Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 4

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Thread Manager, Aug 1, 2018.

1. SM71 bending unit

Well his son would be older now, so maybe he would be more down for an R-rated outing this time? :p

I was personally down and ok with them pushing a hard PG-13, but can't deny fully R-rated would be awesome

2. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

I honestly can't see how you can do a character like Carnage in a PG-13 rating, but hey, it's Avi Arad so.

3. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

He sucks people souls and stuff them inside urns for a mad sorcerer who thinks it's a good idea to let loose a mad demon on the world.

Or do like 90s comics which were pretty PG-13 and introduced the character anyway, just don't show his brutality to graphic extent.

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

While I am intrigued about what Serkis gives us, I do think I will miss Fleischer behind the camera. Watched the first movie again the other night and it’s just entertaining as hell. Love the Zombieland movies also.

SM71 likes this.
  5. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Glad, that this movie is featuring a different director.

6. Schlosser85 Registered

Fleischer did absolutely nothing memorable with the first one, so I'll see what Serkis can bring to the table.

Sithborg likes this.
  7. shinlyle King of the Haters

Well, my daughter looked at me Saturday and just asked if we could watch Venom again. This movie (for me) is crazy rewatchable. I still find Eddie unlikable until he is contrasted with the symbiote, though.

Honestly, I hope that Serkis gives Hardy more free reign to explore Eddie's character and that we get a better connection between he and the symbiote. I'm just hoping for some fun, which is what I had with the last one.

Sithborg and SM71 like this.
  8. The Infernal Mky Mk

I tried re-watching Venom recently, but couldn't finish it. I switched it off when he was in the back of his ex's car arguing with Venom. I didn't find it funny, just insufferable.

9. SM71 bending unit

This. Agree with alll of this :up:

Absolutely not a perfect, or even great movie, but I had a ton of fun watching it, left the theater with a huge smile when it was over, and have also found it extremely rewatchable. It's just fun to me. Plain, pure, fun movie-watching

Most likely this second film will be quite different, but I hope, and am optimistic, it will be just as much fun

shinlyle likes this.
  10. Sithborg Registered

Hardy had input on the script, so good chances.

SM71 likes this.