The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Paul Giamatti IS Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I predict that cross-species genetics will be somewhat of a "theme" throughout the whole series.

Just because one villain is cross-species doesn't mean that the theme of this series is cross-species. It's not even changed around, Lizard is pretty much theoretically what he was in the comics

It's like saying "Shocker had a costume in the previous movie, so the theme is costumes and Lizard will without a doubt be a man in costume as well!". Before you mention the video game, the cross-species theme was Beenox's idea

Last edited:
I can see Aleksei getting a permanent formula of rhino DNA. But all it does is make him bigger and stronger, heavier with a body as hard as that of a rhino, more crazy and a bit dumber. No grey skin or horn. Then they give him this suit to even further enhance his strenght and, since the formula is based off a rhino, they also come up with the idea of adding a deadly horn on his head that will work like a battering ram as well as a deadly weapon.

That way you can give him a suit and still keep the cross-genetics theme.

suppose a factor is whether or not the video game is in continuity, i mean didn't mark webb let them make the game in continuity? i swear it was mention somewhere, and also the game ends on a cliffhanger doesn't it? so they would follow that up with another game when the sequel comes out?

amazingspidermangamerhino3.jpg

its hard to say really, but then if peter is visiting doc connors in TASM2 for the first time since TASM in this film that could mean there is no continuity after all with the game

Both ideas I hope I never see. No offense to anyone.

True on both accounts, but that's why you combined the 616 with the Ultimate, so that it doesn't look robotic but more organic. However, the suit functions beneath its thick skinned plates is a robotic exo-skeleton armor.

Now you're talking.

Where was it ever confirmed that Paul Giamatti will be playing the Rhino? I must have missed it.

Where was it ever confirmed that Paul Giamatti will be playing the Rhino? I must have missed it.

all we have is a rumor or was it a report?... i can't remember but no one has denied or officially confirmed it

but there are little things we seen in pictures that many feel is a hint to Rhino

oh and someone has reported on twitter or tumblr or something that someone has seen the design for Rhino but again who knows if thats true

No one really confirmed or denied if he is the Rhino. But the fact that Webb has teased some Russian things and Paul has gone on record for saying he'd like to be the Rhino points in that direct.

Hollywood Reporter said he was in talks to be the Rhino. It was never a guess on what role he would play.

I don't think it has been confirmed yet.

As for the whole cross-species thing, I doubt it will be the theme for the entire franchise. When exploring more of Spider-Man's origins, we will probably hear more of it, but I doubt every villain will be cross species. I do not consider the video game to be canon, and the filmmakers probably feel the same way.

Brought to you by the same people who said "don't look down" or "you don't wanna see this".

Rosie O'Donell for Rhino!

I bet she could have gotten the part if she wanted to. How could anyone say no to this face?
rosie_odonnell_responds_to_nose_picking_photo_1.jpg

He's just a Rosie hater. :woot:

Lol..I personally wouldn't enjoy the mixed 616 and 1610 rhino anyway..
But I'm guessing he said that because he fears the movie will be too jumbled?

Lol..I personally wouldn't enjoy the mixed 616 and 1610 rhino anyway..
But I'm guessing he said that because he fears the movie will be too jumbled?

I have mixed feelings regarding Rhino. On one hand I'm happy he's appearing in TASM2 and can't wait to see him since he's a classic Spidey character and we've never seen him on screen before but on the other hand I don't really care how they portray/handle him as long as it's obviously Rhino :p

I have mixed feelings regarding Rhino. On one hand I'm happy he's appearing in TASM2 and can't wait to see him since he's a classic Spidey character and we've never seen him on screen before but on the other hand I don't really care how they portray/handle him as long as it's obviously Rhino :p
Exactly.
I can't see them screwing up Rhino really..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"