Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home ---- Official Box Office Prediction Thread

If this indeed makes 1b, which I think so far it seems to be in play, then one studio will make 3 movies in the billion club in a single calendar year... not sure if it is unprecedented but its crazy. Though income wise since this one goes mostly to Sony, MCU made more last year.

If this indeed makes 1b, which I think so far it seems to be in play, then one studio will make 3 movies in the billion club in a single calendar year... not sure if it is unprecedented but its crazy. Though income wise since this one goes mostly to Sony, MCU made more last year.

1 studio with 2 different distributors!

Even without FFH although Aladdin could come close ($815M), Disney has that in the bag this year with either Toy Story 4, Lion King, Frozen 2 and Star Wars. They could be at 7 this year.

Last year, Disney had Infinity War, Black Panther & Incredibles 2.

In 2016, Disney had Rogue One, Civil War, Finding Dory, Zootopia and was very close with Jungle Book.

That’s right the Disney domination continues.... I was thinking only MCU as a single studio. Next year could be a struggle by comparison so might enjoy while it lasts...

Spider-Man: Far From Home is a Sony movie. Not a Disney one. We can give Marvel Studios 3 billion dollar films potentially for the year if they make it there, but FFH won't count for Disney's BO year end.

If FFH does make it to $1B, it'll be only Sony's second movie to achieve that distinction after Skyfall. Which obviously, Sony no longer has the distribution rights to.

They could hope for an uptick in Jumanji 2 to get there.

Over under on the extension deal with Marvel studios for part 3 is already signed?

I really feel this could be a billion dollar movie maybe even 1.5 billion although Lion King might swallow everything up when it comes out.

I can't see this hitting 1.5 billion. That would be a massive BO increase for this series. I don't think any of hit even 900mil WW yet (though SM3 would be over that with inflation easily). I think $1 billion is in play, though not guaranteed. Depends on China, IMO. Most I could see is 1.1-1.2 billion.

It's also weird because I feel it's not going to have as huge as an OW because it's released on Tuesday.

It is kind of crazy to me that a spider-man movie has never hit a billion. Considering he is THEE most popular marvel hero. It goes to show you that the MCU is something really special because the supposed B-C tier heroes have all blown up to ridiculous levels of stardom.

Doesn't Walt Disney Studios done that like every year for like the last 5 years? As that encompasses everything Walt Disney releases, including Marvel, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation and LF? Will also now include 20th Century Fox.

It is kind of crazy to me that a spider-man movie has never hit a billion. Considering he is THEE most popular marvel hero. It goes to show you that the MCU is something really special because the supposed B-C tier heroes have all blown up to ridiculous levels of stardom.
To be fair, the first series of Spider-Man movies would have hit a billion in this market. Beyond inflation, the overseas boom did not happen until after Spider-Man 3.

9.2 on Maoyan!!!

Excellent news! :applaud

9.2 on Maoyan.
9.0 on Topiaopiao.
8.3 on Douban.

The chinese audience loved the movie.

If FFH does make it to $1B, it'll be only Sony's second movie to achieve that distinction after Skyfall. Which obviously, Sony no longer has the distribution rights to.
SKYFALL doesn’t count. That was a MGM/Eon production and Sony just distro’d. Sony’s highest grossing film in history is the last JUMANJI flick with somewhere in the $900M. Which is insane

With the audience loving this in China, I see it making more or coming close to what Captain Marvel did in China. If it does that, I think a Billion is guaranteed.

9.3 on Maoyan! Far From Home is currently tied with Aquaman for highest-rated superhero movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"