Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

I was hyped for the movie. Thought asm was decent. I think fanboys like us hated the film while the GA didn’t seem to care anymore about Spider-Man or his world. The mcu was growing at the time and Sony kept making the character uninteresting to the GA. Forcing a universe just made them not care even more. You got maybe a hand full at the most that like what Sony did but the majority of us hated it.

To be honest. Asm2 got a lot of hate during its promotion. So many mcu fans kept saying give it back to marvel, and this look like a video game without seeing the film. The franchise was at a very bad place. Spider-Man is stable now and I hope it stays that way.

I was lying to myself when TASM2 came out, trying to bargain away all the trash in it by saying "Spidey was fun and the costume was nice, Gwen was good, I liked the score, the movie looked nice, Gwen's death though" until I finally accepted how it was just really bad and I was trying to avoid that realization haha. I still do enjoy those things about it but now with Spidey having had better cinematic luck since I can watch TASM2 and laugh about it instead of bargaining with myself because the movies were going down the toilet. :oldrazz:

I was lying to myself when TASM2 came out, trying to bargain away all the trash in it by saying "Spidey was fun and the costume was nice, Gwen was good, I liked the score, the movie looked nice, Gwen's death though" until I finally accepted how it was just really bad and I was trying to avoid that realization haha. I still do enjoy those things about it but now with Spidey having had better cinematic luck since I can watch TASM2 and laugh about it instead of bargaining with myself because the movies were going down the toilet. :oldrazz:

Same here. I remember being underwhelmed by tasm but still saying I liked it cause I’m a fan of Spider-Man. Then asm2 trailers were shown and they gave away the entire plot of the story with each trailer and I remember thinking how stupid it all looked. But I still tried to get hyped. It was all we had. I thought this was as good as it was gonna get.

I’m shocked they haven’t announced the female lead for this film. The one that is supposed to be Jessica Drew...

There's no way Marvel allow films they have no creative control over into the MCU, that would be asking for trouble.

When people say this i think people tend to forget that the TV shows and the films don't have the same creative people involved for the most part. Feige does the films and someone else does the shows and they likely don't communicate very well. so what we currently have is a mishmash disconnection of Agents of shield, ghostrider, inhumans, daredevil and several others, with Captain america,iron man, thor, black panther, ect ect and because there is so much there if you added the sonyverse to that group in a similar fashion to the films and the shows then it probably wouldn't be a huge deal to them.

Obviously, it depends how well Venom does as most assume venom is gonna flop but we can't say for sure about that.

I’m shocked they haven’t announced the female lead for this film. The one that is supposed to be Jessica Drew...

So they are gonna draw out the MJ thing abit longer while Peter has love interest number 2?

They haven't even officially announced Jake Gyllenhaal yet and we know he's in the movie. They are probably waiting for the official press release and synopsis.

Last edited:
I actually hate TASM more than TASM2 lol. At least 2 is bad in an interesting way, TASM is just a dreary bore imo.

Same. TASM is not aggressively bad but it lands like a sleeping pill on me. It feels like a drawn-out, unnecessarily elaborate way of retreading familiar ground.

I felt nothing after seeing TASM which is worse... because I would still think about the dumb moments in TASM2.

Same. TASM is not aggressively bad but it lands like a sleeping pill on me. It feels like a drawn-out, unnecessarily elaborate way of retreading familiar ground.

Exactly. At least in TASM2 they were attempting to go deeper into the mythos, and, even though it's still awful, it's at least never dull. TASM is still the worst Spidey film to me because it did the one thing a Spidey film should NEVER do - it BORED me.

Same here. I was bored with peter. I was bored with his parents and relationship. I didn’t care. I didn’t care when Gwen died. He was just a boring character. That’s why you had idiots coming out of the wood work saying peter was a boring character based on the asm series. Like Sony hit the character hard

Same here. I was bored with peter. I was bored with his parents and relationship. I didn’t care. I didn’t care when Gwen died. He was just a boring character. That’s why you had idiots coming out of the wood work saying peter was a boring character based on the asm series. Like Sony hit the character hard

Also at least TASM2 looked nice for the most part. Parts of it looked like a cutscene, but the shots of NYC were genuinely gorgeous, and the suit and webswinging scenes were poppin'. TASM looked inexcusably ugly and TV-ish for a movie that allegedly expensive. They dropped the ball unforgivably hard on Lizard too.

Last edited:
TASM's budget also includes any money spent working on Raimi's Spider-Man 4, so the number is a lot higher than it should be.

That said you can tell they didn't spend much on that film. Every outside shot feels like a backlot and or stage.

TASM's budget also includes any money spent working on Raimi's Spider-Man 4, so the number is a lot higher than it should be.

That said you can tell they didn't spend much on that film. Every outside shot feels like a backlot and or stage.

They went the "dark, gritty, realistic" route, which also not so coincidentally means cheaper to produce, with a new, cheaper set of actors and a more obedient director. You can tell they didn't spend as much because the Lizard looks worse than Spider Smith from the 1998 Lost in Space movie.

Last edited:
Fanboys thy name is Hyperbole... Or vice versa.

LISspidersmith2-thumb-700xauto-193272.png

lost-in-spider.jpg

5008337-2928146170-the_a.png

amazing_spiderman_lizard.jpg

You don't have to like the design. Be hung up on it not having a "snout" but in no way was it executed as a VFX the way Spider Smith in the '98 LiS.

Fanboys thy name is Hyperbole... Or vice versa.

LISspidersmith2-thumb-700xauto-193272.png

lost-in-spider.jpg

5008337-2928146170-the_a.png

amazing_spiderman_lizard.jpg

You don't have to like the design. Be hung up on it not having a "snout" but in no way was it executed as a VFX the way Spider Smith in the '98 LiS.

Stop labeling my criticisms "fanboyism" and "hyperbole". I don't just hate the design, I hate the CGI used to render it as well, and I am NOT the only one who does.

Such a horrible design. Why they went with crazy naked ninja turtle looking man is beyond me.

Also at least TASM2 looked nice for the most part. Parts of it looked like a cutscene, but the shots of NYC were genuinely gorgeous, and the suit and webswinging scenes were poppin'. TASM looked inexcusably ugly and TV-ish for a movie that allegedly expensive. They dropped the ball unforgivably hard on Lizard too.

There is a scene in the film where he’s swinging and it looks so bad. It’s practical. I remember people saying it looked good at the con but it looked so stupid. The whole movie is just.... boring imo. That scene with the cranes it just..... idk it’s so silly. Why does he need cranes when he could of just as easily use the buildings that lead to the building he’s going to

There is a scene in the film where he’s swinging and it looks so bad. It’s practical. I remember people saying it looked good at the con but it looked so stupid. The whole movie is just.... boring imo. That scene with the cranes it just..... idk it’s so silly. Why does he need cranes when he could of just as easily use the buildings that lead to the building he’s going to

It is still the stupidest thing to happen in a Spider-Man movie, and I am including Dancing Peter, Sandman being Ben's killer, and even "light my candles".

Last edited:

More than boring. It's a total mess, imo.

because the Lizard looks worse than Spider Smith from the 1998 Lost in Space movie.

The CGI for the Lizard was actually pretty damn good. i mean the whole school fight was CGI and some of the detail and lighting on the lizard looks incredible

You saying he looks worse then Spider Smith seems very over dramatic.

I have a small bit of affection for TASM2. It put cool guy Spidey front and center, and that can't be worth nothing. The Jorge/bullies scene is gold. In the swinging scenes, in Peter's date, in Times Square, New York does indeed look great and you just want to live there. And ptui on what anyone says, Zimmer's score had good stuff. I like this, this and especially this, which is imo a pitch-perfect take on a theme that's young-feeling while still idealistic and old-fashioned heroic. It's not even an "overall ok" film and it's too often pretty bad, but I can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Last edited:
TASM felt like the entire film was shot inside a green screen room. The second film was more ambitious in terms of filming entirely in New York, but... outside of the swinging shots in the first act, it didn't matter.

I wonder how much New York City we will get in Far From Home? I feel like we will see some of it in the very beginning and end of the film.

The CGI for the Lizard was actually pretty damn good. i mean the whole school fight was CGI and some of the detail and lighting on the lizard looks incredible

Whatever, man

Stop labeling my criticisms "fanboyism" and "hyperbole". I don't just hate the design, I hate the CGI used to render it as well, and I am NOT the only one who does.

I mean....you were indeed being hyperbolic with your comparison. Like Krypton Inc said, it's ok if you don't like the design or the cgi used, but come on...it's leagues better than that Dr Smith CGI.

Agreed, I don't like the TASM films but I will admit that the CGI was decent if not pretty great at times, especially the school fight.

Sigh....I hope we get to see the Lizard again one day. :( He's one of my fav Spidey villains.

Last edited:
Does anyone think this film is building towards Sinister Six somehow? Or what do you guys think the main plot of this film will be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"