Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

me personally I do not care about the 'recasting' of Peter I mean most of the game he is gonna be in the suit
The overreaction to his face being changed is odd to me too. I get some people will dislike the change but some of these comments are almost like they took his face and replaced it with some kind of Frankenstein's monster or something.

I just find it hilarious that people are flipping out over the face being changed. When before the game came out people complained about the first face lol.

It's pretty much unanimous that the two major issues with the new face are:
1) He looks much much younger than what he sounds or from how old he is supposed to be in the game.
2) The suspicious resemblance to an already established Spider-Man in different media. It should be its own thing.
Other than that I personally wouldn't care much how he looks, although I liked the previous face.

The clip they showed is considerably less expressive than the previous face, most of the obvious concern you can see on Peter's face is just gone, the change just looks lazy and lifeless to me, like an afterthought that they did just to make it consistent with the next game but didn't bother to put much effort in.

Eh. I don't recall criticising the original face for Peter. Changing the face going forward and erasing it from the original game is a bizarre choice made for an odd reason. It's a jarring break with continuity.

For what it's worth, I'm sure it'll work much better in the sequel title. Since that is mainly what is was made for and we wont have another version to compare it to

I'm pressing X to doubt in that one. I don't think that face will look more mature in the sequel. Tbh if they wanted to change the faces for a sequel I'd say follow the example of the Raimi Spider-man cast deep fakes posted a page or so back. They looked good, especially MJ.

Eh. I don't recall criticising the original face for Peter. Changing the face going forward and erasing it from the original game is a bizarre choice made for an odd reason. It's a jarring break with continuity.
I remember people complaining about the faces, especially when the second trailer came out after the reveal a year prior. Clearly people got over it.

Honestly for me now that I’ve had time too clam down and think about it that it’s really not the end of the world. Like others have said it’s basically like a recasting in a major superhero movie franchise just in video games. I grew to love the Peter in the original game but it is what it is.

I’m sure Insomniac truly felt this was the right move moving forward for the franchise and there may be other behind the scenes reason but Insomniac gave me the best Spider-Man game and one of the best superhero games of all-time up there with the Arkham trilogy (also looking forward to Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League by the way). so I’m still very much looking forward to Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and the plans they have for the series.

I was planning on getting the remaster with the Miles game before this came up but not anymore because I’m still happy with my PS4 copy and I’ll just play it on my PS5.

Plus even though Sony said there won’t be a physical copy of the remaster I’m holding out till they announce Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and see if they release a physical edition to go with 2.

Ok sorry for the rant just wanted too put my two cents in.

Last edited:
I don't like this change. I don't care for Insomniac's supposed reasoning for doing so either. This new look is too young imo for an experienced Spider-Man and imo looks too similar to Holland, who stars in an adaptation that I don't care for...a separate issue but still.

I defended Insomniac during Puddle-Gate. I even defended them during the Raimi suit debacle but this...I just can't get behind. Look it's their game and they can change stuff at their leisure and in the grand scheme it probably won't affect much about the upcoming Spider-Man games. The ps4 version is one of the best Spider-Man adaptations. But maybe that's also why this change is so difficult to accept. I grew to love that adaptation as much as I grew attached to the characters and yes, even how they look. Even in a game where you play as a character that for the most part wears a mask. Such a drastic change though imo is disheartening. Imagine RDJ being replaced as Iron Man, as an example, with another actor by the time we reach Infinity War. You could say it's different cause we got him in several films before that but time wise it isn't. The ps4 game plus the dlc...that's what, like 10+ hours of story time at least. About the same as movies. I dunno. I'm trying to rationalize this change but no matter how I think of it, it just reeks of needless change. Unlike the Puddle nonsense, this is an obvious downgrade.

I don't mind the new face if they can make him emote more. I like the previous face, but it feels too much like mine in how expression changes still don't affect the face noticeably enough.

I don't like the change as well but if they are going to get a new actor for the sequel, then might as well replace the one in the first game, if they can which they did. At least, it won't that jarring when the sequel hits and Peter Parker looks younger (and cuter).

I'm still pissed that this upgrade is only for people that willbuy the ultimate edition that is tied to Miles Morales, but geez death threats over a freaking game.

I never had any problems with the way Peter looked, so the change is quite bothersome to me.

Death threats are unethical and totally unacceptable behavior. These people who are freaking out over a character design in a video game. Are given fans a very bad representation of fandom. It’s sad to see toxicity creep it’s way into social media society so rampantly.

I can't begin to describe (and I know it shouldn't affect me too much, but it does) how much the re-design for the PS5 remastered version upsets me, for a number of reasons.

Anonymous threats is the work of cowards and also evil in nature. But I do think Insomniac needs to suffer the consequences of their act. The way to do it is through sales and not buying this game like they all assume people will because people are all talk. Intihar said he appreciates the passion but he really doesnt. He appreciates the sales made on the backs of passion. His actions and Insomniacs action say otherwise. True damage will be hitting the company in their wallet. They are just thumbing their noses at the people who dont like it. Disguted at phonies all Around.

I wouldn't go so far as to not buy the games. It's all about the gameplay for me, I don't wanna miss out on the fun. Anyway, I wasn't in love with the first game, so I think I'll skip the remaster and just buy Miles Morales

Anonymous threats is the work of cowards and also evil in nature. But I do think Insomniac needs to suffer the consequences of their act. The way to do it is through sales and not buying this game like they all assume people will because people are all talk. Intihar said he appreciates the passion but he really doesnt. He appreciates the sales made on the backs of passion. His actions and Insomniacs action say otherwise. True damage will be hitting the company in their wallet. They are just thumbing their noses at the people who dont like it. Disguted at phonies all Around.
I really don't like this.
They need to suffer the consequences of their actions? What actions? Changing the face of a character in a videogame THEY created??

Also, assuming Bryan Intihar is all about money and sales is ridiculous. They fought to get this Spider-Man game, they fought to make the best Spider-Man game they could make. Labeling him as some soulless capitalist just because he CHANGED THE FACE OF A CHARACTER IN THE GAME is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't like the change, but it's not even remotely close to being worth not supporting them in the future over it. It's largely just going to take some getting used to more than anything else. As baffling as the change is to me, they still have my trust.

This weird new Peter has certainly dulled my excitement for the future. I'll pick up Miles a little later second hand.

I don't like the change, but it's not even remotely close to being worth not supporting them in the future over it. It's largely just going to take some getting used to more than anything else. As baffling as the change is to me, they still have my trust.
Exactly because it's not they're not the same studio that put out the game we all fell in love with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"