Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What influences the symbiote to take shape of something resembling Spider-Man this time?

tumblr_p7o8vgcf0S1x0bvwko1_540.gif

tumblr_p7o8vgcf0S1x0bvwko2_540.gif

tumblr_p7o8vgcf0S1x0bvwko3_540.gif

I don’t get the CG complaints at all I think he looks great

THIS should have been the first trailer. Liked this much more.

Dunno, fellas. I think it's gonna be fun.

What influences the symbiote to take shape of something resembling Spider-Man this time?

This is my main gripe if it's not addressed. Venom only looks like Venom because of Spider-man. If a Venom movie has no Spider-man, then why does Venom look like Venom?

I could see it going to Brock, then Peter, then back to Brock

Of course I'd just prefer Spidey to have it first, but I'd actually be perfectly ok with that ^ scenario too if that's how they end up doing it

I’d def be fine with this.

This is my main gripe if it's not addressed. Venom only looks like Venom because of Spider-man. If a Venom movie has no Spider-man, then why does Venom look like Venom?

I think Spider-Man is still in this somehow. We just don’t know in what capacity

Were there any rumors that Tom Holland will appear in this film? It feels like if it was the case, they would probably advertise the **** out of it...

As pointed out already, the Marvel logo at the start of the trailer said "In association with Marvel". Pretty much Marvel's way of saying "This has nothing to do with the MCU"

I don't know about you, guys, but I can't stop watching the trailer. Am I that desperate to watch something that isn't MCU or DCFU?

Also, I noticed two canisters. Riz Ahmed with the other symbiote is the villain?

I think this looks fine from the trailer. Nothing special, nothing terrible.

Trailer was better but didn't convince me this will be great. Also still doesn't squash the rumor that Hardy won't be "full" Venom for a majority of the film

The action sequence in which he's confronted by the henchman looks kind of choppy other than that the SFX are pretty good

Venom looks great, cant see any reson for complaints whatsoever.

Also, I noticed two canisters. Riz Ahmed with the other symbiote is the villain?
=================

no, he was mooted as going to play cletus but his role is different and someone else has been cast.

Should the quality of dialogue be scarier than the creature? :D

But the design looks good

I think Spider-Man is still in this somehow. We just don’t know in what capacity

Could it be that Spider-Man exists in this world and with as the trailer shows Eddie wants to use Venom to “defeat the bad guys”. Could it be that he models his look off Spider-Man because he’s aware of him? Or are some people just thinking way too much about it?

When it ultimately comes down to it that shouldn’t make or break a movie for someone and for me can be filed under fan nitpicks.

Could it be that Spider-Man exists in this world and with as the trailer shows Eddie wants to use Venom to “defeat the bad guys”. Could it be that he models his look off Spider-Man because he’s aware of him? Or are some people just thinking way too much about it?

When it ultimately comes down to it that shouldn’t make or break a movie for someone and for me can be filed under fan nitpicks.
This is pretty much my expectation. As Eddie wants to apply his powers somewhere, Spider-Man serves as some sort of inspiration if you like. So the symbiote mimics the hero in it's own twisted way.

At least, this is one solution that will probably satisfy me if they won't bring Holland into the film in any substantial way.

I honestly prefer the SM3 Venom design but that's just me.

Not sure how comfortable I am with the story of the symbiote bonding with Brock having not known or met Spidey. I hope they get around that and bring Holland into the equation somehow.

Honestly, it feels like having no connection to the Spider-Man is better than having them meet after Venom's established or Spider-Man having a small, unimportant role.

Anyway, this is a much improved trailer. I'm not entirely sold on having a Venom solo movie right now or on the movie itself, but we got a better sense of the plot and that shot of Venom. I do wonder if Venom himself is just the third act, but I love the Venom voice they're using.

Then prepare yourself for a mixture of disappointment and incredulity, my friend. I’m willing to bet quite heavily that there will be no Spider-man in the film at all, and Venom will just end up looking like Venom because that’s how Venom looks.

This is Sony, remember. The place where narrative logic and basic story intelligence come to die.

Yeah wow that trailer just screamed “Sony”.

The fact that most of this trailer is Tom Hardy using CG symbiote tendrils is just further evidence that Venom himself won’t be in this movie that much.

Yeah wow that trailer just screamed “Sony”.

The fact that most of this trailer is Tom Hardy using CG symbiote tendrils is just further evidence that Venom himself won’t be in this movie that much.

While I can think you may think that remember that was just a rumour and we haven’t seen the actual film. Add to that a lot of those shots at least to me looked as if they were close together so it may be that he doesn’t turn into full on Venom til say the hour mark which is pretty standard for superhero origin stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"