The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only seen a few people complain about her...we can't really judge her until we see her hair died red and green contacts in her eyes anyway.

If they want this movie to SOAR with Mary Jane in the movie, I hope she's just at the very end of the movie and done so like in her first appearance. :hrt:

gwen32.jpg

Is there something you know about the film that you're not telling us?

No, but I do have common sense. Given the timing that Shailene was cast, it makes no sense that she would not appear in the film until the very end. You think it's a good idea for them to basically shoehorn her in at the end of a film? It's not, and if they were planning on doing that they would not have announced her casting in the first place.

No, but I do have common sense. Given the timing that Shailene was cast, it makes no sense that she would not appear in the film until the very end. You think it's a good idea for them to basically shoehorn her in at the end of a film? It's not, and if they were planning on doing that they would not have announced her casting in the first place.

That wouldn't exactly be SHOEHORNED. I can understand the mystique of her cast choice being hushed up if it WERE to play out like that. But your logic of her having a bigger role in the film just because she was cast first clearly has no affect of how she could fit in the story. I just thought it would be cool if that's how it happened. Your argument lacks predicate.

I don't see how her being cast first has anything to do with her screen time. Maybe they were just blown away by her audition and she was cast quicker by other actors auditioning for other roles.

It's not about screen time, it's about her being used in the final seconds of a film she was very publicly cast for early on in production. That's just not how things work.

I think everyone who's in their 30s or younger grew up with a little Spidey in their life.

Oh definitely, and I know he's a cultural icon and that she probably liked him as a kid and most people did.

But saying you're a "fan since childhood" feels like more than just that to me, which is why it feels a little forced when pretty much every actor says that. It sounds more like "Oh yeah I'm a fan!" really means more "Oh yeah I know who that character is, he swings around right? He's cool"

I honestly don't think that when an actor is cast dictates how much screentime they have.

She could have 10 seconds of screentime or she could have 20 minutes of screentime.

I don't think he being cast first means much. That's even if she WAS cast first. She was announced first. Doesn't mean she was cast first.

I honestly don't think that when an actor is cast dictates how much screentime they have.

She could have 10 seconds of screentime or she could have 20 minutes of screentime.

I don't think he being cast first means much. That's even if she WAS cast first. She was announced first. Doesn't mean she was cast first.

Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs. :up:

If they want this movie to SOAR with Mary Jane in the movie, I hope she's just at the very end of the movie and done so like in her first appearance. :hrt:

gwen32.jpg
If Gwen dies and the film ends with peter receiving another girl like that it will seem off, would prefer to see them both at the same time

If Gwen dies and the film ends with peter receiving another girl like that it will seem off, would prefer to see them both at the same time

What? I was hoping that, at the very moment Gwen dies, Mary Jane pops up and says "Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!" :oldrazz:

Mary Jane Watson:

mj001mz.jpg
I wonder if her hair is really going to be that red? Like the Spidey tat, she'd be really bad (in a good way) if they actually did that in the movies. Spidey's biggest fangirl.

I hated Dunst's red hair in the original Spider-Man. I liked it more in the second and third films.

Woodley's hair in that photo though would look amazing!

I hated Dunst's red hair in the original Spider-Man. I liked it more in the second and third films.

Woodley's hair in that photo though would look amazing!

It helps that Woodley's hair is brunette to begin with. When a lot of blondes dye their hair red, it tends to either look unnatural, strawberry blonde or ginger. If a brunette were to dye her hair, because she's already got the dark base, it looks more auburn, which is IMO far more pleasing than ginger or strawberry blonde. I always saw MJ as more auburn than ginger.

I think Shailene could afford to be more brown though than that shade of red in that manip, and it would still look good and red enough.

It helps that Woodley's hair is brunette to begin with. When a lot of blondes dye their hair red, it tends to either look unnatural, strawberry blonde or ginger. If a brunette were to dye her hair, because she's already got the dark base, it looks more auburn, which is IMO far more pleasing than ginger or strawberry blonde. I always saw MJ as more auburn than ginger.

I think Shailene could afford to be more brown though than that shade of red in that manip, and it would still look good and red enough.

^ This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back