Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they going to get the symbiote's personality right? The Venom symbiote itself is both emotionally unstable and emotionally needy. (Similarly the Carnage symbiote is bloodthirsty and lacks any sense of morality while the Toxin symbiote is aggressive yet heroic and Scorn is loyal and dutiful.) Symbiotes have minds of their own and choose their own hosts based on similar traits.

Last edited:
+
The Journalism angle is being adhered to.
Tom Hardy seems to have garnered a sort of personality about the character not easy to see but really brought.
Venom looks good

-
/QUOTE]

Yeah. I like what it looks like they're doing with Brock. He's not the muscle headed Jerk of the comics and at the same time he's not the creepy mirror version of Peter that Topher Grace was.

His Brock seems like a much stronger contrast from what he when he is Venom. Its an interesting angle to play it from imo.

Pros:
Venoms design (texture, height, teeth, eyes, tongue)
Venoms voice
Eddie arguing with venom
The tendrils

Cons:
No chest spider reveal
Cookie cutter plot as it seems
No chest spider reveal
No indication of the actual villain
No chest spider reveal
Bad editing/awkward dialogue
No chest spider reveal

Isn’t Riz Ahmed the villain?

I'm sorta feelin it after this most recent trailer. I have at least a shred of hope for the film.

CGI needs work, the trailer was pretty dumb, but Hardy seems to be killin it (as we may have expected) the voice and look for Venom is a'ight.

I especially feel comfortable knowing we'll have seen Holland's Spidey 3 times before his potential cameo in this. Far better ratio than the DCEU's or TASM's escalation. Superman once before he dies? Spider-Man twice before the sinister six?

Last edited:
Tom Hardy and low rent Tom Hardy both got similar kind of movies...

rCCQHYm.gif

lW23409.gif

rCCQHYm.gif

lW23409.gif

Oh wow. Both talking to voices in their "heads" as well. Upgrade looks A little more interesting too so far.

rCCQHYm.gif

lW23409.gif

That's no way to refer to the star of one of the most iconic moments in television history...

[YT]saEzQcayEPM[/YT]

Grace Randolph says it reminds her of "old comic book movies", citing Darkman in particular, which, yeah, it does have certain things in common, like the struggle of personalities, but I'm trying to figure out what other "old comic book movies" could this be compared to. The first Blade, maybe? I kinda' see a 90's New Line-comic book movie feel to this. I definitely get 80's horror gems-vibes like The Fly, An American Werewolf In London, Scanners, Lifeforce, Prince of Darkness and Christine.

Not sure how comfortable I am with the story of the symbiote bonding with Brock having not known or met Spidey. I hope they get around that and bring Holland into the equation somehow.

I love the Venom voice and when he says WE ARE VENOM. Hggnn take my money now.

This has become my second most anticipated movie of the year now after Halloween.

Looks much better in HD. I wonder if Hardy did the Venom voice?

Sounds like Tony Todd, lol.

Not sure how comfortable I am with the story of the symbiote bonding with Brock having not known or met Spidey. I hope they get around that and bring Holland into the equation somehow.

I could see it going to Brock, then Peter, then back to Brock

Of course I'd just prefer Spidey to have it first, but I'd actually be perfectly ok with that ^ scenario too if that's how they end up doing it

Okay... I am glad we actually got to see Venom this time, and he seems comic book accurate on the surface level (the design looks spot on and they got the split personality thing in there).

Outside of that... not really digging it. Hardy's performance looks terrible. The plot feels like a spiritual successor to the Amazing Spider-Man movies with a big corporation doing evil experiments on everyone. CGI looks awful. Feels early 2000s terrible superhero movie bad.

And honestly, if Spider-Man was really connected to this why would they make a big secret out of it? Why would they hide it? If it was connected to MCU Spider-Man especially, Sony would be throwing it in our faces not hiding it from us (look at how they marketed Homecoming with a billion trailers showing Tony Stark in every one of them to drive home that it was MCU Spider-Man).

Here’s how I see it, if this movie is a success I could see Feige maybe been more open to the idea of that crossover. Here’s just an idea of a story they could do you have the symbiote attach itself to Peter Parker, let’s say somehow it had detached itself from Eddie Brock and then have Brock come back for it. This way you can still play out a similar story to the well known origin but in this version Brock has already been Venom. Personally given the liberties the MCU has taken with some other characters/stories I don’t see the big deal of it not been attached to Peter first. I know this is a Sont production but that’s provably why they won’t get as much leeway from fans as the MCU have. For me the film looks that damn good I don’t even care that it hasn’t had anything to do with Spider-Man first.

It’s not bad I can see the comparisons to early comic book films but it’s sont on they’re own so what do you expect, still looking forward to seeing venom done well and hopefully carnage and a tease of scream

As for any connection I think we need to accept venom is not part of the mcu and any hope of a spidey connection isn’t happening which is a shame

I thought this trailer was really good, venom looks good, vardys performance seems top notch.

Given me more hope after that awful teaser we got.

As long as I get to see venom and carnage go at it, I'm good.

I'm digging Tom in the role. But, maybe, yeah - how about we just leave Venom to comics and cartoons? His design is just not translating well to live-action film.

What I thought earlier was the spider-logo on his chest appears now to be just veins. So I'm taking it he doesn't have it at all, that includes he doesn't have organic web-shooters either. Just uses tentacles.

Definitely a better trailer than last time. He needs to nom someone though

I actually liked the trailer very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"