Son of Dream Team League (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With week 6 finally in the books, the Magic Numbers are now posted.

And Jailbait has already clinched their playoff spot. :cmad:

:D

:cmad:

Ok, who's everyone rooting for in the World Cup?

Because this USA-Ghana game is heart-pounding. :eek:

I pulled Slovakia out in the work syndicate...

But I feel tomorrow is gonna be disappointing for England.

I have to hope Mexico loses tomorrow so my friends at work don't give me **** about the US. :(

Dream Team League Application

Screen Name:
Byrd Man

Co-Owner Screen Name (if applicable): N/A

Team Name: The Bad News Byrds

Major Rules:

• <LI itxtvisited="1">Teams consist of 5 characters; 2 Ubers, 1 Medium, 2 Regulars (think Superman & Thor, Aquaman & Vision, Batman & Spider-Man). <LI itxtvisited="1">Characters can come from mainstream Marvel and DC universes including Vertigo and Wildstorm. No Amalgam. <LI itxtvisited="1">Characters above a certain power level are considered too uber and are banned from use. The Silver Surfer and Green Lanterns are towards the top of legal characters. <LI itxtvisited="1">You can carry a roster of 12 characters to build your team from. <LI itxtvisited="1">Each week you will write a match of how your team will defeat your opponent's team. <LI itxtvisited="1">Your teams are allowed 24 hours of prep-time on the battlefield before the fight where they get to see the pictures and names of their opponents. No using any outside resources during prep-time they wouldn't normally have access to. <LI itxtvisited="1">You will have 2 days and 2 posts to write your prep-time (if any) and battle. Then you will have 1 day and 1 post to write a rebuttal to your opponent. <LI itxtvisited="1">Then there will be 2 days for readers to vote for who they are most convinced to win. <LI itxtvisited="1">Then there will be a 2 day break to rest and plan the next week's lineups. <LI itxtvisited="1">The season will start with a draft, so you will need to create a draft list of potential characters for you team's roster. <LI itxtvisited="1">You must be willing to commit to at least 12-14 weeks of play. <LI itxtvisited="1">There will be at least two bye weeks without play to rest. Extra days for writing and voting may be granted for holidays. <LI itxtvisited="1">Occasional theme weeks will occur throughout the season to spice things up (special battlegrounds, mind-swapping, regulars only, etc...) <LI itxtvisited="1">In all matters, final decision rests solely with the Commissioner and are final.
  • Sign your screen name here to indicate you have read and agree to these, and all other, rules: Sir William James Ezekiel Byrd McManus III Esquire
What can you bring to the game (two full sentences, minimum):
Well, I'm a four-year vet of the Hype RPGs and I've been told I'm a decent writer. I'm a comic book fan and love superheroes. I also think I have one of the better posting records in the RPGs and can bring a solid player to the DTL.

What days are you most likely to be able to write and read (weekends only, weekdays only, any day, specific days, etc...): Any day.

vfi2l4.jpg

Byrd is approved!

So, just go to the Transactions thread and post your new roster and team name. If GL is cool with it (which he better be :cmad) I'll let you two work out your lineups for the week 8 battle.

Hey! It's Byrd Man. We've role played a time or two.

Take it how you like.

Can someone explain to be what the DTL is?
What it's rules are and all that kind of stuff.
It looks interesting, but I'm confused.

Hmm... maybe a good way to go about it is to first go to one of our battle threads like THIS one. The first post gives the battle rules as far as how that all works. That's the majority of the DTL right there. Go through it and see how people write their write ups, then when debating is announced they debate, then when voting starts we vote. The person with the highest votes win.

As for the teams and characters, there's more to that but I unfortunately don't have time to really explain it at the moment.

Unfortunately we are full at the moment but we're only a few weeks away from finishing this season. I'm sure after that if we have another season there will be room for newcomers. We always like to see new blood around here. I know I'll likely be dropping out after this season due to how busy my own personal life is becoming. I love it, but I can't do it for long unfortunately.

Also, if you check out the Rankings thread, there's a post with the bulk of the rules and how everything plays out.

Not included in the rules though regularly practiced is the kissing of wiegeabo's feet at lest twice a day.

Ah see thats where i've been going wrong...I got an email but it had a typo...it said 'P****** on wiegeabo's feet'

explains why hes always angry with me :p

The practice has been amended to include monetary gratuity as an alternative. :)

Finished Blackest Night and I have to say it was Brilliant...

There are some artists works which were brilliant...wouldve loved to see Ed Mcguinness pencil some issues cos I love his artwork but I was a particular fan of Ivan Reis...he seems to like drawing the females in particular wearing next to nothing and have the stereotypical super models bodies...

I thought some of the spin offs were good but others I got abit bored with...but I did like the whole series in general...

I've just started on with Brightest Day and Im also working through Red Hulk story arc although I dont think ive got all the issues cos im missing things in the arc im sure of it....does anyone know what the full chronological order of the red hulk story line?

After ive finished these im gonna work through Dark Reign, Civil war, Onslaught Saga and Infinite Crisis...

Hulk 1-12
Incredible Hulk 600
Hulk 13-17

That's the main part for just the Red Hulk aspect. Now if you want a full Hulk world read going on simoultaneously to Hulk 1-12 is Skaar: Son of Hulk 1-12 I think (through Planet Skaar). Then that story continues starting in Incredible Hulk 601-605 which runs simoultaneously to Hulk 13-17. There's also a Savage She-Hulk mini going on in that time period, and Skaar: Son of Hulk becomes Son of Hulk for issues 13-17 I think which follows some tangent of the book not dealing with the main character. This continues into Realm of Kings: Son of Hulk mini... all of which takes place also during the Hulk 13-17 timeperiod.

Then once you finish all that, or all of that you wish to read, read the two oneshots Fall of the Hulks: Alpha and Fall of the Hulks Gamma. Those then continue in Hulk 18 and Incredible Hulk 606 and the issues kinda go back and forth in a big crossover from there to current and will continue to do so for about another two or three months when it all is considered wrapped. There's also other Fall of Hulks minis (Red Hulk, She-Hulks, and Hulk Out Heroes) but I didn't read them so I'm not sure where they fall. But they aren't detrimental to the story if you wanted to skip them.

Also, when you get to the other stuff let me know and I can lay them out for you. I may not be able to help with Civil War due to my losing my original read order for that, but the rest I can help you with.

And I'm glad you liked Blackest Night. I loved that storyline despite some other people's being unhappy with it. My favorite part was the Green Lantern issues dealing with Spectre. I thought that was Phenominal.

My favourite parts where some of the spin offs such as Catwoman and Hawk and Dove...

I also loved the point when every lantern across the universe turned up and worked together...

I thought Scarecrow as a member of Sinestro Corps was good. I think he would be a very dangerous guy in that Corp...They should consider writing him as a permanent guy...if anyone can instill great fear, he is it...

I agree. I hated when they got rid of his ring. I didn't read Catwoman or Hawk and Dove, but I did read the Batman mini, Phantom Stranger, and Atom & Hawkman. Batman was alright but the other two were really good.

Ok, we had the discussion before about votes versus points determining matches, and I switched the way it was done because there was no conflict between the two. Well, it's time to bring it up again because, for the first time this season, the two are in direct conflict.

In our week 7 match, Green Lantern is beating me in votes 2-1. But, in points, we're tied 18-18.

So, where does everyone stand on which should be used?

I think votes should win over points because despite how well people think you did, two out of three believe that Green Lantern should win. I just think the people should count more than the votes.

I agree. I hated when they got rid of his ring. I didn't read Catwoman or Hawk and Dove, but I did read the Batman mini, Phantom Stranger, and Atom & Hawkman. Batman was alright but the other two were really good.

Some of the spin offs were good. Very violent...There was one about the wild west and it featured Dr.Light and showed how he died...

And then there were some boring ones like Black Adam and Superman Prime...

You should check a few out. Catwoman especially cos it has black skull confronted by Catwoman as he's feasting on Firestorms girlfriends head...

Where is everyone?

The DTL has been very quiet for about a week now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"