Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

If Holland can legally pull out of this third movie then I think he should. It would lead to Sony rebooting and if that movie doesn't work out then maybe Sony will go back to Disney and they can pick up where they left off with Holland. If Holland does the third non-MCU film, however, then I don't think we'll ever see this Spidey in the MCU again because Feige does not want to incorporate anything into the MCU that he is not directly involved with (and he would kind of have to do that with a third non-MCU Holland film).

That’s asking a lot of Holland to walk away from his dream role that he loves doing and also by far the biggest job he has.

Spider-Man 3 with Tom Holland will happen. That's where I stand with it.

That’s asking a lot of Holland to walk away from his dream role that he loves doing and also by far the biggest job he has.

I get that, especially because there's no guarantee that Sony and Disney will work it out in the future.

Yeah, but sometimes it's better to walk away before things go into the crapper. Like Keaton after Batman Returns.

My thinking is Rothman and/or Arad will muck this up. And at some point Holland will reenter the MCU as married High School science teacher Peter Parker.

Yeah, but sometimes it's better to walk away before things go into the crapper. Like Keaton after Batman Returns.

My thinking is Rothman and/or Arad will muck this up. And at some point Holland will reenter the MCU as married High School science teacher Peter Parker.

Right this very moment Arad is thinking of ways to shove Venom into the third movie.

Tom Holland Surprises D23 Days After 'Spider-Man' Divorce

Some fans briefly chanted "Save Spider-Man" as the actor took the stage alongside Chris Pratt to promote Pixar's 'Onward'.

Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Disney family, but Tom Holland is. The actor showed up at D23 Saturday to promote Pixar's Onward, where he took the stage next to co-star Chris Pratt.

"It's been a crazy week, but I want you to know I am grateful from the bottom of my heart and I love you 3,000," Holland said.

Right this very moment Arad is thinking of ways to shove Venom into the third movie.
More than likely it'll be the Sinister Six. Arad seems obsessed with seeing that fight on-screen even though the complete foundation for it haven't been set yet.

Spider-Man 3 with Tom Holland will happen. That's where I stand with it.

Yeah. The only reasons I could see Holland leaving would be if

A) He asks for a raise, and Sony or Rothman say no
or
B) The third solo script really sucks and he'd rather hit the ejector seat than return.
or
C) Sony is foolish enough to think that a reboot is a good idea at this point since they can't use the MCU or MCU characters.

Yeah. The only reasons I could see Holland leaving would be if

A) He asks for a raise, and Sony or Rothman say no
or
B) The third solo script really sucks and he'd rather hit the ejector seat than return.
or
C) Sony is foolish enough to think that a reboot is a good idea at this point since they can't use the MCU or MCU characters.

QKoQXb.gif

I see this all going away very soon, maybe in a couple months. Still, even if they dont settle and we get non-MCU Spider-man movies, is that such a bad thing? It'll be the same solo series continuity starring Tom Holland. If anything, it could be even better. The tone and direction would have to change slightly, which is a welcome change in my book.

Exclusive: Tom Holland opens up about Spider-Man's future in wake of Disney-Sony rift

“Basically, we’ve made five great movies,” Holland told EW. “It’s been five amazing years. I’ve had the time of my life. Who knows what the future holds? But all I know is that I’m going to continue playing Spider-Man and having the time of my life. It’s going to be so fun, however we choose to do it. The future for Spider-Man will be different, but it will be equally as awesome and amazing, and we’ll find new ways to make it even cooler.”

Feige also spoke to EW on Saturday about his reaction to the Spider-Man news. He served as producer on Holland’s two solo films and will not produce any future films for Sony.

“I’m feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy,” Feige told EW. “We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we’d be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I’ll always be thankful for that.”

"We told the story we wanted to tell".

Yea but you left Far From Home on a cliffhanger.

Both Holland and Feige's comments sound very....PR-conscious.
It's much better than the way Sony went all bull-in-a-china-shop with their PR. You can tell Feige is much more practiced at it and Holland has learned the Marvel way of doing things.

"We told the story we wanted to tell".

Yea but you left Far From Home on a cliffhanger.

Both Holland and Feige's comments sound very....PR-conscious.

I'm actually beginning to suspect that Feige may have already mapped out some rough plans and ideas for SM3 with Sony and SMTFFH writers before talks fell through.

That would certainly explain Sony's statement alluding to Feige setting out a path for them to follow ,and would further explain Sony's relative public confidence in moving forward with another film sans Disney. Just a theory.

It's much better than the way Sony went all bull-in-a-china-shop with their PR. You can tell Feige is much more practiced at it and Holland has learned the Marvel way of doing things.

I don't know if Sony's was really all that bull in the china shop in terms of statements. Fans mad at Sony may not have liked what Sony said, but it was pretty diplomatic to Feige and basically praised him and said they'd like to work with him again.

Sony basically hit Disney/Marvel for removing Feige and Feige's statement isn't slamming Sony.

That’s all it is. They can’t say their true feelings. They hate this as much as we

I just saw the actual video of Feige and Holland saying this on Instagram. At the risk of overanalyzing, Holland's eyes don't match his perpetually perky, chipper voice, plus he continually glances off to the side like he's looking at someone off camera for approval that he's saying all the right things.

“All I know is that I’m going to continue playing Spider-Man and having the time of my life. It’s going to be so fun, however we choose to do it"

MI2Pf2H.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"