World Eddie Brock's Club house part 2

I agree that when he was created his reasons for hating Peter/Spider-man was weak. But,if I'm not mistaken,in the comics didn't Lex Luthor start hating Superman because he lost all his hair? lol I think over the years,Venom/Brock's motivations have become alot better and so has the character. For example,in shows like Spectacular Spider-man and even(in bits)in Spider-man 3. But I also think you could say that Eddie was never of sound mind to begin with,and the symbiote just made him more nuts and evil. It gave Eddie great power,but it also tortured him in many ways. Not everyone who commits evil has a legitimate reason for what they do,or at least a sane one. They are driven by forces or reasons that are beyond understanding. You can't make sense out of insanity. That's how I look at Eddie Brock. A man who suffered from depression,self hatred and had a huge chip on his shoulder. When you combine that personality with an evil symbiote then that makes for a truly twisted and monsterous monster.

The symbiote travel sequence sounds cool, but I would have liked some sizable details. Honestly, I don't want a Venom solo movie as much as I love the character (awesome DVD animated flicks? YES) Unless you set it up, it's just not going to work, and even then I feel like it's a tricky and uphill battle. you would have to carefully balance out Brock's hate for Spider-man with the urge to "protect" those around him and such.

After SM3, I am really fine with not seeing either Venom or Carnage on the big screen. They will only screw it up; the only thing worse than Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock would be Jaime Fox playing Eddie Brock, or God forbid, Carnage. That sort of level of upset, my gastric lining can do without.

Oh, yeah, there's no way a character can be done a second time in a movie. God forbid they gave us Bane a 2nd time in a later movie, since the 1st Bane was horrible.

A second appearance would be great, if done right.

But they wont do it right; they will give us a "reimagination" just like how ASM2 is about to give us a "reimagination" of Electro that has little, if anything, to do with the actual 616 character.

IMO Venom and his motivations are too "adult" and too scary to be palatable to the audience that the studios are seeking for these films. Venom done right would scare little kids, not to mention how kids would feel about Carnage. These are actually horror-themed characters. I would be fine with Venom presented in a hard R-rated film; but we will never, ever get that.

And that is a real shame.

A second appearance would be great, if done right.

But they wont do it right; they will give us a "reimagination" just like how ASM2 is about to give us a "reimagination" of Electro that has little, if anything, to do with the actual 616 character.

IMO Venom and his motivations are too "adult" and too scary to be palatable to the audience that the studios are seeking for these films. Venom done right would scare little kids, not to mention how kids would feel about Carnage. These are actually horror-themed characters. I would be fine with Venom presented in a hard R-rated film; but we will never, ever get that.

And that is a real shame.

I couldn't agree more. Venom's story was the first one I ever read that had an adult feel to it. His motivations were personal, and that made him seem more real and threatening. Moreover, the reader could understand, at least on some level, Eddie Brock's anger at life. It made him three-dimensional.

Likewise, Carnage was something I had never seen in a mainsteam comic. He had no motivation other than joyous love of suffering. That's not Saturday morning cartoon fare, and he had an interesting built-in feud with his "father". It could make for a monumental movie if someone gave it a chance.

I've always gotten the same vibe from Venom,and even Carnage. After all,they both look more like horror film characters than comic book villains. And even when I watch the cartoons they appeared(the 90's and SSM),you could see they made Venom a bit more kid friendly than he was probably intended to be.

Hello all! Been a while since I posted here! :D So what do you all think of the notion of a Venom reboot of sorts in the new Spiderman movies, honestly I'm all for it, or do you think that the writers shouldn't touch that with a 10 foot poll?

Astrø;25964621 said:
Hello all! Been a while since I posted here! :D So what do you all think of the notion of a Venom reboot of sorts in the new Spiderman movies, honestly I'm all for it, or do you think that the writers shouldn't touch that with a 10 foot poll?

I want to see him again in this new series. I love Raimi's series,but he obviously got screwed over in part 3. So did the symbiote for that matter. Of course,he needs to be darker,complex and scarier,as does the whole symbiote storyline. I'd rather they introduce him in a Spidey film,have him live and then do the spinoff they've been planning.

If they do have him in another film then I'd like to see the story changed around a bit. Like with this new series,maybe Eddie's parents could've somehow been involved with Oscorp and Peter's parents,and Eddie seeks Peter out to help him find the truth. They become friends,but when the symbiote gets involved they turn against each other and Peter does something to anger Eddie,then he becomes Venom;etc. Kinda like what the Ultimate storyline is,but I'm not sure I'd like to see the symbiote as some kind of cancer suit. Maybe it could be just an Oscorp experiment gone wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"