The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Soundtrack for TASM2

don´t get me wrong i liked Horner score a lot but i say in an hypothetical way , if Horner doesn´t come back who would you pick to do ASM 2 score ?

Is this thread also for the score?

I loved the emotional side of the score but they should do better on action bits

I thought the action bits where spot on. IMO, Spideys hero theme was brilliant.

I really hope Horner comes back to continue and expand his score for this franchise :)

I liked Horner's score as well and seeing how Webb was talking praise about him, I'd expect him to return. If for nothing else than continuity, he should.

Yeah I liked the score for this movie.
James should return to keep the consistency. Maybe they can hire someone else if they continue after the trilogy, for example with Harry Potter they changed the composer to suit the tone of the movies.

The emotional aspect of Horner's score is the real strength. I didn't take to his action cues as much, but I did enjoy the main theme rendition played during 'Promises - End Titles'.

I saw and heard nothing bad from TASM soundtrack, i liked even more than Raimi Spider-Man movie soundtrack. I mean in Raimi movie we almost never heard any soundtrack... only in action scenes but that was all...

I did like the music in The Amazing Spider-Man, but I did feel it needed to be a bit more suspenseful and thrilling in the Lizard fights rather than "whimsical" or "light-hearted" which is what it felt like to me. My favourite part of the soundtrack was A) when Peter ran from the thugs before falling into the wrestling ring and B) when the cranes gave way for him, and he began epic swinging :p

The main theme has certainly grown on me and actually fits the character of Spidey VERY well. But other than that, there was some very questionable choices made in terms of score throughout the film.

Such as the Lizard breaking into Oscorp... lol

I liked Horner experimenting with the music of TASM, but the theme was atrocious. At least it wasn't non-existant, but it was terrible. I hope he comes back (probably), but changes the theme (unlikely).

1.-Mute this video and pause it
[YT]WuR9pynvSXA[/YT]

2.-let me music start playing
[YT]e4EqjvnWfRM#![/YT]
3.-at 00:11 of the song click play in the video
4.- unmute the first video @00:46

it fits...:woot:

That works far too well

Ugh, I hated the music in TASM! Someone needs to bring back Elfman because his main theme IS Spider-man to me, even though I don't really love the Raimi films. I know it's impossible, but I'm just saying.

Ugh, I hated the music in TASM! Someone needs to bring back Elfman because his main theme IS Spider-man to me, even though I don't really love the Raimi films. I know it's impossible, but I'm just saying.

there was no music in raimi spiderman at all...

I loved James Horner's music, especially Spider-Man's main theme, I don't want any other composer. I want him to finish the entire trilogy. NO to Danny Elfman returning!

I would love Horner to come back (with the same theme of Promises and Becoming Spider-Man, awesome themes) but, if he can't or won't come back, I would choose Michael Giacchino, he's my favourite composer right now.
Beautiful main themes, great tension themes, great action themes and lovely love themes. His soundtracks of "Lost" and "Up" elevates him into an sphere of awesomeness.

But, as I said, if Horner comes back, I would be pleased.

Creator said:
NO to Danny Elfman returning!

Amen to that.

The songs in the movie is not something I'm worried about, Marc Webb has an splendid taste in music (as seen in TASM and (500) Days of Summer).

Last edited:
Please no mashing of piano keys for the tense scene in ASM 2. Okay, James? :)

I was watching Apollo 13 the other day and noticed the score was really similar to TASM's.
Lo and behold Horner composed the same films...

[YT]pblRAO6J8iQ[/YT]

[YT]hj6Tmm90tOE[/YT]

[YT]tgU1HzqtX-E[/YT]

still think this composer could do a great job with Spidey, you know modern feel

Last edited:
John Murphy would be a good choice. Murphy did the Kick ash, 28 Days Later and Sunshine scores which were great.

One of the few things I actually really liked about the first movie, the music choices and Horner's score.

i admit the main theme is ok but this:

[YT]tE9e_2yHhI8[/YT]

barney_stinson_2_by_spiffyspikespet-d33tuja.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back