Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 4

Hardy claimed he did the first one for his son (whatever dubious gift that is), so I don't really expect this to be an R-rated franchise.

Well his son would be older now, so maybe he would be more down for an R-rated outing this time? :p

I was personally down and ok with them pushing a hard PG-13, but can't deny fully R-rated would be awesome

I honestly can't see how you can do a character like Carnage in a PG-13 rating, but hey, it's Avi Arad so.

I honestly can't see how you can do a character like Carnage in a PG-13 rating, but hey, it's Avi Arad so.
He sucks people souls and stuff them inside urns for a mad sorcerer who thinks it's a good idea to let loose a mad demon on the world.

Or do like 90s comics which were pretty PG-13 and introduced the character anyway, just don't show his brutality to graphic extent.

While I am intrigued about what Serkis gives us, I do think I will miss Fleischer behind the camera. Watched the first movie again the other night and it’s just entertaining as hell. Love the Zombieland movies also.

Fleischer did absolutely nothing memorable with the first one, so I'll see what Serkis can bring to the table.

Well, my daughter looked at me Saturday and just asked if we could watch Venom again. This movie (for me) is crazy rewatchable. I still find Eddie unlikable until he is contrasted with the symbiote, though.

Honestly, I hope that Serkis gives Hardy more free reign to explore Eddie's character and that we get a better connection between he and the symbiote. I'm just hoping for some fun, which is what I had with the last one.

I tried re-watching Venom recently, but couldn't finish it. I switched it off when he was in the back of his ex's car arguing with Venom. I didn't find it funny, just insufferable.

Well, my daughter looked at me Saturday and just asked if we could watch Venom again. This movie (for me) is crazy rewatchable. I still find Eddie unlikable until he is contrasted with the symbiote, though.

Honestly, I hope that Serkis gives Hardy more free reign to explore Eddie's character and that we get a better connection between he and the symbiote. I'm just hoping for some fun, which is what I had with the last one.

This. Agree with alll of this :up:

Absolutely not a perfect, or even great movie, but I had a ton of fun watching it, left the theater with a huge smile when it was over, and have also found it extremely rewatchable. It's just fun to me. Plain, pure, fun movie-watching

Most likely this second film will be quite different, but I hope, and am optimistic, it will be just as much fun

Hardy had input on the script, so good chances.

I saw a rumor floating around that Sony is having Seth Rogen produce an animated R-rated Venom project in the wake of the Tom Hardy movies and Spiderverse both finishing up their trilogies. Could be interesting if true.

I saw a rumor floating around that Sony is having Seth Rogen produce an animated R-rated Venom project in the wake of the Tom Hardy movies and Spiderverse both finishing up their trilogies. Could be interesting if true.

Yeah, hopefully it's true.

I always find it funny when accounts like this report "this is officially happening" after the first rumors when it's still very much not official.
Maybe they'll be an official announcement later today from Variety or DiscussingFilm or something.

Maybe they'll be an official announcement later today from Variety or DiscussingFilm or something.
If there is, @SonyMarvelVerse on twitter is not gonna be in the know about it in advance. :whoops:

But anyway, Seth Rogen has been doing a pretty good job with his involvement recently with comicbook properties like The Boys, Invincible, and TMNT: Mutant Mayhem so this could be good if true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"