should thor fly or should he be pulled by his hammer?

Not a bad idea. Wind currents for hovering, Mjolnir for movement. I like it. :up:

it's entirely possible in the movie thor purely moves from point A to point B without ever having air combat

I hope not. In the comics, some giants are so huge that Thor kind of needs to fight them in the air. It'd be awesome to see that in the movie.

He should be able to have air combat and also the needed mobility. Thor shouldn't be a sitting duck in the air just because he can only move in one direction after the hammer is thrown.

I repeat, magic hammer. He should be able to decrease/increase speed and also directions with his will.

I think Thor should be able to fly onscreen, because the audience may think it's stupid to have the God of Thunder needing his hammer to do anything. Besides, after he throws Mjolnir and starts descending, it'd make him look rather weak. And helicoptering with Mjolnir...not sure if it won't look silly on the big screen. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Btw, if Wonder Woman is granted the power of flight in the comics, why not Thor? That doesn't make alot of sense.

I'm not sure why Wonder Woman being able to fly would affect Thor. Stan Lee clearly wanted Thor and Mjolnir to be two halves of a whole, basically. Probably to set Thor apart from the Supermen and Wonder Women, who could physically do everything on their own just because their writers said they could.

I'm just not convinced that relying on Mjolnir to fly wouldn't look a bit ridiculous onscreen (even though flight itself is not logical to begin with). But if they can make it work visually, I'm willing to have an open mind about this.

not to be a broken record, but, i think we are overlooking the most obvious alternative
pa-wtreq6.jpg

I always liked the idea of Thor being dragged along after his hammer. I guess it also was implied, or I perceived it to be, that he could change direction and such once he was airborne. Through some other godly means no doubt.

i think of it like it can change it's momentum, and change direction sort of like a rocket, and when he spins it he's working on angular momentum principals to hover.

as for take off it should be faster than a jump but not so fast that we can't see what happens. i wouldn't have him have to let go of the hammer and grab the strap.

"Aviary Wench! Be there no mead upon this lofty vessel? The Odinson requires it!":thor:

I think Thor should be able to fly onscreen, because the audience may think it's stupid to have the God of Thunder needing his hammer to do anything. Besides, after he throws Mjolnir and starts descending, it'd make him look rather weak. And helicoptering with Mjolnir...not sure if it won't look silly on the big screen. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Btw, if Wonder Woman is granted the power of flight in the comics, why not Thor? That doesn't make alot of sense.

:funny:

It would be "look at me, i'm stuck somewhere because I don't have my hammer! I can't get down!"

I love how the hammer toss mode of flight is one of those ridiculous yet totally plausible things from comic books. Granted, if an actual man of Thor's stature tied it, he'd probably just get flung about 10 ft in some random direction and at the very least dislocate his shoulder. Still. :)

To me, I always thought Thor had the power to sort of levitate or at least minimize the effect of gravity on him(so he doesn't fall so fast) all by himself but required the hammer(and his strength in throwing it) as a means of propulsion and navigation(this part due to the hammer's magic).

i cant wait to see how they will do this for the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"