The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Paul Giamatti IS Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope they don't go the cross-species angle again with Rhino. I know it was in the first film as a possible key to helping an ailing Osborn, but something tells me OSCORP might abandon that research after what happened with Connors and the inevitable negative publicity his attack brought.

I'm thinking the cross-species route is here to stay. There was even a Rhino pictured in that 'Tree of Life' during Pete's Oscorp visit in ASM.

Also, to avoid public scrutiny they could say they are abandoning the research but continue to do it in secret.

I'm thinking the cross-species route is here to stay. There was even a Rhino pictured in that 'Tree of Life' during Pete's Oscorp visit in ASM.

Also, to avoid public scrutiny they could say they are abandoning the research but continue to do it in secret.

Yeah I predict that cross-species genetics will be somewhat of a "theme" throughout the whole series.

Rhino as a cross-species villain would certainly bring the movie down a few notches for me.

Iron-rhino would certainly bring the movie down a few notches for me......

We have iron man and his near 50 armors already, a man in a mechanical armored suit isnt going to feel very original or breath taking either

I don't really care about freshness when it comes to Rhino's appearance, as long as it's not that awful awful "classic" version. I'll even take a talking rhino over 616.

I can see Aleksei getting a permanent formula of rhino DNA. But all it does is make him bigger and stronger, heavier with a body as hard as that of a rhino, more crazy and a bit dumber. No grey skin or horn. Then they give him this suit to even further enhance his strenght and, since the formula is based off a rhino, they also come up with the idea of adding a deadly horn on his head that will work like a battering ram as well as a deadly weapon.

That way you can give him a suit and still keep the cross-genetics theme.

suppose a factor is whether or not the video game is in continuity, i mean didn't mark webb let them make the game in continuity? i swear it was mention somewhere, and also the game ends on a cliffhanger doesn't it? so they would follow that up with another game when the sequel comes out?

amazingspidermangamerhino3.jpg

its hard to say really, but then if peter is visiting doc connors in TASM2 for the first time since TASM in this film that could mean there is no continuity after all with the game

How does the 616 Rhino even work? Is it magic, mechanical or something else? In other words, how is a regular man able to throw and tear through an 18-wheeler just because he's wearing a Rhino suit?

It would seem that the mechanical (IronMan) type suit would work better in the movie world, now you're dealing with hydraulics and science.

For me, I would like to see a combination of both Ultimate/616 Rhino. He looks like both Rhino versions meshed in one, but his suit is mechanical and works with hydraulics, however, the catch-22 is, it can never be removed. That's what its creators never told Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevich.

Last edited:
^ it's a polymer added to his skin meant to enhance his speed and strength. So I guess it's kind of like a suit.

To be honest, even though I said I have a feeling that cross-species genetics will be a "theme" to the series, I would rather have Ultimate Rhino than 616. Just something about the robotics/tech aspect I dig.

Last edited:
What if it's a suit that bonds to the cells and some how has a constant replenishment of steroids that feed into the persons body. Sort of like "Bane's Venom" combined with a Nicotine patch?

Nah, that's too Venom-like.
it's a polymer added to his skin meant to enhance his speed and strength. So I guess it's kind of like a suit.
How do they explain that in an origin, it makes no sense. Sorry, but the Ultimate version makes more sense, even though, from reports it seems like they went with the 616 version.

Last edited:
Nah, that's to Venom-like.
How do they explain that in an origin, it makes no sense. Sorry, but the Ultimate version makes more sense, even though, from reports it seems like they went with the 616 version.

No I'm with ya, I want Ultimate Rhino too.

though, the concept of a man in a robotic suit, isn't exactly the most original idea (may even seem like it's stepping in to iron man territory) it would be something new an original to the spider-man live action movies

we've never really seen movie spider-man taking on a huge robot type character

though, the concept of a man in a robotic suit, isn't exactly the most original idea (may even seem like it's stepping in to iron man territory) it would be something new an original to the spider-man live action movies

True on both accounts, but that's why you combined the 616 with the Ultimate, so that it doesn't look robotic but more organic. However, the suit functions beneath its thick skinned plates is a robotic exo-skeleton armor.

Just say it's a combination of a polymer enhanced with nanites or some ****, I don't know.

That's what I'm saying. That's why the robotics aspect interests me.
I doubt we'll see it in this series, but the spider slayers would be a cool one to sink into as well.

Nah, that's too Venom-like.

how is a steroid like an alien living organism controlling your body? lol

That's what I'm saying. That's why the robotics aspect interests me.
I doubt we'll see it in this series, but the spider slayers would be a cool one to sink into as well.

eh, save that for the Spider-Slayers and Scorpion (who more robotic anyway) i'd much rather see robots go into that

Just say it's a combination of a polymer enhanced with nanites or some ****, I don't know.

OXLd6s9.jpg

But funny thing, that's what they did for the final boss in Metal Gear Rising. Nanomachines made him nearly invincible and gave him super strength.

A mix of all... A man gets fused to a polymer suit, then has his genetics crossed with the robotic rhino from Ace Venture 2 (i assume he'll be born in a similar way to how Ace appeared to be in that scene)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"