Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings General Discussion and Speculation thread

Maybe they’ve been delayed by the bushfires? It’s such a terrible situation.

it’ll be great when we get more casting announcements. I wonder if they had to do a quick script rewrite after the mulan/Hong Kong situation

I think this will take the May 2022 date now that Ds2 lost its director. Plus this movie was supposed to film at the end of 2019, yet we didn't really hear casting news or news regarding its filming start.

I think this will take the May 2022 date now that Ds2 lost its director. Plus this movie was supposed to film at the end of 2019, yet we didn't really hear casting news or news regarding its filming start.

I don't think it could have really started filming yet. Normally we would get some casting news. Maybe it was just 2nd unit photography and not any major scenes involving any actors. Perhaps just location filming?

I don't think it could have really started filming yet. Normally we would get some casting news. Maybe it was just 2nd unit photography and not any major scenes involving any actors. Perhaps just location filming?
I've read some rumours that it was supposed to film by the end of 2019 and that was like mid of 2019. But they really should be filming now IF they really want to release it in February of next year. But I really see this being moved to May. They aren't filming yet and I doubt Marvel wants to give up that May release date to another studio.

Who knows? I mean doc strange already has it’s lead plus I’m sure marvel always have a list of A list talent who are dying for a marvel role so it probably wouldn’t be that hard to whip something up and match the release date.
Shang chi might need a bit more work because it’s a brand new franchise

Who knows? I mean doc strange already has it’s lead plus I’m sure marvel always have a list of A list talent who are dying for a marvel role so it probably wouldn’t be that hard to whip something up and match the release date.
Shang chi might need a bit more work because it’s a brand new franchise
I just feel like Marvel feels so certain about release dates, that they announce it so ahead of time and suddenly, things happen and the movie gets delayed. And part of me is disappointed. Like I lost trust with FoX, WB and Sony when it comes to their comic book movies and its one of the reasons (announcing a release date onlyto be canceled or put the film in development hell).

Marvel Studios already disappointed me by canceling Inhumans the movie and I just don't want to get to the point that I no longer trust when they announce release dates that would just be changed in the future.

Oh well, I always think it’s better to delay a product than rush it. What was it shiguru miyamoto used to say? A delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is always bad

No way Shang Chi will get the May slot - outside Asia it won‘t draw masses into the cinemas like Guardians 2 or Civil War (Avengers movies not included)
I don‘t think they sacrifice the most important slot in the year two years in a row for a movie not so big
Black Widdow is there to replace Guardians 3 it wasn‘t supposed to get this date in the first place. Scarlets sucess at the Oscars could be a lucky circumstance to push it.
I can see Thor and Doctor Strange switch release dates more, than Shang Chi - and this is also implausible, since Taika will be busy with the Rugby-movie

Any Chance Akwafina could steal a role here? Would love to see her part of the MCU.

Any Chance Akwafina could steal a role here? Would love to see her part of the MCU.

ef8.jpg

No way Shang Chi will get the May slot - outside Asia it won‘t draw masses into the cinemas like Guardians 2 or Civil War (Avengers movies not included)
I don‘t think they sacrifice the most important slot in the year two years in a row for a movie not so big
Black Widdow is there to replace Guardians 3 it wasn‘t supposed to get this date in the first place. Scarlets sucess at the Oscars could be a lucky circumstance to push it.
I can see Thor and Doctor Strange switch release dates more, than Shang Chi - and this is also implausible, since Taika will be busy with the Rugby-movie
Thor films in August... could they really release that in May? I don't think so, as they would need eXtra time for post prod.

I just the hope the neXt time that they announce a couple ofdates, they are 100% sure they would make that date. When I think about it, they really didnt to announce eXact release dates in the first place, as they haven't filmed any thing aside from the 2020 films.

Yeoh joining the cast is fabulous: she’s great at the martial arts, and I hope she’s playing a warrior of some kind.

Maybe she's playing his mother, in a similar role to Crazy Rich Asians.

that would be cool but maybe they could spin it by making her sort of more, working class. I think Michelle would like to challenge herself a bit. But playing Shang’s mum would be cool

Maybe they'll cast Colm Meaney as well.

I wish we'd get some casting news of some proper martial artists. Would be great if we heard Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen or Jet Li joined the cast.

I'm not really interested to hear about Michelle Yeoh or Rosalind Chao.

Michelle Yeoh has done her share of Martial Arts movies, including Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

After the rave reviews that Cretton's Just Mercy got, I'm not as concerned with this. Just hope they can film in Australia to the extent they wanted.

Also, in a bit of casting news, looks like Mulan's Rosalind Chao has joined the cast:
Shang-Chi: Mulan Actress Joins Cast

Apparently ‘fina is out here already hanging around Sydney. So they must be due to start any day now

Michelle Yeoh has done her share of Martial Arts movies, including Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

And that's mostly wirework. She's more of a dancer than true martial artist.

Since we've had Rosalind Chao, what's the likelihood of them getting Ming Na Wen in Shang Chi as a completely different character to AOS? Would Marvel do that? That would completely sever ties with AOS and confirm it's not in the same universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"