Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Yeah, with the same logic Arkham is a shameless clone of Spider-Man 2 too.
How is it a clone when it looks, feels and plays completely different? First off, SM PS4 doesn't even have a counter, it has dodge. 2nd, it's not a freeflow combat and Spider-Man doesn't floating across the room from one enemy to another. The game borrows some elements from Arkham series but combat is definitely not one of them. In fact, it's a lot closer to Spider-Man 2, as it was already pointed out by Random490 (square=attack, circle=dodge (instead of counter), x=jump, + it has air combat just like the movie game).
The stealth is also nothing like Arkham, just for the simple fact that it's so underwhelming and boring compared to Batman, has a little to no variations and enemy's AI is incredibly weak.
It looks different sure, but it doesn't feel all that different to me. The dodge/counter thing is largely cosmetic, gameplay wise it serves the same function. Batman blocking then countering and Spider-Man sliding under a dudes legs then countering is the same thing, it's just a different animation that plays. While yes, this game this game requires you to manually close in distance, it still largely feels the same to me. The only thing I had to get used to was them moving counter to circle instead of triangle and because I've already done this dance four times (six if you count Mad Max and Sleeping Dogs) previously, I've been able to mop the floor with just about everything this game has been able to throw at me.

I'm not sure it's a clone, but there are hardcore similarities! Also, yeah, Arkham Knight just...no. It should have been the end all/be all Batman game! The Batmobile and the fact that you don't get the ending until you beat EVERY Riddler challenge just killed it for me. I still haven't bothered to go back and play it, yet. Asylum, City, and especially Origins, those I play through the story mode regularly just for fun. Don't know why I love Origins so much...but I do.

Origins gets a lot of the core Batman stuff right that the Rocksteady games fall flat on or largely ignore so I totally get going back to that one.

Last edited:
Origins gets a lot of the core Batman stuff right that the Rocksteady games fall flat on or largely ignore so I totally get going back to that one.

So it's not just me? Good! For my money, that whole conversation between Batman and Alfred when Alfred calls him a rich little boy with too much anger (whatever he said), and Bruce puts Alfred in his place...that was the stuff. Also, beating the Joker for 5 minutes at the end was great. It showed that physically, Bats can pummel Joker to death...it's the fact that he doesn't that is the point of it all.

Arkham Origins is still my favorite Arkham game. It nails the characters, has some actual character development and some fantastic character moments. The Christmas setting is awesome and atmospheric. The gameplay is terrific, great boss fights. I loved the crime reconstruction thing they introduced, which really emphasized Batman's detective side. And the Mr. Freeze DLC is far and away the best DLC that's been released for an Arkham game.

Arkham Origins is still my favorite Arkham game. It nails the characters, has some actual character development and some fantastic character moments. The Christmas setting is awesome and atmospheric. The gameplay is terrific, great boss fights. I loved the crime reconstruction thing they introduced, which really emphasized Batman's detective side. And the Mr. Freeze DLC is far and away the best DLC that's been released for an Arkham game.

YES! The Freeze DLC rocked! It was like getting to relive The Animated Series...which is never a bad thing. Thanks...now I want to go home and replay that.

Also, on topic...Sigh.

Played back through the Spidey game on Game+ on Ultimate difficulty...and it ruined the DLC for me. Seeing Yuri turn bad after seeing what she and Spidey went through felt like watching Anakin turn to the dark side...but I actually liked Yuri. Also, it was just so forced! Hammerhead didn't get her to turn...but this d-bag way back when did, and she was working on this all through the first game?
AGH!!

Although, the last scene with Miles had my son and I PUMPED for part 2! Hope it makes it out before the PS5 comes out. I bought the PS4 JUST for this game...and I don't want to have to upgrade systems so that I can play the sequel. Still not entirely sure what to buy for PS4, anyways. I know...."God of War". If it's a 70 hour campaign and Ican't play it in front of a 7 year-old, then there isn't much point.

I have to regretfully admit i have never played Arkham Origins. i don't know what was going on around that time, but i just didn't get the chance. Speaking of, I just replayed through Arkham City and Arkham Knight and through the season of infamy DLC. almost 4 years later, I still think Arkham Knight is an awesome game, but with certain flaws. The batmobile combat is so tedious at times with the tanks, and it just happened way too much. If someone was the ask me if i had anything bad to say about Arkham Knight, the tank battles would come to mind and also the lack of proper boss battles, which season of Infamy helped fill in the gaps with. Still a great game though, and a brilliant trilogy all around. Arkham City is a masterpiece in many ways and holds up so incredibly well. Some people say Knight was missing Paul Dinis work, and I agree. ARkham Knight is a great game, with the best gameplay mechanics and graphics of the entire series, and i really enjoyed the story too, but Arkham Citys story has a charm to it that i think Knight kind of missed. Still, I love all 3 games haha. Had a blast replaying through Knight

Although, the last scene with Miles had my son and I PUMPED for part 2! Hope it makes it out before the PS5 comes out. I bought the PS4 JUST for this game...and I don't want to have to upgrade systems so that I can play the sequel. Still not entirely sure what to buy for PS4, anyways. I know...."God of War". If it's a 70 hour campaign and Ican't play it in front of a 7 year-old, then there isn't much point.

If it wasnt for Spiderman and Last of Us 2, i would have skipped this generation entirely. Spider-man 2 will undoubtably come on ps5 as a launch title, which is good because that should inspire them to improve the core gameplay significantly. Not to mention sony wants the launch titles to be as impressive and next level as possible

God of War would be a great experience for you and your boy, since it's a father-son story through and through. It's an epic journey, with some great moments where both grow together, so it's a must for you. It's absolutely recommended.

And about Spider-Man 2, it's totaly not coming for PS4. There's just no way. But there are other great games you can experience with the console.

I think god of war is more mature than what he wants to play in front of his kid. At least that's what I felt he was implying.

If it wasnt for Spiderman and Last of Us 2, i would have skipped this generation entirely. Spider-man 2 will undoubtably come on ps5 as a launch title, which is good because that should inspire them to improve the core gameplay significantly. Not to mention sony wants the launch titles to be as impressive and next level as possible
God of War would be a great experience for you and your boy, since it's a father-son story through and through. It's an epic journey, with some great moments where both grow together, so it's a must for you. It's absolutely recommended.

And about Spider-Man 2, it's totaly not coming for PS4. There's just no way. But there are other great games you can experience with the console.

You guys are breaking my heart. Much like the PS4, there is NO WAY I'll be able to swing a game system at launch. WAY too pricey. I wouldn't have even gotten the PS4 if it hadn't been 200 on Black Friday.
That being said, I may check out God of War. I've hear a lot of good about it. If it hits the 20-30 range, I may pick it up.

Oh, it's an "M" game?
Grr....yeah, there goes that idea.
Try the entire uncharted collection, it's really fun. The old games still hold up really well too and its "T" for teen. Uncharted 4 was great too imo.
Crash bandicoot collection is another one.
God of war is great, it's an awesome story but it's got some heavy language and lots of extreme violence.

Last edited:
I wonder when they plan on revealing the so called "Fantastic" content...

I was wondering about the Fantastic 4 thing too. I hope it's the Baxter building, Future Foundation & Bagman.

Unfortunately it wasn't in my top 3 most played games, but I definitely clocked up at least 100 hours.

It's in my top 3! All Sony's exclusives:

God of War - 200 hours
Horizon Zero Dawn - 135 hours
Marvel's Spider-Man - 78 hours

I'm surprised I played GoD for that long. I'll definitely play more of Spider-Man, since New-Game + is yet to be completed.

I played the game for a total of 101 hours last year. How about you guys? (If it's in your top 3 it will tell you)

2018 PlayStation Wrap-Up

First heard about this wrap up thing yesterday morning and it wouldn't work for me yesterday and it still will not work for me. Just says my user name and thinks for playing thing but nothing else. I wish the darn thing would work. There was something called playstation 4 life that came out a like month ago that is similar to this but it was only in the uk and I am in the USA.

I played the game for a total of 101 hours last year. How about you guys? (If it's in your top 3 it will tell you)

2018 PlayStation Wrap-Up

First heard about this wrap up thing yesterday morning and it wouldn't work for me yesterday and it still will not work for me. Just says my user name and thinks for playing thing but nothing else. I wish the darn thing would work. There was something called playstation 4 life that came out a like month ago that is similar to this but it was only in the uk and I am in the USA.

2018 PlayStation Wrap-Up

Ok figured it out.

25 games

Top games

Spiderman 74 hours

Mlb the show 18 43

GOW 35

503 total hours

most hours in a row 7

Days 104 out of 365

206 Trophies

Looks like a new patch is out updating right now at 56% sounds like it may have two new suits.

Ok so just finished the update looks to be two new suits. I guess this is the fantastic four dlc. Yep future foundation and bombastic bag man suit are now in the game. With all dlc I think there are now 40 suits in the game.

So I put 74 hours into this game last year and still have a few things left to do. I figured I was like around 65 or so. I did a first play threw that I thought was like 20 hours with out doing side missions. Did a second play threw that I would say was like 40 hours or so doing all missions. So that I figured got me to 60 hours. Did all the dlc figured that was around 8 hours total to get to 68. I guess my numbers where a little bit low. I still have a few news papers I need to get and 1 of the secret photos and at some point a new game + play threw and dlc 2 I have not 100% yet at like 83%.

New F4 suits...

marvels-spider-man-future-foundation-suit-ps4-playstation-4.450x495.jpg

marvels-spider-man-bombastic-bag-man-suit-ps4-playstation-4.450x495.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"