Season 7, Episode 3 "The Queen's Justice" Discussion Thread

Is it safe to say Dany was pretty tsundere towards Jon? :)

So so far Dany's losing this war. Wonder what's going to happen to Grey Worm and the rest of the Unsullied, they stuck out there in Casterly Rock without ships?

This one week wait between episodes is torture, lol.
That's what I'm wondering. Though apparently a lot of time passes between episodes so I guess they could walk back.

Still not feeling Dany. I used to be team Dany hardcore but the show keeps hinting at bad things imo. Tyrion's looks seem to confirm to me. I hope she doesnt kill him. I have a feeling that if she ever catches Jaime, Tyrion will step in front to save the kingslayer, only to end up as dragon food too. Hope I am wrong there. He hasnt had many wins as her hand.
That's true. His advice so far in battle has epic failed. That's going to irritate her after a while.
Unbreakable said:
What will Sam find in those scrolls? I think copying them will end up being a reward.
Good point.
Unbreakable said:
The Sansa/Bran reunion didnt quite hit home for me. I think I needed more at the godstree.
Bran has never hit home for me. It's been one long cryptic scene after another with him. I'm assuming his story is vital to the end of the show since they never tell us what anything means with him.

He also transformed into an "aloof sage" type out of nowhere just in time for this episode.

Euron must have the infinity gauntlet cause he is teleporting everywhere
I think a lot of time passed between episodes because Jon got all the way to Dragonstone during that time too.

I found this episode quite frustrating unfortunately. The portrayal of Tyrion as hand between season 2 and 7 are at complete odds.

There is absolutely no way I can accept the absolute pummeling he has received in the last two episodes by Cersei, Jaime and Euron.

It's particularly unfortunate given they gave us what could have been one of the great moments of the series in the Unsullied storming the Rock......only to pull the rug from underneath. It was unnecessary to make it another Lannister victory given the rest of the episode was dominated by Cersei and her plot armour. :cmad:

Telling someone they loved pretty the night they were sexually assaulted isn't a good idea.

Credit where it's due to Bran......he came to the table prepared. Poor oul Jon was jusy pure sloppy in comparison.

tumblr_otxqlx2jX01qcbk34o2_540.gif

tumblr_inline_nlskhp3JJK1rijxnz.gif

You would think with all of this killing that Westeros would be getting pretty empty. :p
Westeros is just making it's self easier for the taking by the army of the dead.

Entire generations of fighting age men are being wiped out.

DGEDieXVYAAv6X9

The Boss.

She better win an Emmy, Globe, Screen Actors guild and every other damn award she can.

Westeros is just making it's self easier for the taking by the army of the dead.

Entire generations of fighting age men are being wiped out.

I mean, that's been the whole show.

This episode further reinforced for me the idea that Dany will break bad. I can easily see a scenario where Dany goes power mad and desperate in the conflict with Cersei. Cersei outplaying her in their war will force her to storm King's Landing, killing countless innocents, and cement her as warlord. Jon could easily become her enemy in this, especially once his true parentage becomes known.

I enjoyed the episode. Loved the interactions between Dany and Jon. Especially loved Tyrion and Jon having a reunion and their conversations, I had always liked that the two of them had become friends back in season 1.

:( about Olenna

Bran I'm kind of indifferent on, I mean, I get where they're trying to go with him...sort of. I just don't know that it's working.

BTW, maybe I'm reading too much into it (always a possibility), but did anyone notice Little Finger's face when the Maester told Sansa that Maester Luwin kept a copy of every raven scroll? He seemed oddly interested in that tidbit of information (though, as I said, I could be reading too much into the look he gave).

Dany's heads getting way too big just like her list of titles.

She really is.

I have to remind myself that she doesnt know Jon at all like viewers do, and to herJon is just a guy trying to claim one of her kingdoms, but she didnt offer Jon a bit of hospitality and diplomacy. Didnt even try to understand him or know him. She handled that meeting like a dictator. Expecting the Northerner to come before her and bend the knee and say, "What is your bidding?" And when he didnt you can see her itching to burn him alive. And the way she pretty much scoffed at him saying they need each other. Ugh.

why did Jon just believe a person he's never met before would just support him with almost no sign of proof?

It's impressive to me just how much these royals or lords all want people to bend the knee to them almost immediately. Danaerys may believe it's her birthright to rule Westeros, but nobody knows who she is. She has pedigree and reputation but nobody really knows her. Plus as a woman, won't that be an issue for some?

I thought Cersei's punishment for Oberyn's widow would be to have raped by Ser Robert. but i guess that was only reserved for that nun.

That was a great curtain call for Olenna.

And I was not expecting Jon meeting Dany to take up that much screentime this episode. I had thought it would be a tease, with him being brought before her as the final scene in the episode. I was not disappointed.

Same here.

I thought Cersei's punishment for Oberyn's widow would be to have raped by Ser Robert. but i guess that was only reserved for that nun.

I have to say that this had crossed my mind as well. :(

Ellaria is chained to a wall and can only watch as her daughter dies and rots. Thats about the worst thing that could be done to a mother. Cersei attacked her heart rather than her body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"