Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' started by Thread Manager, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Speed Force

Speed Force Hope, help and compassion

I don't see how it would be in Sony's best interest at all if it means sharing some of the box office.

2. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Because Sony isn’t going to have the same quality and box office level on its own.

shinlyle likes this.
  3. Schlosser85

And Emilia Clarke being so obviously upset about what they did to Daenerys.

thangaran likes this.
  4. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Registered

Webfoot Hero likes this.
  5. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Exactly.

6. Galactus123

Galactus123 Registered

It feels like they have already accpeted that Spider-Man is out of MCU. I wonder if they are even trying to make a deal anymore?

7. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Registered

Spidey is abit of a cash cow.

8. Galactus123

Galactus123 Registered

That was great. :D

I would like that Spider-Man stays in MCU but I agree with this too. I didn't like the MCU references in the movies.

shinlyle likes this.
  9. thangaran

thangaran Registered

I love the concept of more solo driven city-based less MCU-reference type movies but with Sony behind the wheel there are huge chances it will be a complete train wreck. They took tons of talent and just screwed with it from the get go with the exception of SM 1-2; Maguire, Raimey, Garfield, Emma stone, Franco. So many talents all wasted with their interference and forced plot lines and crap.

Seeing Tom Holland in a stupid 90s style poorly written film with dark cinematography and horrible VFX battling with Hardy’s Venom is where it will go and it will be total crap. Then he’ll be featured in even more edge-lord Sony bull-manure with edge-lord extremis King Jared Letoker Morbius Leto. That will even be more crap.

Look at the ideas bounced around in the Sony emails. Those ideas add proof to the argument of doubting humanity’s capability to survive in the future. The most advanced scientific techniques wouldn’t be able to carve anything good from those horse **** ideas. They were clearly created under the influence of many substances (many of which are Sony execs injecting and smoking up the finest grounded camel dung powder on the market)

As much as I would love to see a NY based smartly written self-contained solo Spider-Man film, it won’t happen with Sony driving a drug-encrusted football-field sized granite wedge firmly into Spidey repeatedly from multiple directions and angles.

Schlosser85 likes this.
  10. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Registered

Not 10 billion worth of a cash cow

2-3 maybe

Hell Lucasfilm went for 4 billion and AT THE TIME it was worth more than spider-man and it has a 2 billion dollar movie released after that deal.

11. Schlosser85

Exactly why I don’t have much faith in continued success of this version of Spidey now that he’s under Sony’s full control.

Which, given how well-received Holland has been, and what a good ambassador for the studios and the MCU he’s been onscreen and off, anticipating him now being stuck in movies that are as beneath him as Venom was beneath Tom Hardy, is a damn shame.

thangaran likes this.
  12. Yellow Cyclone

Yellow Cyclone Pessimist

interesting to see how ROS does and if SW still has legs

$10B is obviously a lot of money but if you could lock holland down for at least another decade it would be a long-term investment, and certainly over time be worth an investment. Disney should've paid the $3B sony was asking after TASM2 failed

MahvelBaby! likes this.
  13. Frodo

Frodo Registered

I take a much different and longer view of this whole thing than most fans do. I was old enough to remember how Spiderman was caught up in the courts and how it seemed we would never get a Spiderman film in general, let alone one with him with an MCU.

Yeah, it sucks that Spiderman won't be in the MCU, and this is coming from someone who advocated for Spiderman to be rebooted after ASM 2 when alot of fanboys said that they couldn't do it, and that it wouldn't work.

At the same time, I agree with Feige. The fact that they were even able to agree to a deal to begin was rare in itself. I'm greatful that both studios did work together as long as they did . I would have loved for it to last decades but we got the films we got.

Its disappointing ,but not the end of the world though it is the end of Spidey being in the MCU world. General audiences love Holland's Spiderman ,and that's not gonna end just because he can't hang out with Thor. General audiences are invested in his Spiderman and that's the bottom line. They'll follow him without Tony Stark.

At this point, its up to fans to pressure Sony to make a good film, cause they aren't going to change their minds and give Disney 50% even with threats of boycotts from Fanboys. If you want to get on Sony, get on them so they don't run it into the ground.

14. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I think this is truly disappointing that after a wonderful accomplishment Spider-Man made . It's a tragedy that Sony pulled this stunt, poetic justice would be if they the film division is bought by Apple and by that accord the rights revert back to Marvel automatically.

15. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Honestly, there are several things that I'm feeling regarding this whole mess (none of them being good ones).

Granted, I wasn't the biggest fan of certain creative choices but I always had hoped that things would pay off in the long run with where they were taking Holland's Spider-Man in the MCU.

I never expected to see him become the next big leader of the Avengers because that's not who Spider-Man is. However, I did expect to see him eventually become one of the supporting pillars that would be identified alongside a select few when it came to being the face of the new generation of heroes that the MCU would bring up post their Infinity Saga.

Watching him grow into his own in a world filled with superheroes was always one of the biggest selling points for me with this incarnation of the character. So to take way that is just frustrating. I can't even begin to describe on how awkward it's going to feel and look when they try to make the next spider-man film and pretend that the world that Peter had been heavily integrated into for the past 5 years suddenly doesn't exist anymore. The next Spider-Man film just feels like a PR nightmare waiting to happen.

What's more upsetting is the folks in charge of Sony don't seem to have learned anything since making TASM 2. They just come in and decide to pull the pull when they feel like Spider-Man is at his best, believing that they can replicate that success on their own when everything that they've done says otherwise.

Honestly,, my interest in the MCU post Endgame was already wavering as it is but Spider-Man no longer in the picture, I feel like there's nothing left for me to look forward to in the larger MCU anymore. I guess I can't complain though since we all still have the Infinity Saga to look back on.

Schlosser85 likes this.
  16. Darkraid

Darkraid Registered

I think it will turn out alright just like the James Gunn fiasco

MahvelBaby! likes this.
  17. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Registered

Think they'd do 5 billion? Lol

18. Jordanstine

Jordanstine Registered

19. shinlyle

shinlyle King of the Haters

WHY does no one get this?! Would you rather have half of a billion dollars, or would you rather have 100% of 300 million? Pretty simple. Once Spidey is out of the MCU, the tie-ins, cameos, assists, and over-arching plots STOP, and we're left with just Spidey stuff. Now, that's fine, and it CAN be good, but without King Kevin there to pop Sony in the face, we end up with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Spider-Man 3....again. Rush things, never think it though, and make sure it's spectacle over substance and heart. That's the Sony way.

It's in their best interest to keep Spidey in the MCU. Even their star (who is all they have, now that the director may walk) has expressed disappointment. If Holland starts phoning it in, then we'll have a Superman 4 situation, where the star is all that's left, and the franchise dies.

Again.

Schlosser85 likes this.
  20. Schlosser85

Holland doesn’t really seem the type to start deliberately phoning it in, but he might find it hard to have the same level of enthusiasm. He was already unconvincingly trying to mask his disappointment and sound gung-ho in his statement with Feige where he looked like he was in a hostage video.

shinlyle and MahvelBaby! like this.
  21. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Registered

I'm sure they all pitched Spidey 3 but Tom Rothman in control now.

whatever Sony did to spider Man in the past was without this hack in control...we going X3 and X-Men origins up in this B now lmao

22. Schlosser85

It just sucks so much to be fully expecting Tom Holland to get stuck in a **** Sony-run movie and his whole version of Spidey run into the ground. What a waste.

shinlyle likes this.
  23. shinlyle

It reminds me of Spider-Man 1 and 2, when we had part 3 incoming. Everyone was hyped! The third installment was set up for greatness. Talk about a softball! Peter and MJ were a thing, Harry discovered his best friend was Spidey, AND that his father was the Goblin...and the third installment should have written itself as a conclusion to the best 2 superhero films of all time (at the time).

Here comes AVI!!

Movie stinks. Let's bring VENOM! AND SANDMAN! Harry can be handled, too.

Now, here we are with another 2 great movies, this time in the MCU, with the unmasking setting up some epic chase/action scenes with an on-the-run Peter Parker, and a bunch of established villains to use, and we can EASILY get a solid Spidey film.

Here comes SONY!!

Movie stinks. Let's bring VENOM! AND *insert villain(s) here! Also, we'll handle that unmasking thing.

Those who don't learn from history are destined to get jobs as high-up execs at Sony Pictures, apparently.

24. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

I don't know man. I'm pretty sure a Spider-man movie with Tom Holland will make at least 600 million. I don't know where you pulled that 300 million estimate from.
    Marvel's ask was pretty outrageous in my opinion. They already have all the billion dollar movies of the year minus Spider-man but even for that they get 5% of box office and merchandise money which is a lot more than what the movies make. Business wise Sony made the right call. This might end up in a disaster but I can't exactly be mad at Sony for doing this

Now I just hope they don't rush Spider-man vs Venom. Or preferably, I wish they never do Spider-man vs Venom.

shinlyle likes this.
  25. shinlyle

I was going from the Forbes article someone quoted that shows Sony's dwindling profits on the Spider-films. With Disney helping heavily with the promotion and production costs, there is far less risk.

It seems like the fans are the true losers in all of this. That being said, I liked Venom, but I have NO desire to see THAT Venom in a Spidey movie...simply because the amount of tomfoolery to get them on the same planet/universe/city and make the story make sense AND reconcile Venom's new origin with Spidey's now FORMER MCU life... it just makes my eyes cross.

Webfoot Hero and TheWallCrawler like this.