable, others are not.

I've got a wild theory that Lady Crane (and the other intended target Jaqen gave Arya) was a faceless man. Both Arya and the Waif were being tested. The magic water in the house of B&W has many properties we've seen. It can kill and restore sight. It can probably do whatever the Faceless God wants. My theory is that Lady Crane gave Arya some of it and it healed her. Not totally because then she would be aware of it and it might affect her decisions going forward and she was still being tested.
Lady Crane said some things that tipped me off to it. One was when she first talked to Arya. She asked her if she enjoyed pretending to be other people. How would she know this about her? She just met her. She asked her name and Arya told her Mercy. Great answer. Then this last episode when asked what happened to the other actress,the one who tried to kill her she replied that she had done something to her face.
I think we will have at least one more scene dealing with the House of B&W and Jaqen that hopefully answers some questions.

because it was silly. she could barely walk last episode... gets a glass of milk of the poppy... takes a nap... and is ready to go.

i think it was crazy too, but how long was she out for?
i didn't even notice if Lady Crane was wearing the same outfit or not.
also, i can't remember, but is it ever said why she had to die?

it didn't matter because she was no one. a vessel for the many faced god to use.

And Waif's face. Whether amusement or determination, there was something funny about the look she was giving throughout the chase.
she was like a freaking t1000

I just assumed it was a day at the most. as for why Lady Crane had to die... I think it's just because the Waif is obsessed with killing.. which is why Jaqen doesn't really care she's dead....

A common theory was that the Waif was the real test... in a way Jaqen confirms that by telling Arya she has truly become no one.

That's how I took it at least and I am sticking to it :o

Oh, and Crane's death was just so WTF? for me too.

i was really confused with how she died at first lol

Well... It looked like the waif swept her stool out from under her feet and giggled! :funny:

No idea what went on there.... a loud bang ended with a mutilated body on a broken stool

The Waif and Joffrey would have been a match made in heaven.

I was totally expecting to see that her neck was slit but she was folded up or whatever. And Waif is all "It could've been painless if it weren't for you."

The Waif was a taint. Waif could have killed Crane quickly and mercifully. The Faceless God requires death. How the death happens shouldnt matter. If it does matter then it was to be done by poisoning. Not britality. The original order was for her to be poisoned. Not wrecked. So Waif being cruel wasnt required regardless of what Arya did. And Jaqen told her to be meeciful to Arya, and ahe defied that order as well. The Waif just seems to have reveled in sadism the way Joffrey did.

In short, the Waif was a true ***** of the worst sadistic kind. Hope Arya dumped her body in a sewer.

The waif didn't seem like a much of a "no one" she seemed to have her own pleasures in killing.

The Waif was a taint. Waif could have killed Crane quickly and mercifully. The Faceless God requires death. How the death happens shouldnt matter. If it does matter then it was to be done by poisoning. Not britality. The original order was for her to be poisoned. Not wrecked. So Waif being cruel wasnt required regardless of what Arya did. And Jaqen told her to be meeciful to Arya, and ahe defied that order as well. The Waif just seems to have reveled in sadism the way Joffrey did.

In short, the Waif was a true ***** of the worst sadistic kind. Hope Arya dumped her body in a sewer.

With with Waif, I feel like it was a matter of pride. She never thought Arya had it in her to become No One. And I couldn't tell exactly what she did to Lady Crane...I was just like, **** that looks like it hurt.

i couldn't tell if she impaled her on the chair or what

anyone know what was in the bottle Lady Crane grabbed? she had it high up out of reach for a reason i'd think

I don't know why, but I immediately thought of that potion Cersei was about to give Tommen during the battle of Blackwater... i cant remember the name.

Lady Crane was stabbed and fell off the stool and then onto it flipping it over. Or the waif kicked the stool out and stabbed her as she fell. Her body is draped over the bottom of the stool and the angle was odd. Two of the stool's legs are under her arms or shoulders.

She was just reaching for another bottle of medicine after feeling Arya's forehead.

Last edited:
yeah but that bottle was very high up and not the easiest to pull down or get to

So that she would fall with a crash loud enough to wake Arya in the next room. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason it was written onto the top shelf.

maybe it was some hard liquor and she was just trying to party. some of that Asgard **** Thor drinks.

I'm surprised Beric wants to go North instead of trying to prepare a southern defense to deal with the white walkers. But then, maybe the Lord of Light told him that would be left to Dany and her forces.

I think that Thoros must have had a vision in the flames similar to Mel's. He wasn't specific on the nature of the threat, just as Mel had no clear idea either when she directed Stannis North.

That's not over. The tinfoil crowd now claims that Arya is dead and that's actually the Waif who we saw at the end. The FM got all this information about Arya's life during the training so that the Waif could assume her identity, get close to someone in Westeros (like Jon, who "cheated the Faceless God") and assassinate them. And this is why Jaqen's and "Arya's" convo at the end now makes "sense"! :whatever:

:funny:

I agree about Edmure. That scene was decently-written and acted. Unfortunately it lets the wind out of the sails for the Riverrun storyline in a very anticlimactic fashion. They could have combined ideas so that Edmure gets his son and the Tully troops are allowed to leave with Brienne to head north. The Blackfish is stubborn and refuses to leave -fine, but he should have killed one or two of those Frey leaders as revenge for the Red Wedding and gone down fighting where we can see it!

For real? And this is probably all based on that interview the waif actress gave that people assumed meant she had a scene with Jon. :o

I could buy Edmure and the Tully army staying put, as I think Edmure is suffering from what I call "Gloveritis": he's lost enough and not really arsed fighting someone else's war.

This episode was very underwhelming and dumb, one of the worst of the series. The Blackfish was wasted and the whole Arya stuff was full of some of the dumbest clichés in Hollywood, almost as bad as Arrow's Oliver Queen surviving after falling off a cliff. :whatever:

It was bad writing and completely unnecessary, even on this show, when people get stabbed like that, they usually die, but because Arya can't die yet, they wrote this nonsense instead of just letting her escape with some cuts and bruises. Then she gets cured by the greatest nurse in the world/actress Lady Crane, then recovers just in time to fight the waif, and despite being injured and bleeding (again!!), she beats her offscreen, how wonderful!! Ladies and gentlemen, the new Wonder Girl, Arya Stark!!! :o

They turned "expert killer" waif into a joke, the idiot apparently can't stab properly and kill a wounded girl with less experience, whatever DB and DBW... They have also ruined Jaime this season by making him Cersei's b i t c h, he's much better written in the books. Also Jon's resurrection was lame, there are no consequences, no price to pay, it's just too easy and lazy. It's really a shame, but the best is yet to come, hopefully, it will be worth it.

That was exactly what it reminded me of too, ffs. :whatever:

You know a show's writing has gotten worse when it's reminiscent of some of the crap that happens on the CW.

The waif didn't seem like a much of a "no one" she seemed to have her own pleasures in killing.

which is why she lost at the game of faces. Arya bested her not only in combat but with the mental part of the game too. Arya is special and not a normal candidate. She was sought out by the Many Faced God. She has a special purpose.

One thing I noticed was the faces that Arya put on the wall. Both had their eyes bleeding. Just like the bleeding eyes of the Weirwood trees. Which just so happens to be linked to the Starks and the children of the forest. It's also the face of the many faced God that is shown after Arya bests the Waif in the Game and gets her sight restored.

[YT]UYWdklp3lVE&[/YT]

Okay I'm gonna get really meta here but the Game of Thrones , I believe, is a game played out between the two main Gods of the world. The world is simply the game board and the people/creatures in it are merely game pieces.

[YT]oGAic94QDik[/YT]

tumblr_ljbk75m4Mm1qitt1qo1_500.jpg
QY9muTL.jpg

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/115400-aryas-weirwood-tree/

arya_by_kaylawoodside-d548k7f.jpg

The whole series is about the duality of the human heart or soul. Everyone has the capacity to be either an Angel or Monster. GRRM said as much in one of his interviews. The two main Gods represent that. The door on the House of Black and White represents that. Even the trees with their white wood representing bone and death and the blood like sap and leaves representing life.

Last edited:
Have to say that I enjoyed the dialogue reversal between Thoros and The Hound.

Season 3: Thoros, the **** you doing here?

Season 6: Clegane, the **** you doing here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"