Homecoming Spider-Man MCU personality

I def can't wait to see how marvel handles his personality and traits. As Kevin has clearly shown he gets and understands the character.

Last edited:
Sounds like an ordinary teenager to me...minus the powers.

Exactly. An a**hole. Parker is a flawed human being. He's not some do gooding boy scout like Clark Kent or Steve Rogers. He can be petty, whiny, arrogant. If not for his uncle dying, he would have only used his powers for personal gain. Overcoming his flaws, striving for self improvement and learning from his mistakes is part of what makes the character admirable and relatable.

Spot on. To make him the goody two shoes would make him more like Saintly Clark Kent from Smallville.
Peter's more real than that. He's not an alien raised by saintly parents who tried to install good virtues into their Godly son, so that he may never use his powers in the wrong way.

Peter has to be more relatable to the flaws we share ourselves. That typical teenagers share.

Ya curious to see how they will handle it all in the teen age vs the adult heroes.

I hope he's shy and a bookworm and somewhat of a loner and a little awkward

Not someone who gets singled out or picked on , but mostly just someone who goes mostly unnoticed

I hope he's shy and a bookworm and somewhat of a loner and a little awkward

Not someone who gets singled out or picked on , but mostly just someone who goes mostly unnoticed

Oh please god no. No more shyness and awkwardness. We've already seen way too much of that from both Maguire and Garfield. Parker is witty, he's not some boring, tongue tied deer in the headlights. He's not Clark Kent.

Well you can say maybe he was somewhat shy pre bite but post bite he shouldn't be.

It would ultimately fill anyone with a surge of never before felt confidence.

Oh please god no. No more shyness and awkwardness. We've already seen way too much of that from both Maguire and Garfield. Parker is witty, he's not some boring, tongue tied deer in the headlights. He's not Clark Kent.
Garfield wasn't that shy. He was actually kind of cocky.

Garfield wasn't that shy. He was actually kind of cocky.

Yeah, true. He wasn't as bad as Maguire. Personality wise, I thought Parker/Spider-man was a lot better in the ASM series. The scene with him and Gwen where he talks about touching things up was a little awkward though.

Think about it.

You're a nerd. You're a child genius. You're quiet, which means some kids will like you, who are good kids themselves, while others will walk over you because they know they can.
You're an outsider, and with that, it's hard to interact with other social cliques. You're best pal, Harry Osborn, despite being rich, is also treat as an outsider by his school chums. But, Harry, through being rich, has something that you don't - friends and opportunities that money can be, and others will want a piece of that, and willingly allow him in places where you can't go.
You're good looking, but you hide behind glasses, and your nerdiness is a turnoff for most girls.
Like any growing teenage boy, you'd like the hot girl to notice you, and perhaps they do, but your confidence in that belief is shaky, so you end up not trusting that feeling, thinking to yourself,
"Why would they want me?"
Most of the school knows you're the quiet and reserved type, a nerd, with top grades, a social outcast. But underneath all that, in your close circle, you're witty as hell. The beat backs you've received in life for being all the above has helped you develop a sense of humour, that helps you cope with everything, and while you hear it internally, and only your close circle, you still haven't got the confidence to say what you feel to just about anyone...because you're afraid of the consequences, because you ARE still all of those above things.

Now...one day, you venture out on a high school trip. Before you know it, you're bitten by a radioactive spider. You feel like you're dying...then, you feel great. Better than great. You have super strength, speed, agility. You have something you never had before - power.
What will this do to you? It will change you. Now, you feel you have the power and the confidence to say and do what you feel, because now, it's erased all the above descriptions. However, this power goes to your head too much...and it's not long before you say things like,
"Sorry, pal...I'm a wrestler, not a cop."

At your uncle's funeral, you start reflecting on who you are why and why you're here. You start to realise the balance that must be taken, between being a kid wanting to have fun with his new powers, and being a man. A man with all this power and responsibility, and the weight of his actions if he choses to act selfishly with them, and allow his new found confidence to pull him in the directions that turn him into something he's not. You must never lose sight of who you always were before your powers arrived, and all these things that sucked, you realise kept you grounded above the rest...While still having fun with kicking the big bad between the legs and providing him with comic relief for his pain ;)

That's the Peter Parker I want to see.

Last edited:
Think about it.

You're a nerd. You're a child genius. You're quiet, which means some kids will like you, who are good kids themselves, while others will walk over you because they know they can.
You're an outsider, and with that, it's hard to interact with other social cliques. You're best pal, Harry Osborn, despite being rich, is also treat as an outsider by his school chums. But, Harry, through being rich, has something that you don't - friends and opportunities that money can be, and others will want a piece of that, and willingly allow him in places where you can't go.
You're good looking, but you hide behind glasses, and your nerdiness is a turnoff for most girls.
Like any growing teenage boy, you'd like the hot girl to notice you, and perhaps they do, but your confidence in that belief is shaky, so you end up not trusting that feeling, thinking to yourself,
"Why would they want me?"
Most of the school knows you're the quiet and reserved type, a nerd, with top grades, a social outcast. But underneath all that, in your close circle, you're witty as hell. The beat backs you've received in life for being all the above has helped you develop a sense of humour, that helps you cope with everything, and while you hear it internally, and only your close circle, you still haven't got the confidence to say what you feel to just about anyone...because you're afraid of the consequences, because you ARE still all of those above things.

Now...one day, you venture out on a high school trip. Before you know it, you're bitten by a radioactive spider. You feel like you're dying...then, you feel great. Better than great. You have super strength, speed, agility. You have something you never had before - power.
What will this do to you? It will change you. Now, you feel you have the power and the confidence to say and do what you feel, because now, it's erased all the above descriptions. However, this power goes to your head too much...and it's not long before you say things like,
"Sorry, pal...I'm a wrestler, not a cop."

At your uncle's funeral, you start reflecting on who you are why and why you're here. You start to realise the balance that must be taken, between being a kid wanting to have fun with his new powers, and being a man. A man with all this power and responsibility, and the weight of his actions if he choses to act selfishly with them, and allow his new found confidence to pull him in the directions that turn him into something he's not. You must never lose sight of who you always were before your powers arrived, and all these things that sucked, you realise kept you grounded above the rest...While still having fun with kicking the big bad between the legs and providing him with comic relief for his pain ;)

That's the Peter Parker I want to see.

latest

hagrid-harry-potter-hug.gif

:D

I know from similar experiences. I think we can all relate to Peter, and it's important that we do.
The importance and one of the perks of being an outsider, is that we can see so much of the inside from the outside, while those who are themselves in the inside, are mostly blind.
That's what I loved about the interpretation from the animated series back in the 90's, because it's easy to understand. Peter analyses and sees the situation at its heart, while others don't. We hear his internal thoughts and see the world from his perspective. The thoughts and world of the outsider. That is one of the most compelling pieces of his character in every form of medium.
So, for him to be wild and outwardly, for him to elevate himself to a place where the insiders are, he'll lose that understanding that he grew up with.

So, I think, despite his powers, Peter should still remain the outsider.

I'd have no problem if he FEELS like an outsider and on occasion is. But, I don't want that to hinder any interactions he can have with his friends so we can get some good social moments between Peter, Harry, MJ, Gwen and others in his midtown crew.

I'd have no problem if he FEELS like an outsider and on occasion is. But, I don't want that to hinder any interactions he can have with his friends so we can get some good social moments between Peter, Harry, MJ, Gwen and others in his midtown crew.

Nah. He can still interact with his friends and such. But there should be moments where his outsider status kicks in to full effect, and that should be the moments where his Spidey business keeps him somewhat isolated from his clique. That's pretty much a given. It happened with Tobey, mostly in SM2.

TSSM%20Peter%20Parker%2001%20-%20smaller.jpg

I would love to see something like Spectacular Spider-Man's Peter Parker.

I want him to beat himself up over things. Like "This is my fault, Harry would've never got hurt if etc, etc" I like it when Peter does that and questions his value as a hero. Onlg to eventually over come it and come back with a lesson learned and even better than ever,

I know some people may not agree with me.

Have Peter's personality just like Barry in The Flash show.

Barry is basically written like Peter in numerous ways. They are similiar characters but that should be a influence so to speak.

If Peter is an influence on Barry, then shouldn't Peter just act like Peter and not be influenced by a second rate version of himself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"