Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Ew, ew, ew. I hate that redesign, he's a completely different person. Now we're at the graphical level we are, changing a character's appearance like this is just like recasting an actor for film 2. It sucks that the next Spidey adventure won't be with the Peter Parker we grew attached to, and it doubly sucks that with this remaster he'll essentially be getting patched out of the story we already have.

Last edited:
Ooof. Not digging this at all. They literally reskinned for Holland’s likeness. Wonder what else will change going forward. Very disappointed.

Not usually bothered by stuff like this but I did really connect with that Peter. Looking forward to playing in the basket ball suit though. I hope the suit power is a crane.

I do not buy their reasoning. They absolutely want off brand Tom Holland.
I'm not buying it either. That face doesn't even look right with Yuri's voice. I don't think the old model will be back for the sequel, but hopefully they update it.

(Also: nice to see the Amazing suit being added. Figured it was coming)

Based on the reactions online, I can't really find a single positive reaction to the new face. It's not that it looks bad, but after being so used to Peter's look in the PS4 game as well as the new model looking too young, I feel like Insomniac is immediately regretting this decision.

Based on the reactions online, I can't really find a single positive reaction to the new face. It's not that it looks bad, but after being so used to Peter's look in the PS4 game as well as the new model looking too young, I feel like Insomniac is immediately regretting this decision.
Looks too young, the face doesn't match Yuri's voice and we all were used to and loved the old model.

God, it really does looks so out of place. The face model looks like something out of a completely different game.

The new Peter design is terrible. I liked the original design and he actually looked liked a seasoned Spidey. The new design looks like a discount Tom Holland that’s still in high school rather than in his 20s.

Wonder what exactly prompted Insomniac to make this dumb decision

I hate tom hollands spider-man with a passion. I didnt care because I has insomniacs spidey which is by far my favourite since spectacular spiderman and amazing. Now with this change....it hurts. I hope it is not result of tom holland but man it looks just like him.

They cant and wont change it now. That peter is also on miles as well so the deed is done. I just hope they make him look older at least. Gonna miss my original peter. Probably will play the first game again (7th time) before miles to get used to him before jumping into miles.

Damn, I hate MCU spidey so much.

I don't know what they were thinking. Why wouldn't they remaster the game as is? Seeing this new face in those dramatic scenes will be super awkward. He's gonna cry over Aunt May, and kiss MJ. All the while they look just as they used to. It's just very off-putting

And yeah I don't buy their reasoning either. John Bubniak was the perfect face model for Yuri's vocal performance. The new face doesn't match well at all

Bloody awful. I like Holland's Peter, but they didn't need to make the game version look like him. Make the characters their own unique identity instead of modeling off another version. Plus it just doesn't go with Yuri's voice.

Big nope. Don't like it. At all. Doc Ock still has the same face model and wasn't turned into Alfred Molina. Why the hell did they have to change Peter's?

Last edited:
I am livid at this decision. I can't even find the words to express myself with right now.

Big nope. Don't like it. At all. Doc Ock still has the same face model and wasn't turned into Alfred Molina. Why the hell did they have to change Peter's?

They said in their blog it's so the voice better matches Yuri's face for next-gen.

Non-sense IMO.

Honestly this kills a lot of my hype for the franchise, there was just no reason to do this.

Miles looks older than Peter now. And think about MJ too, she's gonna look like she's dating a high schooler.

This sucks so much, I can't even get excited about the TASM suit anymore which I've wanted for years.

The original Peter model looked more like Garfield too, so using the TASM suit would have felt more appropriate.

It really does affect the feel of the game.....I am curious when I play it but right now I am trying to picture the intro/ending fight/mj kiss with the new peter and it feels drastically different in my head.

Its gonna take some time to get used to it. Hopefully I can accept it but I dunno. Better now and remaster than do a random switch for the sequel or randomly seeing it in miles game. They knew there would be backlash. Firgured do it now and fix it now instead of sequel.

If disney got involved.....I would be very mad. Not everyone likes tom holland. Some people had this spider-man be the one who they will follow moving forward.

If they got jealous/mad since this spidey destroys the MCU spidey in every way possible and so they told them to make it look like tom holland then I would riot.

This redesign is pointless and is completely screwing with my head. Glad that the TASM suit is confirmed though, definitely going to use that one a lot.

I don't know what they were thinking. Why wouldn't they remaster the game as is? Seeing this new face in those dramatic scenes will be super awkward. He's gonna cry over Aunt May, and kiss MJ. All the while they look just as they used to. It's just very off-putting

And yeah I don't buy their reasoning either. John Bubniak was the perfect face model for Yuri's vocal performance. The new face doesn't match well at all
It'll be like watching a deepfake video, it's just gonna be distracting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"