Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 4

And to think we all hated the concept of the first.

And to think we all hated the concept of the first.

yeah I reckon getting serkis has done a lot to change the perception. Plus the last one was plagued with reshoots because no one thought it could work but at least we know audiences are into it.

I’m looking forward to it. Can’t wait to see a first trailer.

Also it's been so long since Hardy was in something. Well he is in something right now but I don't know how many people watch that project (I don't wanna be more clear not to spoil things)

His performance in the first one is one of my favorite of his and it was a blast to see him in a fun role, so I'm thrilled he is doing more of this

According to a recent interview she gave For Black And Blue which can be found on YouTube, Naomie Harris’ says she is excited about the idea of working with Serbia and Harrelson but she is still in negotiations for the role.
Not a done deal yet.

After seeing and loving Zombieland 2 last night, it's a shame Fleischer isn't returning.

That being said, I am interested in seeing what Serkis can give us.

I wish Sony would take inspiration from Warner Bros ( Wow--I never thought I'd say that) and make Venom 2 R-rated like Joker.

Did they say it's going to be PG-13 again?

Hardy claimed he did the first one for his son (whatever dubious gift that is), so I don't really expect this to be an R-rated franchise.

Did they say it's going to be PG-13 again?

I'm guessing that it will be. With Venom going against his archenemy, this movie will be a possible billion-dollar affair, so I doubt Sony will recalculate the original formula too much.

Yeah, even after the Joker's success i seriously doubt Sony is gonna take the risk and go R-Rated for the sequel.

Anyway, movie is supposed to start filming this month right?
Tom Hardy posted a Venom/Carnage pic on instagram earlier today.

tq3sMeA.png

I can't wait to see how they will do Carnage without getting Spider-Man involved!

I'm watching this movie again, and it has obvious issues bogging it down heavily, but so far it doesn't seem to be worthy contender of one of the worst films of the decade, or even worst CBMs for that matter. I can name a number of terrible comic book movies from this decade that are obviously worse than this one.

I'm pleased to say I'm having a lot of fun watching this again, it's bad, but watchable and entertaining enough to make me glad I've put it on play again.

I'm watching this movie again, and it has obvious issues bogging it down heavily, but so far it doesn't seem to be worthy contender of one of the worst films of the decade, or even worst CBMs for that matter. I can name a number of terrible comic book movies from this decade that are obviously worse than this one.

I'm pleased to say I'm having a lot of fun watching this again, it's bad, but watchable and entertaining enough to make me glad I've put it on play again.

It really grows on you. If you can get past the "No Spider-Man" part of it, and you can accept it for what it is, then it's fun. Not GREAT, but a fun hour and a half with a big monster Venom NOT played by Topher freakin' Grace...which is a good thing. Honestly, rewatching it just reminds me that the symbiote was my favorite character in the film.

It really grows on you. If you can get past the "No Spider-Man" part of it, and you can accept it for what it is, then it's fun. Not GREAT, but a fun hour and a half with a big monster Venom NOT played by Topher freakin' Grace...which is a good thing. Honestly, rewatching it just reminds me that the symbiote was my favorite character in the film.
I love Topher Grace as Venom, he had so much fun in that role it rubbed on me.

I love Topher Grace as Venom, he had so much fun in that role it rubbed on me.

I'm glad you liked it. I like to think there was a LOT of his character development left on the cutting room floor, personally. The comic tie-in and the video game both added a lot to his motivations.
-Abducting Sandman's daughter to get him to fight Spider-Man
-His obsession with Gwen delved into more...(coffee= dating = girl he wants to marry someday, plus seeing Peter with a girl he only ever had coffee with sets him off)...could have been explained and made him more ominous or menacing...since Topher isn't physically intimidating to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"