Spider-Man: Edge of Time - Part 4

IA with some of the points dtud makes. It does suck for someone that had and sold the game. Knowing that was there might have been an incentive to keep it longer. Id be upset if I got rid of it and they probably should have announced this around the time of game's release

Generally when DLC is released, it is stuff that had to be cut to get the game out in time, or something similar. Map packs for example, yes we all know they are coming. But they probably aren't done yet. Yes we know Batman is getting DLC, but it isn't done yet.

The two DLC packs that were released for Assassin's Creed 2, Bonfire of the Vanities and Battle of Forli was going to be included in the game at first, but was cut due to time constraints. Then after the game was out they finished the two cut episodes and released them as DLC. (Now whether or not we should have to pay for stuff like that is another discussion.)

This new stuff for EoT have been there all the time, then why not let us play it? I'm not saying people can't be excited for it, it's great that they are making it available. I just think that on disc dlc is lame as hell. Of course there is the bright spot that it's free but it's still lame.

This whole console generation have been this way, and unsubstantial dlc is the ****ing worst.

While I don't generally care about review scores as long as I enjoy a game. Activision and Beenox certainly does. Bad reviews put people off from buying a game, good reviews generally garner more sales. I for one still haven't bought EoT because of the scores. I'm not gonna fork over 70 bucks (yes, thatis what it costs here) for a mediocre game with six hours of content. Even if I would find it enjoyable.

And Spidey needs all the good scores he can get, contrary to what you may believe his games doesn't sell that well. Sure they sell enough to make their money back, last time I checked Shattered Dimensions didn't break the one million mark, and Edge of Time is probably never gonna get near it.

So basically what you are saying is that you haven't even bought the game, yet you are complaining about the fact that they didn't tell you about some content that was on a disc that was there all along that just happens to also be on a disc that you don't even own. Priceless.

Last edited:
IA with some of the points dtud makes. It does suck for someone that had and sold the game. Knowing that was there might have been an incentive to keep it longer. Id be upset if I got rid of it and they probably should have announced this around the time of game's release

I agree with some of what Dtud said as well but you're wrong about one thing. They DID make it known that they were going to be releasing more content for the game. Under the main title screen there is a heading for "VIP Unlock Codes." Under that category it clearly states, "stay tuned to HeroHQ for additional in game content to be released soon."

I'm not sure how much more clear they could have been but anyone with proper vision could have seen this information. If you followed up on HeroHQ, there is plenty of info about the fact that they were releasing DLC. First came a couple of suits and now a nice bonus of the arena mode. There may even be more than what has been mentioned. Who knows. For someone to argue that they bought the game and then took it back and NOW are upset that this bonus stuff is being announced, well, those people are just being ridiculous. If they had been patient they wouldn't have any reason to be upset. And besides, Dtud, even after all his arguing, doesn't even own the game. Silly.

Anyway, I hope the arena mode turns out great. I don't have the game but might buy it if it includes some classic bosses!

So basically what you are saying is that you haven't even bought the game, yet you are complaining about the fact that they didn't tell you about some content that was on a disc that was there all along that just happens to also be on a disc that you don't even own. Priceless.

I do believe that is what I'm saying, yes. It obviously haven't affected me, and I've never pretended that it had, or said that I owned the game. In fact I have stated numerous times that I don't own the game. (Throughout the thread, mind you.) That doesn't mean that this isn't a shoddy business tactic that needs to stop. And this hasn't been a tirade against EoT and EoT only, just me expressing dissatisfaction with all the publishers that act this way.

I could see this being a unlock code in a similar vein to Catwomen in Akrham City to prevent used sales, but alas it isn't so thats out of the window anyway. But hey, at leasts its free and when I eventually buy it I will probably try it out.

Just ordered this game for $10 and preparing for it. Is there a code to unlock all costumes? I looked on Gamefaqs and I only saw 2, one for Big Time and the other for FF. Nothing for the rest or a universal one for all? Id rather have the choice of choosing what I want as I go as opposed to going through the hassle of doing the specific requirements.

Also did this game have DLC and what did it entail? How much if there was?

Just ordered this game for $10 and preparing for it. Is there a code to unlock all costumes? I looked on Gamefaqs and I only saw 2, one for Big Time and the other for FF. Nothing for the rest or a universal one for all? Id rather have the choice of choosing what I want as I go as opposed to going through the hassle of doing the specific requirements.

Also did this game have DLC and what did it entail? How much if there was?

Only 2 codes? The VIP codes listed there unlock some extra ones. Your saved game from Shattered Dimensions should unlock some more. Beyond that, you'll have to grind through to get some. Good luck with that, though.

As for DLC, just a four-skin pack based on the "Identity Crisis" costumes from that storyline. Unfortunately, Activision has not released it on PSN/Xbox Live, and I doubt they will now.

I got the platinum in this game this morning and traded it in. Some thoughts on it:

Its NOT as bad as people made it out to be. Far from best Spidey game but it definetly isnt a horrible title. Id probably give it a 7 or 7.5

Actually didnt mind it being all in one building as I initially thought I would.

No classic villians? About the closest is Anti-Venom and he's relatively new.

I didnt like how simplistic the combat system and levelling was.

TONS of costumes. Probably more than in any other game. They seemed to get all the big ones and then some

I didnt like the constant banter between the Spidermen. Not so much the dialogue but it happened too often and kept cutting and slowing the action and you couldnt skip that. It got irritating

Whoever decided to throw in so many free fall segments, ugh! Those were by far the hardest parts for me and there were too many of them

Whoever decided to throw in so many free fall segments, ugh! Those were by far the hardest parts for me and there were too many of them
They were ok imo, but that one with the elevator is pretty stupid, how many curves and turns does the elevator take falling down without twisting? :funny:

I didn't think EoT was a poorly made game, but it was just so dreadfully boring. I was physically drained after playing that. The boredom sucked all my energy out.

EoT simply suffered from a short development time frame. I think the premise of the game was a good one so with more time it could have become much more interesting...such as including the ability to make choices about how to handle certain events and thus creating different outcomes in the future. That would have given the the game more substance and replayability too since you could make one set of choices during a playthrough and then change it up during the next.

Also, it wasn't until a week after this game's release that we learned about ASM. And in the coming months came to find out that the majority of the Beenox studio had been working on that game while only a small portion of their studio was working on EoT.

I didn't think EoT was a poorly made game, but it was just so dreadfully boring. I was physically drained after playing that. The boredom sucked all my energy out.
too repetitive? Too much of it was enter a room, use Spidey sense to fight the one guy with the key while ignoring the rest , open door and move to next room. Rinse rather and repeat. I actually enjoyed the game more as I played it but yeah there wasnt much variety to be found

Just started playing this I as got it when one of the video stores in my area closed. Almost got everything in Shattered dimensions and have been bouncing back and forth between the two. I like SD more than EOT. The fighting and movement are alot more fluid. This just seems lacking.

too repetitive? Too much of it was enter a room, use Spidey sense to fight the one guy with the key while ignoring the rest , open door and move to next room. Rinse rather and repeat. I actually enjoyed the game more as I played it but yeah there wasnt much variety to be found

Yea the repetition killed it. It was also the visuals. I just got bored of looking at the same thing after the 3rd hour or so. I also didn't find the combat to be any fun, but outside of USM i never liked any of the combat in the spidey games, until ASM.

The only thing i really liked about the game was Keaton and CDB. Beenox knows how to cast a great Spidey.

Another issue I had with this was the load times. Man were those awful. Several seconds just to go to pause and go to the various menus was awful. That should have been instantaneous

Another issue I had with this was the load times. Man were those awful. Several seconds just to go to pause and go to the various menus was awful. That should have been instantaneous

Yea the load times in ASM can be kinda bad as well. Even with the game installed to the HDD

Yea the load times in ASM can be kinda bad as well. Even with the game installed to the HDD
Jaw dropping
Didn't face that issue with EoT, or not as far as I recall, and I played this game twice
But ASM will probably be played over 10 times, this bugs will be more painful than they should

Jaw dropping
Didn't face that issue with EoT, or not as far as I recall, and I played this game twice
But ASM will probably be played over 10 times, this bugs will be more painful than they should

They aren't that bad. Just a little on the long side.

Jaw dropping
It loads the game to pause and go into the menus. EoT was really bad about that. It reminded me of the first Xmen Legends game

EOT had some serious potential, with Peter David on board, and a real faithful take on Spidey 2099, but the game itself was a letdown.

I really liked Edge of Time. It was short and kind of repetetive but being grounded in the comics saved it for me. The worst thing about it was that everything was either orange or blue. I have faith in the EoT team going forward atleast.

Well I just beat this one. I really liked it too. It has the best story of any Spidey game and I personally loved the banter between Parker and O'Hara. Josh Keaton is the best VA to ever tackle him.

From a game standpoint it's pretty uninspired and bland, but it's short enough to the point where it doesn't get dragged out too much. I actually think some of the ideas about Quantum... whatever it is were really cool. I'd give this game a very positive 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"