The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, why don't you go ahead and give us the best one there is of her in makeup, wardrobe, and actually filming a scene. At the same time, give us a shot or two of MJ from the comics. In fact, let's go with my favorite of MJ on the couch with the cut up jeans, and belly shirt with the spidey logo. Can you put that one up for us? Or how about one of her swimsuit pics?

Be honest, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane is like Paul Giamatti as the Rhino... Oh, um, yah!

I already did on page 15. For someone just like you. and with EXTREME predjudice.

Here's his post:
On Set

Biker Peter scene

url

In comics

mary_jane_watson_preciosa.jpg

So you're essentially saying, that MJ has been portrayed as the "cute" girl next door in the comics and Woodley fits that?

just because he didnt get a chance to voice his opinion months ago doesnt mean its not valid.

Whining doesn't equal an opinion.... and that's all that this 'Shailene doesn't look like the MJ from the comics/is butt-ugly' BS amounts to.

I don't know what's more annoying.The "Amy Adams is too old for Lois!" threads or the "Woodley isn't drop dead gorgeous enough for MJ!"threads :whatever:

If you don't think Woodley is attractive enough for MJ,your expectations are too high for a mortal woman to achieve.

Heck,she's already better looking than Stone.:woot:

I agree, the possibility of a "rebound" feel is there.

Not really.If Gwen Dies at the end of this film,there's a good chance the next film could be set a year or two after the events of this one.MJ could be dating Harry or whatever in the meantime.

So you're essentially saying, that MJ has been portrayed as the "cute" girl next door in the comics and Woodley fits that?

Yes, I am. She was always drawn as a beautiful, girl next door type but with a party girl, wild child attitude.

It wasn't until MacFarlane where she was drawn to be a hyper exaggerated model with extreme curves and a big chest.

People haven't drawn her lime that after either, except in fan art.

I agree, the possibility of a "rebound" feel is there.

Personally I always wanted to see 5 movies (I know, wishful thinking). I wrote this a couple of years ago, once I knew about the relaunch and the Lizard, on some other thred:

Movie 1: Peter and Gwen - the Lizard
Movie 2: Electro and either Rhino or Scorpion, enhanced by Osborn/Oscorp - meant to go after Parker to try to get his DNA, Blood Sample, whatever - which will help Osborn
Movie 3: Green Goblin, Kraven and Camelian (going into Peter's parents more) - Gwen dies at end
Movie 4: Venom - Develop the relationship between Peter and MJ
Movie 5: Carnage - The ultimate dark villain. What better way to end the series - and explains why Venom would need to be redone (hopefully good this time).

They aren't portraying her as a rebound. They're portraying her like it was in the comics and thats as Peter's friend during his darkest time.

MJ had been introduced long before Gwen's death in the comics but they were friends. Barely that. And when Gwen died, MJ was there for Peter, not as a lover, but a friend and it was for a while after that they became a couple.

That's what there doing for ASM2.

If they were to wait until AFTER Gwen's death to portray the early relationship between MJ and Peter or even introduce MJ, then yes she would feel like and be a rebound and replacement for Gwen. and that's not what MJ is. She was not and never will be a replacement for Gwen. , she was much more.

Last edited:
I don't know what's more annoying.The "Amy Adams is too old for Lois!" threads or the "Woodley isn't drop dead gorgeous enough for MJ!"threads :whatever:

If you don't think Woodley is attractive enough for MJ,your expectations are too high for a mortal woman to achieve.

Thank you! That's one (maybe two) in the bucket. If I were to choose, I'd choose Woodley over the two. I'm not a big fan of Emma. Sure she's playing Gwen and I have no problem with that, but beauty wise, I guess it's just preference.

eh
Let's not too crazy.:oldrazz:

I already did on page 15. For someone just like you. and with EXTREME predjudice.

Here's his post:

Here's his post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer
On Set

Biker Peter scene

url

In comics

mary_jane_watson_preciosa.jpg

Think you just proved my point!

They aren't portraying her as a rebound. They're portraying her like it was in the comics and thats as Peter's friend during his darkest time.

MJ had been introduced long before Gwen's death in the comics but they were friends. Barely that. And when Gwen died, MJ was there for Peter, not as a lover, but a friend and it was for a while after that they became a couple.

That's what there doing for ASM2.

If they were to wait until AFTER Gwen's death to portray the early relationship between MJ and Peter or even introduce MJ, then yes she would feel like and be a rebound and replacement for Gwen. and that's not what MJ is. She was not and never will be a replacement for Gwen. , she was much more.

Yes, we fan boys all get that. My worry is that if Gwen dies at the end of 2 and the 3rd movie focuses on them consoling each other and then ultimately having feelings, although per comicbook canon, for the movie audience, seeing that in a couple of hours, will come off reboundish.

For those who keep complaining that girls don't look like that in real life, all you need to do is look over at Avengers. Scarlett Johansson as Black Window was AMAZING casting! The shot of her walking into Hammer Industries was perfect.

Now imagine Amanda Seyfried as Mary Jane...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

oh my god nothing's gonna change the casting, why not direct the energy you're spending here either trying to accept that shailene is mj or just don't go see the movie and save yourself the heartache. jeez, she was cast in october and every single day since there's criticism with these weak arguments to support it.

For those who keep complaining that girls don't look like that in real life, all you need to do is look over at Avengers. Scarlett Johansson as Black Window was AMAZING casting! The shot of her walking into Hammer Industries was perfect.

Now imagine Amanda Seyfried as Mary Jane...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

2n897k2.jpg

-Peter Parker is a mashup of several different versions (ultimate, 616), with some new stuff thrown in.
-Electro is a mashup of several different versions (ultimate, 616) with a LOT of new stuff thrown in (Max Dillon looks nothing like his 616 counterpart)
-Harry Osborn is a mashup of several different versions (ultimate, 616) who looks NOTHING like either version.
-Norman Osborn looks NOTHING like his 616 or Ultimate counterpart and is a sick, dying old man.

So explain why Mary jane needs to look exactly like an Adam Hughes comic book drawing. If you endorse any of the changes listed above, then you can't.

Last edited:
-Peter Parker is a mashup of several different versions (ultimate, 616), with some new stuff thrown in.
-Electro is a mashup of several different versions (ultimate, 616) with a LOT of new stuff thrown in (Max Dillon looks nothing like his 616 counterpart)
-Harry Osborn is a mashup of several different versions (ultimate, 616) who looks NOTHING like either version.
-Norman Osborn is looks NOTHING like his 616 or Ultimate counterpart and is a sick, dying old man.

So explain why Mary jane needs to look exactly like an Adam Hughes comic book drawing. If you endorse any of the changes listed above, then you can't.

SPp827A.gif

Thank you! That's one (maybe two) in the bucket. If I were to choose, I'd choose Woodley over the two. I'm not a big fan of Emma. Sure she's playing Gwen and I have no problem with that, but beauty wise, I guess it's just preference.

Yeah,I mean,Emma's not ugly by any means,but I'm sure she looks as bad as Shailene (and the rest of us) first thing in the morning.

With both of them dolled up and looking their best,I'd still take Shailene.

Can we please stop quoting that post with the pics over and over? It's really annoying and contributing nothing to a reasonable discussion.

Jesus, is there STILL a debate over Woodley's looks?? Get over it already people! :wall:

-Norman Osborn looks NOTHING like his 616 or Ultimate counterpart and is a sick, dying old man.

MJ doesn't need to look like an Adam Hughes comic book drawing, but seriously, Shailene doesn't look anything like MJ from anything. Don't start posting any modeling photos, I mean the set photos

MJ doesn't need to look like an Adam Hughes comic book drawing, but seriously, Shailene doesn't look anything like MJ from anything. Don't start posting any modeling photos, I mean the set photos

I had this to say, I was wondering what someone else thought:

My defense of Woodley (and one of the things keeping me at least remotely satisfied with her casting choice) is that, for the sake of moving on from Gwen's death, the actress shouldn't be more attractive than Emma Stone.

If you kill off Gwen and then have MJ be substantially hotter (well endowed, skimpy clothing, seductive attitude), it's such a slap in the face to the audience. And makes Peter seem like a horrible, HORRIBLE person. In my opinion.

Not to say they couldn't have a hot MJ be modest and sympathetic, but I'm just saying that might be what Webb and co are going for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"