Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Creative director has made a statement now on Twitter. Still makes no sense to me.

If disney got involved.....I would be very mad. Not everyone likes tom holland. Some people had this spider-man be the one who they will follow moving forward.

If they got jealous/mad since this spidey destroys the MCU spidey in every way possible and so they told them to make it look like tom holland then I would riot.

I doubt it was Marvel/Disney. It could have been Sony, as I saw a theory the change was made to line it up more with the Avengers model. :barf:

It could also be the Spider-man 2 model. At which point, I feel it is a mistake to retro actively add it. Be less jarring if it was just a change in the sequel.

I mean, I don’t think I would mind it as much if all the characters were getting redesigns to some extent. Whether that be in the remaster or the sequel, but to only have Peter be redone? It doesn’t make sense and looks totally out of place.

I really don’t get this. The worst part is, the actor they used doesn’t really like that much like Holland the way it does in the game. They rounded out his jaw line and the addition of the hair really makes him look too young for 23. Him interacting with Miles is going to be so weird when the teenager looks older than the adult.

Creative director has made a statement now on Twitter. Still makes no sense to me.

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but check out the new actor's IG:

Looks nothing like the new in-game model which supposedly used his likeness. This new guy actually looks like a great replacement and fits the more mature Spidey of this canon. How they managed to de-age him a good 10 years AND suspiciously make him look more like Holland makes this excuse and explanation look so manufactured.

I'm convinced Sony/Marvel forced a hand here to ensure some connective tissue with the MCU. Such a poor decision on their part.

v1bvqkw2ceq51.png

I am not sure how i fell about this yeah he looks more realistic but he also looks younger now and like Tom holland. With the amazing spiderman suit i hope we also get the suit from the second movie. The first movie suit was trash. The second games suit is amazing. I also just saw this.

https://sp1st.com/news/marvels-spide...ll-look-better

God, it really does looks so out of place. The face model looks like something out of a completely different game.

At first glance outside of the Peter change, the scene just simply look brighter.

And the voice doesn't seem to match better to me. :huh:

I don't think it's a bad look for a Peter.

But it's unnecessary here because it takes away the connection to this Peter that we've come to know and love. I've played through the game at least 5 times, so Bubniak has solidified himself as Spidey to me in Insomniac's universe.

Also, Bubniak has a matured look that fits the experienced and seasoned Spider-Man that this Spidey is supposed to be. This new version really does look like a teenager.

I'm so disappointed about this.

This has garbge sony move over it. They bought Insomniac last year and now make them change it to match synergy with their movie Spider-Man rights. I love the first game but now will likely hate this franchise more then Garfied total garbage franchise. From first to worse instantly. Betrayal to fans worldwide. BS excuse because no one else has new model. I will not be one of the suckers to by miles morales now, cancel my order because inabling this type of action is a victory for Sony interference or possibly just bad creative impulse.

Also I see Jacina Chew telling fans she is greatful for their trust with this model but is obviously very careless about the consequences. How can we trust developers when you erase our experience and emotions from the game moving forward. When you value an expeience from your audience so little I have no faith in you.

Well I wasn't planning on getting the remaster anyway. I'm still happy with the PS4 version I bought and with no hint at new content I have no plans on paying for the same game twice.

The real problem is that this bizarre choice, 2 years after the fact, will be implimented in any sequel going forward...

The thing that gets me is that they keep insisting that this is all for the reasons of better matching the face structure of Yuri Lowenthal to better show emotion on the face but.. why did they have to go so drastic with it? They could still keep some of the unique characteristics of Peter (his bushy eyebrows, etc.) without completely turning him into a different person while still altering it for next gen. And if it's so important to 'update it to a next-gen performance' then why only Peter, the character who we see the face of the least? If it's so important, you'd think they'd be changing MJ, Otto, etc. yet from what we've seen it's just Peter. And they chose an awful scene to display it too since even there, I definitely saw less emotions on his face, not more.

Their reasoning just doesn't make sense and I'm getting more annoyed.

I don’t buy it either. A lot of voice actors don’t look like their character. And based off that comparison video I don’t see any better in the new models expressions, detail, etc. Their reasonings don’t add up.

I try not to let myself get suckered into conspiracy theories but the one about Marvel or Sony meddling for Peter to look more like Holland could be true. The recent Avengers game has the characters looking like lame knock-offs of their MCU counterparts as well.

I don’t buy it either. A lot of voice actors don’t look like their character. And based off that comparison video I don’t see any better in the new models expressions, detail, etc. Their reasonings don’t add up.

I try not to let myself get suckered into conspiracy theories but the one about Marvel or Sony meddling for Peter to look more like Holland could be true. The recent Avengers game has the characters looking like lame knock-offs of their MCU counterparts as well.
Yep, and I don’t see the point when they look like lame knockoffs. Good looking alternative knock-offs fine lol.

It has to be a business decision. Because they used a new model for the remaster. Recastings happen and I'm fine with that. But they took footage that everyone is familiar with and replaced the main character's face, while the original voice recording is still intact. That shows really poor judgement on their part. Like of course everyone would hate it

I don't buy this move nor do I like it but there is nothing I can do about it.

I don't really like the new face either, but some of y'alls reactions are insane. The change in face can suddenly make you go from loving the franchise to hating it?

me personally I do not care about the 'recasting' of Peter I mean most of the game he is gonna be in the suit

The new face has grown on me, but it still doesn't make sense. Like @Daltonio said - there seems to be less emotion in the new remastered scene, not more.

My biggest problem is I don't think the new face model screams "Peter Parker" like Bubniak did and I don't think it matches Yuri's voice at all now.

I don’t think this was a Disney thing might’ve been a Sony pictures thing. I’m actually seeing a few different young actors in that new model from Tom Holland to Grant Gustin to Asa Butterfield. It’s weird but whatever, square the chin and I think that will help with some of the he looks too young complaints. At this point the thing comes out in a month nothings changing and this still looks easy better than what’s going on with some of The Avengers game bland character models.

I wasn't a fan of how Peter looked before. Honestly, I think the new Peter looks better, though obviously much younger. The faces of the original version of the game had that bad Mass Effect Andromeda feel going on. That said, I am confused why people are blaming Disney for this. Where did that come from? :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"