Solo Solo: A Spoiler Thread

Enfys Nest being a teenage girl is such a dumb idea. Not because having a teen girl is bad in a Star Wars movie (although they should tread carefully given the past reception to children and teens in past SW movies), but because they intentionally kept the character's identity secret.

Can you imagine the outrage when fans discover that the menacing-looking villain from the trailers is a 16-year-old? If you want to have a character who's a teen girl just put her in the movie. This reveal just seems like it's asking for trouble. This kind of thing really makes me think that Lucasfilm is intentionally poking the fanbase with a stick at this point.

As has been noted, Enfys Nest and her gang aren’t villains. More like a group of masked mercenaries/freedom fighters who are working with the Rebellion. Also, I don’t believe it’s ever stated in the film how old Enfys Nest is. The actress believed to be playing her is in her twenties. Seriously though, that the character is a young woman is WHY she wears the mask to hide her identity in the first place. If you’ve been keeping up with the spoilers, how did you not pick up on that?

Seek help, man.

Also, if you've read the other spoilers flowing around, you'll see she's not a bad guy. It's all gray-area stuff, like the ruthless mofo special forces/CIA-equivalent types in R1.

But "whaa girls whaa" indeed. They're taking your Star Wars!

I'm assuming you have a problem with the big menacing villain from the Rogue One trailers turning out to be an easily-superceded-by-pulling-rank temper-tantrum-throwing p*ssy, too? Consistency would basically demand it.

Whoa, the trailers don't give away the movie! What a concept!

Way to completely miss my point.

If this were a teen boy, I would have the same problem. (This was essentially the same problem with showing Vader as a blonde-haired ten-year-old, and then as a whiny emo teenager in the prequels).

And the fact that she's not a villain is irrelevant. The trailers have gone out of their way to make Enfys Nest look like the main bad guy, and that's the impression that the millions of casual viewers have been getting. (A lot of hardcore fans have caught on that Enfys Nest is a red herring, but she's still being advertised as the main villain).

Imagine if Thanos were revealed to be a teen girl in disguise in Infinity War. That's pretty much the exact same thing here. You can't build up someone as a big scary gunslinging gangster villain and then say "oh look, it's actually a teenage girl in that suit!"

Director Krennic isn't comparable. He had flaws, but he was essentially the same villain that the trailers advertised. If anything Kylo Ren is more comparable, but thankfully he wasn't a 16 year old and he was still a proper villain.

Just to recap for the people who are getting ready to play the gender-card, having a teen girl in Star Wars IS NOT the problem here. If you've read my posts in other threads, you know I like Amara from Pacific Rim and Izabella from Transformers. These characters were 15 and 14. Neither of them were advertised as a gun-slinging gangster villain.

Also, I sort of already feel sorry for whoever plays Enfys Nest. She'll probably always be known as "that teenager from Solo". I just hope they cast an adult in the role and not an actual child. If they did, mayor shame on Lucasfilm, especially after what happened to Jake Lloyd.

As has been noted, Enfys Nest and her gang aren’t villains. More like a group of masked mercenaries/freedom fighters who are working with the Rebellion. Also, I don’t believe it’s ever stated in the film how old Enfys Nest is. The actress believed to be playing her is in her twenties. Seriously though, that the character is a young woman is WHY she wears the mask to hide her identity in the first place. If you’ve been keeping up with the spoilers, how did you not pick up on that?

I addressed the first part in my above post. She may not be a villain in the context of the film, but she's certainly being advertised as one. Heck, they even have a Western-style standoff, with Enfys Nest being in the villain role against the protagonist.

I did pick up on that, but again, I'm not talking about the context of the final movie. For the record, I actually have no problem with this story-wise. In a bubble there's no reason why this couldn't or shouldn't happen.

What I have a problem with is the way they're marketing this. People are expecting to see Han go up against an awesome gunslinging gangster who's on-par with someone like Boba Fett. (This isn't just fans having unrealistic expectations, the trailers are literally telling us that's what we're going to see if we buy a ticket). A lot of people are going to be ticked off that the cool gangster turns out to be a teen girl.

Enfys Nest being a teenage girl is such a dumb idea. Not because having a teen girl is bad in a Star Wars movie (although they should tread carefully given the past reception to children and teens in past SW movies), but because they intentionally kept the character's identity secret.

Can you imagine the outrage when fans discover that the menacing-looking villain from the trailers is a 16-year-old? If you want to have a character who's a teen girl just put her in the movie. This reveal just seems like it's asking for trouble. This kind of thing really makes me think that Lucasfilm is intentionally poking the fanbase with a stick at this point.
You mean the surprise is suppose to be a surprise? No way. :o

Han and Qi’ra reunite with Vos, only to learn that Beckett has betrayed them and informed Vos of their plan in exchange for the money. Beckett escapes, while Han and Qi’ra kill Vos and his men. Han chases Beckett back to Saraven, but Qi’ra refuses to follow him because she has “done too much to go back”. After he leaves, she reports to her real employer - Darth Maul.

In Saraven, Han and Beckett get into a standoff. Han shoots first, killing Beckett. Han leaves the fuel with the Cloud Riders, who give them to the Rebel Alliance. He then tracks down Lando and challenges him to a rematch. Han steals Lando’s cheat card and wins the Millennium Falcon in a fair game. Han and Chewbacca then decide to go to Tatooine to meet the gangster that Beckett was indebted to, who has a job offer for them.

So Qi'ra is still alive and kicking at the end right? I heard from the leak that the character was left very open for sequels.

Btw I don't see a certain someone's posts because I put him on my Ignore list since the release of BatB but it seems that it vastly improves my enjoyment in this thread.

Someone who has (supposedly) seen the movie is answering questions on Reddit. Apparently a character in the movie has killed Aurra Sing offscreen. Way to waste a fan-favorite character Lucasfilm.

I don't think you'll find too many people here who care about Aurra Sing

Aurra Sing was never that classic or iconic a character. We are talking about someone who had a brief cameo in Phantom Menace and no lines to speak of. They made her a character in Clone Wars and gave her a few stories.

At least this sort of actually settles what happened to her. I still want to know what happened to Cad Bane.

She was pretty popular with fans, probably more so with the EU crowd. I'd say she was almost as well-liked as the ESB bounty hunters. Killing her offscreen just seems kind of like a spit-in-the-face to people who liked her. Could have at least killed her in a cartoon or novel.

Pretty sure Roose, myself and Vile are all Star Wars fans. None of us seem bothered. Ventress was the major character from TCW in that regard.

Pretty sure Roose, myself and Vile are all Star Wars fans. None of us seem bothered. Ventress was the major character from TCW in that regard.

Obviously none of you are fans of that character, at least not big enough fans to care. People who like Aurra Sing are going to be disappointed. Would you be upset if they killed, say, Ahsoka, offscreen through an offhand reference?

Obviously none of you are fans of that character, at least not big enough fans to care. People who like Aurra Sing are going to be disappointed. Would you be upset if they killed, say, Ahsoka, offscreen through an offhand reference?
No, I'd love it. I hate Ahsoka. My only regret would not being able to see it. Like how Ezra robbed me of that on Rebels.

Aurra Sing was never that classic or iconic a character. We are talking about someone who had a brief cameo in Phantom Menace and no lines to speak of. They made her a character in Clone Wars and gave her a few stories.

At least this sort of actually settles what happened to her. I still want to know what happened to Cad Bane.

I think that clip Filoni showed at Celebration was meant to be how Cad Bane died. Don't know if that's still the original intention or not, but that's my guess.

I think that clip Filoni showed at Celebration was meant to be how Cad Bane died. Don't know if that's still the original intention or not, but that's my guess.

I think the point was to show how Boba Fett got the famous dent in his current Mandalorian helmet. We don't see the aftermath of the clip. And that episode was never completed and released anyway. Doesn't really count as Cad Bane's "death."

I don't think any unreleased material is hard canon, and I'd love to see Cad Bane in live action.

I think the point was to show how Boba Fett got the famous dent in his current Mandalorian helmet. We don't see the aftermath of the clip. And that episode was never completed and released anyway. Doesn't really count as Cad Bane's "death."

I think Boba got the dent in his helmet and I think Cad got a headshot, or whatever the Cartoon Network equvilant of that would be. It hasn't been released officially, but I figure within Lucasfilm itself they consider it canon. Filoni's said before that he considers all the scripts they wrote for TCW to be canon in some form, as we saw with the Siege of Mandalore.

*Chuckles* Aurra Sing, seriously? :woot:

She's about as D-list as it gets, who cares? That'd be like a Clone Wars fan getting up-in-arms about killing off Gerrera in R1.

She was just there as a design that looked cool in Episode 1, and expanded from there in the EU and still pretty minor in Clone Wars.

Last edited:
Aurra Sing had all the fleshing out her character needed in TCW. I'm not too bothered if she died off screen. We will probably get the story about that in a comic or novel eventually anyway.

*Chuckles* Aurra Sing, seriously? :woot:

She's about as D-list as it gets, who cares? That'd be like a Clone Wars fan getting up-in-arms about killing off Gerrera in R1.

She was just there as a design that looked cool in Episode 1, and expanded from there in the EU and still pretty minor in Clone Wars.

The difference is that Saw Gerrera had a role in the story and an actual death scene. That's a lot different than killing a character through an easter egg reference. Just seems disrespectful to the fans who like the character, unless the mention is actually necessary to the story.

Got this from a reliable source:

In Corellia, Han (Alden Ehrenreich) and Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) steal a fuel pod to bribe their way into an Imperial transport and escape from mobsters to whom they are indebted. Qi’ra is captured, and Han is forced to enlist in the Imperial Academy to escape. He is determined to return to Corellia to rescue Qi’ra. The recruiter names him “Han Solo”.

Three years later, Han is stationed in Mimban, where he meets a group of criminals led by Tobias Beckett (Woody Harrelson), who are masquerading as Imperial officers to steal fuel pods. Han wants to join them, but they frame him for attempted desertion, and he is arrested. In prison, Han befriends Chewbacca and they escape together and are recruited by Beckett.

Beckett and his crew attempt to steal the fuel pods from a train, but are ambushed by Enfys Nest and the Cloud Riders. Everyone dies aside from Han, Chewbacca and Beckett, and Han loses the fuel pods. Beckett is indebted to “a gangster from Tatooine” and approaches Corellian mobster Dryden Vos (Paul Bettany) for a loan. Vos agrees in exchange for Beckett stealing the unstable fuel source from Kessel. Han reunites with Qi’ra, who is now Vos’ lover. She joins the crew as Vos’ representative.

Han meets smuggler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover) and his droid companion L3-37 (Phoebe Waller Bridge), and gambles with Lando for the Millennium Falcon. Lando wins by cheating, but later joins the crew in exchange for a cut of Vos’ profits. They reach Kessel by performing the perilous Kessel Run, and retrieve the fuel source from Empire-controlled underground mines, filled with enslaved Wookies and droids. Chewbacca and L3-37 lead an uprising, resulting in a massive shootout with Imperial forces, during which L3-37 is destroyed and Lando is injured. Han and Chewbacca pilot with Millennium Falcon, performing the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, and escape from the Empire.

The crew goes to a refinery in Saraven to process the fuel source into fuel pods, where they are once again confronted by the Cloud Riders. Lando escapes in the Millennium Falcon. The Cloud Riders are freedom fighters who want to prevent the fuel from falling into the hands of the organized crime. Han and Qi’ra sympathize with them and conspire to deliver fake fuel pods to Vos. Beckett fakes his death and leaves.

Han and Qi’ra reunite with Vos, only to learn that Beckett has betrayed them and informed Vos of their plan in exchange for the money. Beckett escapes, while Han and Qi’ra kill Vos and his men. Han chases Beckett back to Saraven, but Qi’ra refuses to follow him because she has “done too much to go back”. After he leaves, she reports to her real employer - Darth Maul.

In Saraven, Han and Beckett get into a standoff. Han shoots first, killing Beckett. Han leaves the fuel with the Cloud Riders, who give them to the Rebel Alliance. He then tracks down Lando and challenges him to a rematch. Han steals Lando’s cheat card and wins the Millennium Falcon in a fair game. Han and Chewbacca then decide to go to Tatooine to meet the gangster that Beckett was indebted to, who has a job offer for them.

Did anyone verify whether or not these are actually true?

Maybe it is, Grootster. It might be building up a rep for one of the gangster villains, mentioning they've killed her as a previous job.

After leaving the Empire, shouldn't Han's first priority be to get rid of the name that they gave him? Aside from the fact that he's deserter, he's also a smuggler acting against the Empire. Why would he keep that name for the rest of his life, it's not like he has an emotional attachment to it anyway?

Well maybe that's why he doesn't want to have anything to do with the Empire in ANH?
But yeah I see your logics. I don't know. If you dig that way, there's a lot of inconsistencies in Star Wars. It's the same for the Skywalker name on Tatooine etc. Star Wars is like that. This one doesn't bother me a bit (assuming it is one).

And if he's a deserter, wether he changes his name or not isn't important, I guess the Empire must have a picture or whatever recording of him anyway so he's screwed.
In my opinion, you don't have to think too much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"