The Dark Knight Rises Should Bruce Wayne/Batman Die or Retire at the end?

Haha, ok well thats a scene where NY'rs come and surround Spider man to his defense and Dr. Oct just pushed them aside as if they were flies.. LOL Not exacty the same thing really.

I'm talking about a scene that has Bruce and Bane fist fighting where citizens are jumping in and actually scrappin too and eventually win!!

Comparisons aside, I think it would make a great ending :)

I heard in another thread that Batman's identity would be exposed to the public, and at the end he will take on the guise of Batman to save Gotham. This makes sense thematically, because ordinary citizens would see that those in power do in fact care about the general public, but I guess Bruce would have to fake his death at the end like someone else said here. I think it would be a good ending even though it's not really typical, and the end state is more or less supposed to be that no one continues the Nolanverse and degrades it.

Train Passenger: You want to get to him, you gotta go through me!
[All the other passengers take up his claim and surround Spider-Man]
Doc Ock: Very well..

That whole scene is better than the kiddy trailer for teh new Spiderman. :o

Should Batman die or retire at the end?

Neither. He should rise. Symbolically at least, if not literally.

after three movies, yes. Batman's identity is most likely to be exposed as Bruce Wayne. Think DK:R.

The Nolans and Goyer seem to be paying close attention to that book a lot.

after three movies, yes. Batman's identity is most likely to be exposed as Bruce Wayne. Think DK:R.

Yes. And I wouldn't be surprised if we see the death faking side as well, as it would be darn hard to live a normal life with everybody knowing you were Batman. If they do so, it'd "bring it back to Begins" - where he was declared dead after going missing seven years.

Yes. And I wouldn't be surprised if we see the death faking side as well, as it would be darn hard to live a normal life with everybody knowing you were Batman. If they do so, it'd "bring it back to Begins" - where he was declared dead after going missing seven years.
Valid point. I still think its very likely his identity will have to be revealed, but faking the death of Batman is very possible. One way or another, they will accept him as there hero and White Knight, finally.

Cheesy is the most over- and misused word ever. Everything one doesn't like is cheesy apparently.

For me, Bruce /Batman dies saving the city.
I don´t see him retiring and/or being happy at the end.

Exactly, I wouldn't mind that at all, especially if it's an aged Bruce. I mean, that was pretty much the most beloved "ending" to Batman in comic-book history, so why the hell not?

Valid point. I still think its very likely his identity will have to be revealed, but faking the death of Batman is very possible. One way or another, they will accept him as there hero and White Knight, finally.

I think they'd make it a point to stress that you no longer need a "White Night". Think Rachel's "Not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you." In the end, as much as we --and the characters-- love Harvey, he succumb to a dark place. In the end, Bruce Wayne's actions really are much more worthy of being "heroic" than Harvey Dent's. More than heroic. Superheroic?

Fine if you don't like the idea, but where does it being cheesy come from?

1. Your avvy wins big time everytime. :D

2. No idea.

Cheesy is the most over- and misused word ever. Everything one doesn't like is cheesy apparently.

And yet, we all love cheese.

And, IMO, a rather cheesy one.

15hhhfn.jpg

I've been talking with a lot of my friends who are well aware of Christopher Nolan's history as a filmmaker, let alone fans of his interpretation of Batman on film, and it amazed me as of late in hearing on how all of them agreed that killing off Batman/Bruce at the end of TDKR would be the most logical/best way to go to conclude the series. Never thought that I'd live to see the day where I would find so many believing that killing off the titular hero at the end of his final film would be a great thing.haha

I think it's pretty clear that his identity is exposed(the prison scene seems to suggest this). However, I don't envisage him faking his death in order to continue the fight from underground, but I could see him faking Batman's death and continuing living as Bruce either in Gotham or not.

I believe the most likely scenario is that he dies, however. Either way I think Batman ceases to exist.

I've been talking with a lot of my friends who are well aware of Christopher Nolan's history as a filmmaker, let alone fans of his interpretation of Batman on film, and it amazed me as of late in hearing on how all of them agreed that killing off Batman/Bruce at the end of TDKR would be the most logical/best way to go to conclude the series. Never thought that I'd live to see the day where I would find so many believing that killing off the titular hero at the end of his final film would be a great thing.haha

Same here. I think that casual viewers would love to see Batman die. Well, not that they WANT him dead, they just think it's a powerful and logical conclusion to such a character, if only because it's not be done before in a traditional superhero movie.

Same here. I think that casual viewers would love to see Batman die. Well, not that they WANT him dead, they just think it's a powerful and logical conclusion to such a character, if only because it's not be done before in a traditional superhero movie.

Agreed; based on all of the responses that I've read and gotten from people and fans alike, the general consensus that I've seem to be getting from those that I've come into contact with is that they feel that anything less than Bruce's real death at the end would be "anti-climactic" and that they can't envision Nolan's Bruce ever having a normal life as from their perspective, he would not be capable of it nor would it seem supposedly logical.

Agreed; based on all of the responses that I've read and gotten from people and fans alike, the general consensus that I've seem to be getting from those that I've come into contact with is that they feel that anything less than Bruce's real death at the end would be "anti-climactic" and that they can't envision Nolan's Bruce ever having a normal life as from their perspective, he would not be capable of it nor would it seem supposedly logical.

It's a bit different with me. People I know don't go as far as to guess alternative ideas. They just come to me and tell me "Nolan's gonna kill him, isn't he?", and they seem really excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"