Spider-Man: Edge of Time - Part 4

My favorite part of SD was actually 2099. If I wanted to play all Noir...I'd just play Batman: Arkham __________.

I liked the Noir sections in the beginning, but after a while, I couldn't stand it anymore.

Other than 616 iv always loved 2099. Thats the only Spider-Man that i wouldn't mind having a full game of, out side of 616 of course.

I thought the Noir levels were among the most interesting segments. I loved playing as Spidey 2099, but I really disliked the environment and enemies. Those were the weakest in the game.

I thought the Noir levels were among the most interesting segments. I loved playing as Spidey 2099, but I really disliked the environment and enemies. Those were the weakest in the game.

Yea i didn't care for the enemies either in 2099. Iv just always liked the look of O'Hara.

I liked the Noir sections in the beginning, but after a while, I couldn't stand it anymore.

The Noir levels were a nice breakup from the other three though. 2099, Amazing, and Ultimate were all pretty much straight ahead beat-em up type attacks so it was a good change of pace to be able to go into the 'stealth' mode.

For those who played it, how varied is the enviroment of the game?
Does it look so ''industrial'' for the entire game?

For those who played it, how varied is the enviroment of the game?
Does it look so ''industrial'' for the entire game?

Yes, it does. There is one section of the game that looks slightly different and thats because theres a few trees. The environments are one of the reasons the game is so damn boring.

My favorite part of SD was actually 2099. If I wanted to play all Noir...I'd just play Batman: Arkham __________.

Really? I hated it everything about it. Terrible bosses, environments always looked the same, enemies were lame, etc.

Most reviewers didn't dig 2099 either. Well, I know PSM hated it.

Yes, it does. There is one section of the game that looks slightly different and thats because theres a few trees. The environments are one of the reasons the game is so damn boring.

I must be easily entertained or something cause I wasn't bored by the game at all. I do remember this one room where you could look out a large window and see the manhattan city scape sprawling outwards...oh God, how I wish I could have somehow broken through that window and just swung around man! Just swinging...ah, glorious :up:

That's one of the things I feared and predicted since they mentioned the game would take place just in that building. A shame.

Spidey really shouldn't be constricted to just one place.

thats a shame bc one of the things I loved about SD was the varied environments. I thought the Amazing and Ultimate Universe had the best environments bc of that. I loved the colorful, diverse scenery

I must be easily entertained or something cause I wasn't bored by the game at all. I do remember this one room where you could look out a large window and see the manhattan city scape sprawling outwards...oh God, how I wish I could have somehow broken through that window and just swung around man! Just swinging...ah, glorious :up:

Oh, yea, i mean there are some great looking areas, but after the first 30 min, you've seen them all. This game was the same exact thing over and over and over again.

thats a shame bc one of the things I loved about SD was the varied environments. I thought the Amazing and Ultimate Universe had the best environments bc of that. I loved the colorful, diverse scenery

Yea, this is deff worse in the variety dept.

So apparently my cousin played and beat the game and basically told me the story of this game (Surprise surprise Walker Slone (Val Killmer) is nothing more than a red-herring the real villain of the story is none other than [blackout]Peter Parker of 2099[/blackout]). And in his opinion he thought Shattered Dimension was better game. Mainly because their was no really time restraint challenges, also that the detailed of the open area of the different worlds made it much more exciting rather than going though a massive gauntlet in a building that became repetitive way to fast in Edge of Time .

For anyone who played this all the way though can you can confirm this ?

Last edited:
Just a little tid bit of info that I thought I could mention. Sorry if this has been discussed prior.

On the main menu screen for EoT there are several options to choose from such as, New game, Continue game, Web of challenges, Upgrades, Bonus Gallery, etc. There is one option that says VIP Unlock Codes.

Then, across the top of that main menu, in a scrolling news bar format, it says to "stay tuned to herohq.com for info regarding the VIP Unlock Codes for additional in game content." If you go to HeroHQ.com's Facebook page you'll find that they are keeping a tight lip on it but will releasing that info soon.

It's a longshot probably, but it'd be cool to see them release some more 'gameplay' type content such as additional maps, more bosses to encounter, arenas, etc. Anything to help add to the replay.

So apparently my cousin played and beat the game and basically told me the story of this game. And in his opinion he thought Shattered Dimension was better game. Mainly because their was no really time restraint challenges, also that the detailed of the open area of the different worlds made it much more exciting rather than going though a massive gauntlet in a building that became repetitive way to fast in Edge of Time .

For anyone who played this all the way though can you can confirm this ?

Only you can confirm your opinion on the game. Talk to ProjectPat and he's gonna tell you it's "damn boring" but talk to me and I'll tell you it's "some good fun." There's no blanket answer for your question.

One thing that I didn't care for in Shattered Dimensions was how Spider-Man 2099 was characterized. I was really happy playing Edge of Time how in-character he was, and that is no surprise coming from Peter David himself. Always reffering to himself as Miggy, saying shock all the time :woot:, his password being Lyla, being mostly totally serious the whole time with a deadpan sense of humor, I just loved the attention to detail with his character this time around.

Last edited:
the ending to Edge of Time was so lame :dry:
the final boss battle was pretty cool though.

Only you can confirm your opinion on the game. Talk to ProjectPat and he's gonna tell you it's "damn boring" but talk to me and I'll tell you it's "some good fun." There's no blanket answer for your question.

He said their were some good moments the spider-sense, spider-speed and combat were greatly improved, However the web-slinging still hasn't been perfected to the right setting.

Apparently he also said the enemies or obstacles kept respawning much like the atrocious saga Iron Man games and he found that to be very annoying.

He also hated the boss battles with the four villains (The most annoying for him was Black Cat and her clones)

The only praise he had for the game was the voice casting of our favorite spidey voice (Christopher Daniel Barnes) and Josh Keaton.

Last edited:
the web slinging is used little to none, and seems pretty pointless.

The only praise he had for the game was the voice casting of our favorite spidey voice (Christopher Daniel Barnes) and Josh Keaton.

Thats about the only thing its good for. Some of the animations looks cool and the cinematics look good but thats it.

Thats about the only thing its good for. Some of the animations looks cool and the cinematics look good but thats it.

Well if that's the case I won't even bother to purchase this until it's only sale for $ 19.99 at either Gamestop or Best Buy next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"