Silent Hill

I don't get the hype surrounding that remake. It's better than alot of American horrors, but it isn't scary. It relies on alot of cheap scares and cheap laughs for the first half of the movie. It's an ok movie, but it's no classic horror by any stretch.

The Hills Have Eyes remake was pretty average, but compared to recent horror movies, that's actually pretty good.

But yeah, I saw the behind the scenes silent hill video and on one hand I'm glad I saw it because my faith in this movie has skyrocketed, but on the other hand I wish I hadn't watched it because I know too much of the story to be surprised when I see it in theaters.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
It looks like a run of the mill horror to me (The Hills Have Eyes)

Doubt it. I assume you've never played the game? Personally I feel it's captured the very essence of the game. I admit it's very challenging to recreate the tension, fear, confusion, and overall atmosphere that the console has for its concept.

However, from the looks of it, it appears they got it right and it could actually be an excellent horror movie.

If it does well then I assume we'll get a new video game movie franchise where it's taken seriously.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Doubt it. I assume you've never played the game? Personally I feel it's captured the very essence of the game. I admit it's very challenging to recreate the tension, fear, confusion, and overall atmosphere that the console has for its concept.

However, from the looks of it, it appears they got it right and it could actually be an excellent horror movie.

If it does well then I assume we'll get a new video game movie franchise where it's taken seriously.

He was talking about the Hills Have Eyes.

RedIsNotBlue said:
He was talking about the Hills Have Eyes.

You sure? From what I read he mentioned that Silent Hill looked like another run of the mill horror movie.

If that's what I misunderstood, then my apologies. :) :up:

Red, he said 2005, unless he meant 2006 :p

So, it should be Saw 2. But if it's for this year, Saw 3!

That "Making Of Silent Hill" featurette was quite interesting, I was already pumped for Silent Hill (I've been a fan since of the entire series for some time now). I really can't wait to see the movie!

LastSunrise1981 said:
You sure? From what I read he mentioned that Silent Hill looked like another run of the mill horror movie.

If that's what I misunderstood, then my apologies. :) :up:

Lol it's okay, this movie (Silent Hill) looks kick ass! But what's with horror movies having "hill" in their name lol?

Silent Hill
The Hills Have Eyes.

That's all I could think of...

I'm going to ruin the ending for everyone!

Some weird **** happens

so I don't get it: Why aren't there any advanced reviews for this movie again? Is it the trend now in Hollywood...or is it something worse......

Don't let me down Gans..

Anyone have any info on the soundtrack or score for the movie?? Is the song Room of Angels going to be included? I think that that song would be awesome to include.

Guess what guys this is a bit spoilerish, for those of you who saw the making of ,remember the sceen with pyramid head carrying a woman by the neck? well remember thta the BTS shots are intercut with some shots of the actual movie? and when he takes her full up the scene is cut, well just after that he will tear the skin off of her. according to some source who saw leaked footage.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Anyone have any info on the soundtrack or score for the movie?? Is the song Room of Angels going to be included? I think that that song would be awesome to include.

I havnt heard anything about the soundtrack yet.

superkong 500 said:
Guess what guys this is a bit spoilerish, for those of you who saw the making of ,remember the sceen with pyramid head carrying a woman by the neck? well remember thta the BTS shots are intercut with some shots of the actual movie? and when he takes her full up the scene is cut, well just after that he will tear the skin off of her. according to some source who saw leaked footage.

Yeah the scene was shown at wizard world wasn't it...

Matt said:
I'm going to ruin the ending for everyone!

Some weird **** happens
That didn't just ruin the ending. It ruined the film. :p

I was interesterd in the movie at first but now I'm getting sick of seeing the trailer. It dosen't look that scary to me, but the music sounds kind of scary.

I was interesterd in the movie at first but now I'm getting sick of seeing the trailer. It dosen't look that scary to me, but the music sounds kind of scary.

C-$ said:

Just go watch the tv spots and you interest will be sparked again.

C-$ said:

I suggest, (Only if you don't mind seeing a few spoilers) is to give a gander at the Making Of Silent Hill Movie, it's very interesting and to me, it seems to movie just might convey a sense of dread and fear. But that of course, is my opinion.

venom4life said:
I suggest, (Only if you don't mind seeing a few spoilers) is to give a gander at the Making Of Silent Hill Movie, it's very interesting and to me, it seems to movie just might convey a sense of dread and fear. But that of course, is my opinion.

Where can one see this making of special?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"