Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it won't. Because he'll be older, more mature, and be able to accept his dad was in a crappy movie. Happens to the best actors. As a kid, he won't care. He'll just be jazzed to see his dad play Venom. Which is why Hardy did it in the first place.

Win win.
30 years from now: "WOW, dad, I'm glad you did this for me, but how did it get so much out of hand? Movie is excrement"

And?

I want Venom as a Spidey villain done properly, not a anti-hero on his own right away.
It might be like Netflix stuff "The Avengers happened", and no connection beside that.

Looks like it could be a dumb fun time but I am not gonna pay to see it. Avi Arad can go **** himself. That dialogue throughout the trailer was ooof.

This looks terrible. Bargain bin bad.

Dje3ZHWVAAAstw7.jpg

Honestly the potential for hilariously bad dialogue is going to make me watch it. Not Tom Hardy's acting, like I thought it would, because.....oh no Tom :funny:

That’s easily the best poster.

rs_540x224-180731074439-venom-gif-1.gif

Those special effects tho. :funny:

for the most part I enjoyed the trailer i'd give it a 7/10, but the part that most I'm interested in was the line Eddie Brock said his powers weren't completely awful.
I think there is might be something to explore there and it shows that the movie might have a level of extra nuance. I'm hoping this turns out well but there were some pretty rough dialogue in here. I don't understand Tom Hardy is doing with his accent/voice.

That's actually a pretty great poster.

rs_540x224-180731074439-venom-gif-1.gif

Those special effects tho. :funny:

I actually...don't understand :funny: The way Eddie changes, doesn't his eyes and mouth change? Like in that moment in trailer where he looks like Bilbo Baggins when he tried to snatch the ring form Frodo? :funny: Here it looks like it wraps itself on his face, already formed

I actually...don't understand :funny: The way Eddie changes, doesn't his eyes and mouth change? Like in that moment in trailer where he looks like Bilbo Baggins when he tried to snatch the ring form Frodo? :funny: Here it looks like it wraps itself on his face, already formed

Tfw you don't understand what the heck is going on and everything seems outta whack
hQET79Dc_o.jpg

30 years from now: "WOW, dad, I'm glad you did this for me. I see now its not a good movie, but at the time it was the greatest experience for me seeing my dad play Venom. Thank you for a very happy childhood experience"

Fixed.

I think Sony should have really gone bold and pulled the rug from under us by having this take place in Tobey's Spiderman world. Imagine at the end of the trailer, instead of the turd bit, we saw Venom about to eat someone and you hear "Eddie, stop!" He turns around there Maguire is, visibly older, maybe with a beard but not in his Spidey suit. And then you just heard Venom go "Paarkerrrrr"

I have no real affinity for the character but having read Spidey during his initial introduction as well as the early spin off mini series... I'm sorry this looks like Venom to me. And yes that includes all the moments fans are calling "cringe". The tongue action, the weirdness of how this works (Is Eddie changed by the symbiote or is it just like a suit?) the voice and yes even the over the top dialogue... I'm seeing Venom as I remember him. Thing is... I didn't like it then so I'm not seeing a reason to like it now. But I question long time fans' reaction to it all because, well... Venom was never this great character to begin with. What's shown in the trailer is to a large part the distillation of why the character was popular in the first place in my view. Venom's always been over the top cheesy stupid so why wouldn't a movie based on him be over the top cheesy stupid? If someone thinks there is deep and resonant story elements from his post Spidey solo series to be adapted or bring into the film fine, but having read a lot of that stuff I would disagree any of that was every particularly good in any way.

^Haven't you heard what some comments on youtube said? "Venom is the only good thing to come out of Spider-Man".
Time to believe the depth of Venom, I'm in awe of what an amazing character we have there.
Hopefully, the son stays this polite to his father. :yay:

Last edited:
I have no real affinity for the character but having read Spidey during his initial introduction as well as the early spin off mini series... I'm sorry this looks like Venom to me. And yes that includes all the moments fans are calling "cringe". The tongue action, the weirdness of how this works (Is Eddie changed by the symbiote or is it just like a suit?) the voice and yes even the over the top dialogue... I'm seeing Venom as I remember him. Thing is... I didn't like it then so I'm not seeing a reason to like it now. But I question long time fans' reaction to it all because, well... Venom was never this great character to begin with. What's shown in the trailer is to a large part the distillation of why the character was popular in the first place in my view. Venom's always been over the top cheesy stupid so why wouldn't a movie based on him be over the top cheesy stupid? If someone thinks there is deep and resonant story elements from his post Spidey solo series to be adapted or bring into the film fine, but having read a lot of that stuff I would disagree any of that was every particularly good in any way.

This post is basically spot on.

This movie is going to suck. The question is how will it suck. Will it be Ghost Rider, so stupid it's enjoyable or will it just be boring and standard bad.

This movie is going to suck. The question is how will it suck. Will it be Ghost Rider, so stupid it's enjoyable or will it just be boring and standard bad.

The latter by the look of it.

That doesn't justify the excuse to make a bad movie. But I agree with you, Venom isn't a deep character, and a Venom film doesn't need to be the most deep, reverent type of movie. Those who demand an uber serious Venom movie are kidding themselves and it's something a 15 year old would want. You can make it silly in a fun, enjoyable but in a high quality way. This just looks like they took some good attributes of Venom, not essentials, and made them crap.

My problem is they're doing away the essentials. What makes the character to begin with. His connection to Spider-Man. He comes from Spider-Man. Which is... pretty important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"