Set Reports/Blogs on sightings in Montreal.

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
I must have missed this in the photo section but I guess they're calling this film "Baja" to throw people off.

http://community.livejournal.com/montreal/2384217.html

Someone was correct before me. The film being shot at john Abbott is the sequel to Punisher. They were filming scenes a couple of weeks ago at Places des Arts.

There are a number of movies that are shot here (parts of them at least). I have been in a few of them as a movie extra.

Its a lot of fun work. I hold on to my 15 minutes of fame in the Last Kiss Movie. I`m standing right next to Zach Braff and Rachel Bilson in my scene.

If you want more info about the movies being filmed here you should check out www.montrealextras.com.

There's a link in the above message board to some Montreal filming site which had this info to which might be all known as well.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Punisher War Zone[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Muse/Lions GateDirector: Lexi AlexanderProduction Manager: Pierre LabergeCasting: Lucie RobitailleStunt Coord.: Jean FrennettePre-production to: October 20, 2007Shooting to: December 19, 2007tel: 514.931.5573 fax: 514.931.8175[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Derek Seguin from comicus.it:

"Can't tell you my role cause it would give something away about the story. I did not see Ray Stevenson. he was not on set that day. As for Lexi Alexander, I had very little contact with her but I can say that everyone I spoke to absolutely loves her and she is very talented and Sweet for someone with her position.
Shooting of these scenes took place just outside Montreal in an old Factory that is often use as a studio ("I'm not There", for example). There were easily 300 people on set that day. Sorry if I can't get into details. You have to understand that the production does not want us giving any inside info".

http://www.comicus.it/view.php?section=rubriche&id=1175

Derek Seguin from comicus.it:

"Can't tell you my role cause it would give something away about the story. I did not see Ray Stevenson. he was not on set that day. As for Lexi Alexander, I had very little contact with her but I can say that everyone I spoke to absolutely loves her and she is very talented and Sweet for someone with her position.
Shooting of these scenes took place just outside Montreal in an old Factory that is often use as a studio ("I'm not There", for example). There were easily 300 people on set that day. Sorry if I can't get into details. You have to understand that the production does not want us giving any inside info".

http://www.comicus.it/view.php?section=rubriche&id=1175

Uh Oh, he's the Anthony Michael Hall of this movie.

http://spacingmontreal.ca/?p=361

Rest of pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/smurfmatic/sets/72157603446335603/

December 11th, 2007

Chinatown gets a New York makeover

Posted by Christopher DeWolf

I was walking up St. Laurent this evening when I noticed that Wah Fung, a gift shop located just above Viger, had a new sign. It was nice, but something was off. That’s when I noticed that it was in Chinese and English. “Meubles, paravents, pots & fleurs, vases, cadres, lampes (2ème étage)” had become “Furniture, umbrellas, flowers and pots, vases, frames, lamps (2nd floor).”
Hmm, I thought. That will make some people upset.
Walking down the street a bit, I noticed that almost every store on the block had new signs, all of which were very similar to the old ones except for the fact that the French had been replaced by English. When I realized that Restaurant Hong Kong had become Imperial Dim Sum, that there was a newsstand standing at the corner of the Main and La Gauchetière (with a big sign reading “NEWSSTAND,” no less), and that there were two US postboxes where a Canadian one normally stands, I realized that this block of Chinatown had been transformed into a film set.
The film, it turns out, is The Punisher: War Zone, an lousy-looking American feature that will be released sometime next year. Set in New York, it’s being shot in Montreal, which involves the recreation of New York on our streets, or at least a somewhat acceptable facsimile of it. Earlier this month, I stumbled across Phillips Square as it was being made to resemble the corner of 14th and Fifth Avenue in New York, complete with New York City street signs and a flimsy-looking fake subway entrance.
It’s always fun to spot Canadian cities standing in for American ones in Hollywood movies. Sometimes, the effect is decent, like when Toronto turned into Baltimore for the remake of Hairspray. Other times, it’s laughably bad, like when Vancouver (mountains and all) posed for the Bronx in Rumble in the Bronx.

UPDATE: Spacing Montrealer Cedric Sam stopped by Chinatown this evening and took more photos of the final preparations for The Punisher’s shoot. The newsstand has “opened” for business and more New York City details have been added.

Ahhh, but then there's the french women :woot:

god dammit i'm currently dating a french canadian girl, that just gave me a bad mental image! Although I haven't seen her pits yet

So for French girls, it sounds like first base is getting them to wear a tank top.

Bah, only French girls I seen with the pit hair were either hippy chicks, or Parisian.

I don't think you'll have a problem as long as she's not a member of the green party.

armpitol4.png

^ Regarding the off topic armpit discussion.

Ok back to Punisher as if that wasn't Punishment enough.

So for French girls, it sounds like first base is getting them to wear a tank top.

Haha well it's winter so no tank tops for now. As far as first base goes, all I got so far was a hug and a kiss on the cheek, but that was tuesday and it was only our second date. At one point during dinner we were talking about books, so I couldn't resist bringing up Punisher MAX. She said "Punisher? Wasn't that John Travolta?". I explained to her how different the comic was from the film, to the point where she was interested in reading some material. Promised I'd lend her one of my trade paperbacks (probably Slavers). Anyway I switched the subject to something else quickly before she could detect I was a crazy fanboy.

Back to the Chinatown pics, I'm guessing this will be one of the scenes where Jigsaw is recruiting his multi-ethinic army. Hope they might reference the scene where Nicky Cavella and his boys threaten that asian mob boss by killing his sons. That part could be awesome on film. Would show how ruthless jig and his goons are.

Bah, a lot of French girls are reputated with being easy round here, but most of those are heavily influenced with the hip-hop culture and can be easily bought.

Is Cavella and Pittsy even in this movie? I know Ink is, but so is Maginty, makes me wonder if they are all used out of context.

Haha well it's winter so no tank tops for now. As far as first base goes, all I got so far was a hug and a kiss on the cheek, but that was tuesday and it was only our second date.

Thanks for sharing.:whatever:

Thanks for sharing.:whatever:

Don't roll your eyes at me newbie.

jk, i think it was you who replied to someone in a thread with that a while back, made me lol at work.

There's a big snow storm, about 20cm that will hit montreal tomorrow, wonder if it might effect shooting

I wonder what is everyone's opinion of turning Montreal into New York. Do you think they will pull it off?

I wonder what is everyone's opinion of turning Montreal into New York. Do you think they will pull it off?

I hope they could they just have to be careful when it comes to landmarks. But they will probably pull it off.

I hope they could they just have to be careful when it comes to landmarks. But they will probably pull it off.

yea i think you're right but i believe they can make it believeable enough for us to not even care if it's really NY or not.

yea i think you're right but i believe they can make it believeable enough for us to not even care if it's really NY or not.

Yeah it's just like the Superman movies with Christopher Reeves. they said it was Metropolis even thought it was clearly New York City.

Yeah it's just like the Superman movies with Christopher Reeves. they said it was Metropolis even thought it was clearly New York City.

lol. I always wondered what the twin towers and the statue of liberty were doing in Metropolis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"