Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

I got through Act II last Sunday. I really don't want to finish the story, but it's so cool and interesting that I feel I'll be done with it the next time I boot this game.

By the way...I HATE the Taskmaster bomb challenges. I really, REALLY HATE THEM!

I'm at 90% complete, do you have to unlock all of the suits to get a 100%? As I don't think I'm going to be able to get the challenge tokens I need for the last 4 suits I need to buy.

I'm at 90% complete, do you have to unlock all of the suits to get a 100%? As I don't think I'm going to be able to get the challenge tokens I need for the last 4 suits I need to buy.

Yes, if you want to platinum the game 100%, then you need to get all the suits. There's a specific trophy for unlocking all of them.

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of what you're referring to, and maybe I just need to get better, but I wish there was a button that made Spidey slam his breaks and come to a complete stop/stick (without perching). I understand the mechanics of the game are designed for him so that there is always forward momentum, but that would help more in scenarios such as the one I mentioned earlier.

Out of curiosity. Start running up a wall, but midway, let go of the left analog stick, but keep your finger pressed on R2. He comes to a complete stop with 1 hand on wall. This seems like a faster stop than just releasing both stick & R2 where he goes into wallcrawl.

If that's not it, sorry I misunderstood.

Yes, if you want to platinum the game 100%, then you need to get all the suits. There's a specific trophy for unlocking all of them.
So I'm gonna need the Taskmaster tokens to het them, or are there other challenge options?

My plan was to finish the story on my 1st time through before all the spoilers got to me, then in NG+ that's where I'll take my time, exploring until I stumble on to a story path.

Some news from a livestream...

Patch 1.06 is coming sometime this week. Most likely will just be some bug fixes including a crashing problem some people have been experiencing as well as some out of the map issues.

There's a possibility that the web blossom suit power will be nerfed. Apparently Insomniac thinks it's too powerful and takes away from a fun aspect of the game or the challenge. This has NOT been confirmed to be happening.

We'll have to wait a bit longer for the new game plus update though. They're still working on it and it won't be ready for a couple of weeks.

It has been confirmed about a nerfed web-blossom. One of the devs played on Spectacular difficulty and it made combat too easy. They said it will be nerfed significantly.

If so, can we keep quiet about Spider-Bro? :funny: It was a huge help in getting all gold in the Combat Challenges. If in New Game + those challenges all reset, I would like to invite Bro to those fights again.

So I'm gonna need the Taskmaster tokens to het them, or are there other challenge options?

You need all the suits except the ESU, which is obtained through secret photo ops. You don't need that one.

Taskmaster I'm pretty sure is the only way to earn challenge tokens, unfortunately.

Unfortunately you need Taskmaster challenges to get the challenge tokens. Its the only way to get them. But if you want my advice, stick to getting the gold on the stealth and fight ones. Much more manageable. Settle for getting the bare minimum tokens on the drone and bomb challenges. That's what I did and I got enough to unlock all the suits.

I like this version of Spider-Man and his world so much more than the MCU version honestly. I'd put this version up there with my favorites like Spectacular, the 90s show, and the first 2 Raimi movies. There was a satisfying level of depth to all the characters, and I appreciated the level of maturity the arcs are handled with. There is not enough of that for me with Homecoming. Peter goes through so much in this story yet still does what's right and manages to hold onto optimism at the end despite it all. For me what makes something stand above is when it's able to make me feel emotions through what the characters are going through and it really hit home in this story with all the characters.

You need all the suits except the ESU, which is obtained through secret photo ops. You don't need that one.

Taskmaster I'm pretty sure is the only way to earn challenge tokens, unfortunately.
I didn't even know about the secret photo stuff until you mentioned it, there's 50 of them! :eek:

Unfortunately you need Taskmaster challenges to get the challenge tokens. Its the only way to get them. But if you want my advice, stick to getting the gold on the stealth and fight ones. Much more manageable. Settle for getting the bare minimum tokens on the drone and bomb challenges. That's what I did and I got enough to unlock all the suits.
Thanks for the tip man, just used a mix of bomb, drone and stealth to get another suit, I now only need one more! :D: the other one I need you can only get by clearing all the districts.

Isn't this the right time to lock this and start a sequel thread?
I like this version of Spider-Man and his world so much more than the MCU version honestly. I'd put this version up there with my favorites like Spectacular, the 90s show, and the first 2 Raimi movies.
I obviously agree. I will also add the unpopular favorite and say the Amazing Spider-Man movies and the third Raimi Spidey flick..

Definitely Not Murder

Also, when the ground is on fire, like during the very 1st combat scene, and you web them up then webslam stick them to their slow roasting fiery death bbq!

Last edited:
Honestly, I definitely murdered a bunch of people. Remember when you rescue civilians from being trapped under a car? Well, sometimes I happen to web thugs to the opposite side of the car. So, when I flip the car over to rescue the civilian, I kinda flip the car on the thug, ='D

Speaking of murdering civilians in Spider-Man games; I love throwing them from high distances in the older free roam games, controlling the murderous sadistic Spider-Man. :oldrazz:

Before I realized thugs would get webbed to the side of buildings, I always tried to control the combat, so I wouldn't accidentally knock thugs off buildings. It's not easy, because the final punch/kick will always send thugs flying. Honestly, the impact of those final punches and kicks alone would probably kill someone. :funny:

How much does throwing them off building reduce your chance of earning experience points?

I think not at all. Because sometimes knocking thugs off buildings is actually a requirement. I think it counts as an instant takedown.

So this is not like Batman where instant takedowns cut down your chances of higher XP earned, that's really nice to hear.

Well, I am not 100% certain whether or not it undercuts your XP gain. I'm just assuming here. All I know is that I gained levels pretty quick and never felt like I didn't level fast enough.

This, you don't need gold for all the challenges to get enough tokens for the suits.

I was hit and miss with the bombs and drone challenges. But I got gold on all stealth and combat challenges, ended up being enough. Don't spend them on gadgets though. Otherwise you're screwed.

This, you don't need gold for all the challenges to get enough tokens for the suits.

I was hit and miss with the bombs and drone challenges. But I got gold on all stealth and combat challenges, ended up being enough. Don't spend them on gadgets though. Otherwise you're screwed.

I only had to gold all the stealth challenges, and I've unlocked pretty much everything. The challenge tokens are the only ones I had to go back a re-do to get enough tokens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"