Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

15 hours ago
SPIDER-MAN Very Nearly Featured A Much Different Ending After Marvel Rejected Insomniac's Plans
Spider-Man features a lot of very interesting twists and turns but it's now been revealed that there was one plot point, in particular, that Marvel simply couldn't get on board with. Check it out...Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!
I'm glad they kept it and that Insomniac is bold enough to make hard decisions such as that one. I expect great things from them in the sequel.

Finally got 100% on all 3 dlc's and found all secret photos and all news papers have played like 78 hours of this game. I still need to do a new game + play threw. The 78 hours was to do 100% on all 3 dlcs and to do all side missions plus my first play threw I did like zero side missions have beaten the game twice on my second play threw I did the side stuff. Just got all the trophies last night to out side of the new game plus and beaten the game on the hardest difficulty.

I just got back on the DLC since taking a hiatus to 100% God of War & Hitman 2.

I forgot how to use all my gadgets. LOL.

This and RDR2 have dropped down in price (50 CAD). Might get this or just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all DLCs included. :hmm

I keep coming back to this game for the combat, traversal and impressive visuals; but after playing through the story multiple times, the Mary Jane and Miles sections are painfully boring. Getting through them is nothing but a chore.

I like the whole plot with Mr Negative. He's an interesting villain. I like the lab work with Otto. I like Yuri and Aunt May. Constantly cutting away from that stuff for Miles and Mary Jane is irritating and hurts the game. Most of the research stations are really tedious as well.

I heard Insomniac originally intended to have a boss fight for each member of the Sinister Six. That would have been great. They should have cut out most of the Miles/Mj stuff, and most of the research stations, then included more boss battles and side missions involving the individual members of the Sinister Six. That would have greatly improved the game. The Sinister Six were not done justice.

Also, not having Spider-man turn negative is a huge wasted opportunity.

Last edited:
They probably didn't have him turn negative because they want to do the symbiote story and save "bad Spiderman" for that

The story isn't really worth replaying. The only good is the dr. Octavius parts and ending.

Last edited:
They probably didn't have him turn negative because they want to do the symbiote story and save "bad Spiderman" for that

The story isn't really worth replaying. The only good is the dr. Octavius parts and ending.

Actually, I strongly dislike the ending. Particularly Otto's plan and the handling of Aunt May. The story has some huge problems.

In reality, Mr Negative is the main villain. His story takes up about 75% of the game. The Sinister six are just thrown in at the final act and completely rushed over. It's like there were two main story ideas and they were sloppily combined. Mr Negative doesn't get the conclusion he deserves, and the Sinister six come and go so quickly, and are defeated so easily, that they aren't done justice either.

Mr Negative's plan is to release the Devil's breath and ruin Osborn. As soon as Negative is captured, Otto immediately turns evil and just copies Mr Negative's plan. Not only is this lazy, but it's completely out of character. He decides to kill countless people just to make Norman look bad.

Last edited:
Just finished all the DLC... and I played every single episode in the Maguire/Raimi suit. It was such a joy.

Oh and screw screwball!!
Same here! The DLC was great and that suit looks gorgeous, I haven't wanted to take off the suit once I put it on.

Also, I couldn't agree more. Screwball ALMOST made me snap. :cmad:

Same here! The DLC was great and that suit looks gorgeous, I haven't wanted to take off the suit once I put it on.

Also, I couldn't agree more. Screwball ALMOST made me snap. :cmad:

My son groans any time I (jokingly) say that I'm going to replay a screwball level. He's 7. During the final chase, he asked why we couldn't just hit her and web her up. Pretty much my reaction upon hearing about her in the comics.

This was such a fun game but I was so disappointed with the Black Cat content.

I think this is the saddest part of a good game...the moment when you get everything on the game, and you start to walk away from it. I went back to playing the Batman Arkham remasters on Xbox One just to have something to do. I'll go back and replay Spider-Man later, I think. Just need to let the appetite build up a bit.

I really wish that wasn't "it" for the content. I would happily pay for more just to keep it going.

Did everything except the NG which I probably won't do since I'm behind on so many other games.

But 100% everything else. 5 star game but with a 3 star DLC.

I’ve been playing the game a bit on my phone tonight using the new remote play update. I don’t think I’m ever going to comfortably get used to playing games like this, but it may work okay for some. Definitely a cool feature anyway. 55281B47-14AA-4857-AE9D-8A36538349DE.jpeg

Hey everyone,

I'm kind of echoing what I wrote in the description for the video but, figured I'd post it here too in case anyone enjoys these things. Like most of you, I've been obsessed with Insomniac's iteration of Spider-Man. It's really the only game I play now. I've completed it 100% several times and kind of need ways to keep it "fresh".

Some of you may recall doing this as kids but, I've decided to start creating little challenges for myself. I got the brilliant idea of trying to tackle each Enemy Hideout, on Ultimate difficulty, without taking damage/having my combo reset. (I only have one more left I have to complete.)

My friends and family have always marveled at the way I play video games. When I used to play Resistance: Fall of Man online I had the honor of being called by Insomniac Games one of their best players.

Now, I'm trying my hand at gaining the title of being known as one of the best Spider-Man players. While I did have opportunities in the past to make a career out of this, I was 16 at the time, I've just never really wanted to. Like I say in the description, if this is something you enjoy watching and I can provide a few minutes of escapism...that's all that really matters to me.

If you check out the video, here's hoping you like it/find it worthwhile viewing.

Wishing you guys all the best.

- Adam

Last edited:
Because I'm an old fart who doesn't have much time on her hands anymore, I had to wait a little while before I could tackle this game. The wait killed me.

Anyway, I finished the game around Christmastime. I did not expect to be a sobbing MESS at the end of a freaking video game.

Anyway, best Spider-Man game ever. One of the best Spider-Man stories ever, too. I had already been excited to play the game, but my expectations were 110% blown away.

I'm going to be playing the DLCs soon, and I cannot wait for the sequel.

Yeah I'm doing the New Game Plus mode for the first time. Haven't played the game since before Christmas. Its as awesome as ever.

I'm still in awe at how riveting the Peter/Otto story is. That really is their jewel in the crown. And the fact they kept it all so under wraps when the game was in development. I mean the only reason we found out Ock was even in the game was because some SFX guy accidentally blabbed it at some game con.

I remember when playing for the first time how I thought Otto would be a side story for what he would eventually become in the sequel.

Lo and behold, he was actually the main villain and I loved this interpretation of him, how the game made a step by step of his transformation/creation of the tentacles and how that was so well done.

Norman was fantastic as well and I really hope we can finally get Green Goblin once again for the next game.

15 hours ago
SPIDER-MAN Very Nearly Featured A Much Different Ending After Marvel Rejected Insomniac's Plans
Spider-Man features a lot of very interesting twists and turns but it's now been revealed that there was one plot point, in particular, that Marvel simply couldn't get on board with. Check it out...Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

So happy they got to go their own way, that part really made you feel the ending.

Am back into playing this after a long break and lost my rhythm on it, in terms of combo's and best style of play. Just doing some 'area cleaning up' before going to take on Rhino & Scorpion.

Trying to get all crimes completed in each district before I carry on with main story.

edit - Still best game I ever played and that intro still gets me, it will always get me.

Last edited:
….and this is just a work of beauty, art and joy-inducing awesome-ness. :spidey:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"