Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Yeah, it's getting a sequel not even a question at this point, the only question is whether it's cross platform between this gen and next gen, or if it'll exclusively be an early title for the PS5.

Yeah, it's getting a sequel not even a question at this point, the only question is whether it's cross platform between this gen and next gen, or if it'll exclusively be an early title for the PS5.

I’m calling it now. I think we’ll see two Spider-man sequels on the ps5 before the FF7 remake comes out.

Just completed the game and got the Platinum trophy. The entire game was super fun and never felt like a chore.

My only criticism is that I wish the game was a bit more challenging, especially the boss fights. Otherwise I had a blast and Insomniac deserves an applause!

With the positive reception and sales, this will absolutely get a sequel. My guess is that it could be a launch title for the PS5. Do you guys feel the same?

I’m calling it now. I think we’ll see two Spider-man sequels on the ps5 before the FF7 remake comes out.
FF VII remake jokes are flying left and right. If fans are lucky, they might get it as a PS5 launch title before further delays.

I'm rooting for the Spidey game series to end as a trilogy, without entering the realm of secret identity gone public or death of Peter Parker.

Just completed the game and got the Platinum trophy. The entire game was super fun and never felt like a chore.

My only criticism is that I wish the game was a bit more challenging, especially the boss fights. Otherwise I had a blast and Insomniac deserves an applause!

With the positive reception and sales, this will absolutely get a sequel. My guess is that it could be a launch title for the PS5. Do you guys feel the same?

Not sure if it will be a launch title or not but I think first full year of the system being out. Ps5 will most likely be out late 2020 has 2019 is to soon with some of the big games still to come and I dont think they would wait all the way un till 2021 for ps5. The game should take 2-3 years to make a sequel that would put a sequel out in either later part of 2020 for ps5 launch or 2021. I think Horizon zero dawn 2 will be a launch titeld than because by late 2020 they will have had around 3 and a half years already to work on that. Horizon zero dawn 2 and spiderman sequel both in around the first full year would be a great start for ps5 that is like 2 must own games in just a year!

FF VII remake jokes are flying left and right. If fans are lucky, they might get it as a PS5 launch title before further delays.

I'm rooting for the Spidey game series to end as a trilogy, without entering the realm of secret identity gone public or death of Peter Parker.

With Square’s pacing, people will be lucky if the remake comes out before 2025.

And I’m not going to lie, this game is making me want to get a ps4. But being a poor actor makes that purchase hard to justify.

With Square’s pacing, people will be lucky if the remake comes out before 2025.

And I’m not going to lie, this game is making me want to get a ps4. But being a poor actor makes that purchase hard to justify.
Good luck with everything in your life, buddy. :up:

3.3 million units in 3 days.....wow. Awesome. Bring on the sequel.

Also congrats to those who got 100%. Welcome to the Platinum club.

The score is up on YouTube. It will be out tomorrow

Little disappointed that the track that plays through out the game, and like at the Kingpin construction level isn't there. Nor is the puzzle music (seems to be a hint of it in one track but it is not the full thing)

Little disappointed that the track that plays through out the game, and like at the Kingpin construction level isn't there. Nor is the puzzle music (seems to be a hint of it in one track but it is not the full thing)

Nice I was wondering when it would be up have been looking a lot the music in this game is so good.

So, I finally reached the point in the story to unlock the challenges. After playing thru them for a bit I was able to gold two of the drone challenges, two bomb ones, and one each of the stealth and combat.

I know I don't have to gold them all to unlock everything but my ocd completionist won't let me stop at silver lol. The bomb ones were actually pretty easy imo. I got gold on both in my first playthrough. The drone ones took the most time. It was just a matter of memorizing the path. Same with stealth. I needed to memorize the enemy locations--once I had that down it was relatively easy. Also, using the impact web to stick enemies to surfaces helped a lot and saved me time. Cause time is the biggest part of the scoring in all them. Combat was the easiest once I figured out that time on the challenge awarded the most points. I had to change up my play style for those and stick to using lots of finisher moves and basically one-shotting enemies with either impact webbing or Web bomb then concusive blast them into walls, etc.

Guess I'll be disconnecting my ps4 from the internet until I finish my first playthrough. I ****ing hate when devs nerf weapons and abilities in single player games. I especially hate that they try to force it on players with mandatory patches.

I don't blame you for doing so. Nerfing powers or abilities in a single player game doesn't really make sense to me either.

I can kinda understand both sides, yeah, it's a single player game so you aren't hurting other players by using it, balance is far less important in single player, on the other hand web blossom is easy to use as a crutch to prevent you from getting more creative with gadgets, combos, and the other suit powers, the last time I used it I counted twelve enemies that had been instantly taken out by it.

Based on Bryan Intahar's interviews lately, there's no doubt about a symbiote sequel.

With that said, making a game/map this big, it would be a shame to not continue adding content to a giant playground they worked hard on. From a business standpoint, they can keep adding to this successful game. Maybe they can set a new team to continue releasing dlc, while their main ppl can work on sequel.

Based on Bryan Intahar's interviews lately, there's no doubt about a symbiote sequel.

With that said, making a game/map this big, it would be a shame to not continue adding content to a giant playground they worked hard on. From a business standpoint, they can keep adding to this successful game. Maybe they can set a new team to continue releasing dlc, while their main ppl can work on sequel.

Outside of the 3 DLCs planned, i can see them adding a few extra challenges, or side missions extra before the sequel comes out.

As for the sequel,
i wonder if Harry will be the "venom of this universe, considering it looks like the venom symbiote is keeping him alive. I can see Peter saving Harry from the symbiote, only to have it attach to Peter.

Just finished it, 100% complete! :jd:

I found the MKII armor that reminded me of the Wasp's suit and the MKIII Armor very helpful in beating the Sable agents missions in the various districts, in particular the ACP missions. I also loved the suit Black Cat left for Spidey and the Noir suit as well as the white 2099 suit, and I have to say the new one designed for the game really grew on me.

Btw was there a way to extend the extra legs on the Iron Spider suit?

Overall the game is the best Spidey experience since the first game on the PSone and a great achievement by Insomniac. :wowe:

Just finished it, 100% complete! :jd:

Congratulation! \o/

Btw was there a way to extend the extra legs on the Iron Spider suit?

Yes, it's a suit power you need to select.

42220416_577954372622420_8576027771363393536_o.jpg

The account uploading it has been adding more and more of the game's tracks so those themes might be there now, I've been listening to it, and wow, the music stood out to me as awesome while playing, but hearing the music on its own I really appreciate how phenomenal Paesano's work on this game is, this is the best soundtrack anything Spider-Man related has had since Elfman's work on the Raimi films.

The account uploading it has been adding more and more of the game's tracks so those themes might be there now, I've been listening to it, and wow, the music stood out to me as awesome while playing, but hearing the music on its own I really appreciate how phenomenal Paesano's work on this game is, this is the best soundtrack anything Spider-Man related has had since Elfman's work on the Raimi films.

That moment specifically is such a standout during the final boss and the hero theme kicks in, so good. Like a great culmination of everything working at top form presentation-wise, I saw an interview with Bryan Intihar actually bringing up that moment in the climax as where he knew they got it and I agree.

Gotta listen to the whole score later!

I hope it comes out in PS4 Pro.

I went Platinum last night.:DV:

I thought it'd be more of a chore finishing high in the challenges, but after getting a better feel for the layouts on the bomb and stealth missions (and some YouTube viewings), I was able to breeze through. I might even be tempted to finish getting gold on the drone missions, as they turned out to not be the hellacious bouts of misery that I'd initially labeled them.

I managed to swing over to the Raft and learned that most of it (and those passing ships) are unrendered designs that you just pass through. There's one opening in the prison that's basically a giant abyss where you just fall to your death. I just pretended it was all something Mysterio had done.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"