Pros and Cons so far

Dragon said:
Ideally the third act is 30 minutes. But that doesn't always work out.

Ulitmately- it's art, not science. What I'm presenting is the classic outline- referred to as a paradigm.

To go more into detail using Spidey 1 & 2-

Spidey 1 Act 1: Set-up- Intro of all important characters. Creation of the scenario around which the film's action takes place- (Birth of Spidey & The Goblin/ Peter's unrequited love for MJ)

Spidey 2 Act 1: Set-Up- re-intro of main characters/ Intro new main characters- (Birth of Doc Ock/ Peter & MJ still separated but want to be together)

Spidey 1 Act: 2 Confrontation- Establish conflict- Spidey & Goblin become adversaries/ Peter in competition with Harry for MJ)

Then there's the midpoint: MJ & Harry break-up/ Goblin learns Peter's ID

Act 2 ends with Aunt May being attacked/ Osborn learning of Peter's love for MJ/ MJ is kidnapped. Peter's in a position of defeat.

Spidey 2 Act 2: Confrontation- Conflict- Spidey and Ock become adversaries/ Peter loses his powers (Conflict with himself/Uncle Ben)/ peter tries to reconnect with MJ.

Midpoint: Peter realizes he must become Spider-Man again. MJ is kidnapped.

Act 2 ends with Train fight/ Spidey defeated and unmasked/ MJ and the city in peril. Peter again in a position of defeat.

Spidey 1 Act 3: The resolution: Every relevant story is concluded. Showdown with Goblin/Osborn dies/ MJ reveals her love for Peter. / Peter resigns to a life of duty over happiness.

Spidey 2 Act 3: Peter regroups/ Goes after and defeats Ock/ Ock destroys reactor/ Peter lets MJ go/ MJ decides to be with Peter.

Again it's not always perfect, but that's more or less how it works.

That is the general rule of thumb, but as you said it's not always perfect.

Spidey 2 clearly set its acts. The beginning (before giving up as Spidey), the middle (life without Spidey), the end (a return to Spidey).

However it shakes out, I'm not really concerned. I'd be pleased with a lot of Venom in the film, and I will be equally pleased if it's a long buildup with Venom coming near the end. As long as they don't rush Venom in at the expense of other characters' stories, I'll be happy.

To be honest, I think that Sandman as Uncle Ben's killer will just be like what happens in the Ultimate comics.

Peter has the suit on and thinks that Sandman was the killer but isn't........and he goes completely and ultimately crazy.

The Amazing Lee said:
To be honest, I think that Sandman as Uncle Ben's killer will just be like what happens in the Ultimate comics.

Peter has the suit on and thinks that Sandman was the killer but isn't........and he goes completely and ultimately crazy.

Pun. :D

I didn't even see that. :O

The power of the pun is far stronger than I could ever imagine!

Pro
Black suit spidey(hope its all black)
Eddie Brock
GG2
Gwen

Con
10 min of Venom(who knows)
Gunna have to wait tell next summer to see
Drop Sandman more Venom
MJ's death?! NO!

pros:

same cast/crew returns with strong additions (topher, church, howard, and cromwell)
classic old-school baddie to pester spidey in ways not seen in first 2 movies
the MFing BLACK COSTUME

cons:
black costume is off "traditional" look (although it could change throughout the film)
too many villains? GG2?/venom doesn't deserve to share the baddie spotlight
BDH and topher are good actors, but why introduce gwen & eddie now?
sandman fx could end up being variation of T-1000 or The Mummy

that being said, raimi is the man and i'm more confident in this movie than SR when it was in production

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"